What Nutrients Do YOU Use?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hello everyone,

I’ve had a thing for using Advanced Nutrients for my grows. I will maybe stick to it for my next grow. But, these nutrients are pretty expensive. Not to mention I don’t like how much nitrogen is in the bloom feed on part A during mid flower.

Anyways, list your nutrients you used, why you use them, how effective they are, and how much they cost you.

My lineup:
  1. advanced nutrients coco bloom part A and B
  2. Advanced nutrients big bud coco
  3. Advanced nutrients overdrive

Really interested in what people have to say here!
I’m new to growing and have only used the FF trio of liquid nutrients.

MC (1 part) v3
I use it because it is (mostly) balanced, economical, easy to use
I use a PK booster sometimes
I am experimenting with adding sugars (Bid Candy) in last 2 weeks of flower

I would also add I am a DWC grower.

Medina Hasta Gro Plant food
Right on! I use this in my butterfly/hummingbird garden along with their version of Garrett Juice (which I use as a pH adjuster for my canna soil watering - 5 ml/G gets me a rock solid 6.5).

Last edited:
Right on! I use this in my butterfly/hummingbird garden along with their version of Garrett Juice (which I use as a pH adjuster for my cann soil watering - 5 ml/G gets me a rock solid 6.5).

I will have to check out the Garret Juice. Seen at the local nursery but haven't really looked what it is.

I will have to check out the Garret Juice. Seen at the local nursery but haven't really looked what it is.
Good stuff. Humates, apple cider vinegar, hydrolyzed fish, blackstrap molasses, kelp, bacs and fungii. Only thing that may cause concern is the fish (excess N - mites) but it's only 1.5-2.2 -1.5 and at 5 ml/G its not enough to be concerned about IMHO.

Thanks for the product tip @mwilliams2006

I looked it up and will be getting me some Medina Garrett Juice this afternoon. It was first made by the Dr Doctor and seems he approved Medina to make it.

I was using the Hasta gro plant food as a foliar. It has directions for that. However this Garrett Juice sounds like a much better foliar so thar what I intend to start using it for.

It was first made by the Dr Doctor

Yes Howard Garrett (Dirt Doctor) is the man. He got me started on organic gardening years ago listening to his radio show. That was the first time I heard "feed the soil, not the plants." I have used it as a foliar on non-canna plants but would think it would make a fine foliar spray on canna as well.

OP - sorry for the hijack - back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Back