What do you want to see on AFN going forward?

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Good morning growers!

Simply put as the thread title suggests, what are some things you'd like to see on the AFN forum going forward?

Whether we are able to do them or not (for physical, financial, software, etc limitations,) having an idea of the things that you, the members, would like to see, or keep seeing, etc etc, helps us make some decisions on where to spend our own time and resources.

Appreciated!

1709481095518.png

Grow of the month
Maybe start a thread where users can make nominations of grow threads to be showcased then the moderators choose one each month based on real feedback. The Mods would reach out a few weeks before the next month asking the next person if they would like to be showcased and if the person agrees they would make a small write up/overview of the grow and at the bottom would be the link to the original grow thread. I used to be active on a reefing forum and it was an honor to get showcased on their homepage as reef of the month and took awhile to build the tank to a place of show off levels. They had a template where you would list equipment and husbandry techniques etc. and I think we could come up with something similar that would be both interesting and educational.
Example

I'd like to see a lot of new growers!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Members in legal states could be getting new members. I know if I were in a legal state, I would have plenty of opportunities to mention the website.
There is still quite a large and growing market out there in growing cannabis. I think it's poised for a nice explosion.
And I'd like to see this site to be in a position to take advantage of that explosion.

How do you do that?

All members can contribute to this! It's called exposure and contacts. We all deal with various people and manufacturers to accomplish our purpose of growing cannabis. We all can talk to these contacts about this website. We can mention it in emails and any other correspondence.

All sorts of social media could be utilized in various ways,
In the comments on YouTube videos And any other social media platform that is not outlawed cannabis content. Exposure leads to contact which could lead to open doors.

I believe contacts are absolute key. And most definitely key when the funds are limited!:eyebrows::funny:
And you never know where that key contact may come from, but you have to be actively searching for it And recognize it when it presents itself.

I don't have any real contacts, but I haven't been growing cannabis very long. We have some long time growing members here! You have made contacts guys! Maybe a little exploration of those contacts is in order. If if I had the same level of contact I had in the automotive performance industry, I think we could get some things done! At least probably have fun doing it !:headbang::headbang::headbang:

All I'm saying is release the "Inner Hustler"! :cools::eyebrows::eyebrows:

There is one thing that I have seen and heard from people that I've discussed things with is there is still quite the stigma from early auto flower genetics.
" We're geared for photos."
"Most of our customers grow photos."
We know that's slowly changing and is quite evident by how many auto strains breeders produce man the amount that are at seed companies.

While I hope it really doesn't occur, there may be a time when a name change is warranted. If the opportunity would ever arise where it could be extremely beneficial, it should be considered. I do think a three letter abbreviated designation is a winner. AFN/AFO could become CFN. CannabisFlowerNetwork. .................... Or whatever name wouldn't screw up with the search algorithm.

I would much rather we overcome the stigma! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::woohoo:

Maybe this post will give other members some ideas. I thought I would throw it out there.

I'd like to see a lot of new growers!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Members in legal states could be getting new members. I know if I were in a legal state, I would have plenty of opportunities to mention the website.
There is still quite a large and growing market out there in growing cannabis. I think it's poised for a nice explosion.
And I'd like to see this site to be in a position to take advantage of that explosion.

How do you do that?

All members can contribute to this! It's called exposure and contacts. We all deal with various people and manufacturers to accomplish our purpose of growing cannabis. We all can talk to these contacts about this website. We can mention it in emails and any other correspondence.

All sorts of social media could be utilized in various ways,
In the comments on YouTube videos And any other social media platform that is not outlawed cannabis content. Exposure leads to contact which could lead to open doors.

I believe contacts are absolute key. And most definitely key when the funds are limited!:eyebrows::funny:
And you never know where that key contact may come from, but you have to be actively searching for it And recognize it when it presents itself.

I don't have any real contacts, but I haven't been growing cannabis very long. We have some long time growing members here! You have made contacts guys! Maybe a little exploration of those contacts is in order. If if I had the same level of contact I had in the automotive performance industry, I think we could get some things done! At least probably have fun doing it !:headbang::headbang::headbang:

All I'm saying is release the "Inner Hustler"! :cools::eyebrows::eyebrows:

There is one thing that I have seen and heard from people that I've discussed things with is there is still quite the stigma from early auto flower genetics.
" We're geared for photos."
"Most of our customers grow photos."
We know that's slowly changing and is quite evident by how many auto strains breeders produce man the amount that are at seed companies.

While I hope it really doesn't occur, there may be a time when a name change is warranted. If the opportunity would ever arise where it could be extremely beneficial, it should be considered. I do think a three letter abbreviated designation is a winner. AFN/AFO could become CFN. CannabisFlowerNetwork. .................... Or whatever name wouldn't screw up with the search algorithm.

I would much rather we overcome the stigma! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::woohoo:

Maybe this post will give other members some ideas. I thought I would throw it out there.
I know there’s been a lot of Q&A at the local smoke shop, if I had AFN business cards or hangable fliers I would post them up in there. A lot of the old growers won’t share knowledge. I attribute this to having to keep quiet for so long

Everything here is build upon stealth as the laws aren't what they are over the border, so I cannot advertise this forum, but if I knew people who grow I'd point them here in a heartbeat!
I would say some grow 'n show's for the cultivators. I'm currently to busy with my project, but I know I've benefitted in the past from them. :thumbsup:

I know there’s been a lot of Q&A at the local smoke shop, if I had AFN business cards or hangable fliers I would post them up in there. A lot of the old growers won’t share knowledge. I attribute this to having to keep quiet for so long
I definitely understand the aversion to the release of information.

Maybe if this is at the forefront of more members, we can increase our numbers

Everything here is build upon stealth as the laws aren't what they are over the border, so I cannot advertise this forum, but if I knew people who grow I'd point them here in a heartbeat!
I would say some grow 'n show's for the cultivators. I'm currently to busy with my project, but I know I've benefitted in the past from them. :thumbsup:
And that one aspect will hopefully be eliminated soon!

And that one aspect will hopefully be eliminated soon!
Everyone I talk to about growing is directed to this site. I’ve brought people here, one didn’t work out… the other one wants to improve his grow game before posting again. I know a few I’ve directed here have been lurking and culling info but haven’t joined as a member. Maybe I’ll contact my friend who runs a local web news site… get him to design a flyer to hang!

Back