What should I grow in my 20gal

My 20gal is empty, what should I grow in it next?

• Mephisto Orange-utan

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Gnome Anvil

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Gnome Blackstrap

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Magic Night Blood

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Autoseeds Acapulco Gold

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Mephisto CDLC

• Other (see attached pics for full list)

• Total voters
No thank you lol I've got no patience for photos. Though the thought did briefly cross my mind lmao.
I poked my nose in the thread because of the "20 gallon" res. I have a Superponics 12XL which holds 28 gallons of nutes so I'll be tagging along to see how things go in your 20 gallon tote.

One reason why I have switched to photos is because, in my setup, autos were taking 110 - 115 days. I did five auto grows and that was the pattern. The seeds were different strains bought from different growers. I believe that the reason why they took that long is because the res is so large that the roots are never constrained (the res is 39" x 24" x 14") so the plants just keep growing and growing.

THat's just a dumb growers theory based on my limited experience so take it for what it's worth but you might find that you're waiting for quite some time to get to chop.

I poked my nose in the thread because of the "20 gallon" res. I have a Superponics 12XL which holds 28 gallons of nutes so I'll be tagging along to see how things go in your 20 gallon tote.

One reason why I have switched to photos is because, in my setup, autos were taking 110 - 115 days. I did five auto grows and that was the pattern. The seeds were different strains bought from different growers. I believe that the reason why they took that long is because the res is so large that the roots are never constrained (the res is 39" x 24" x 14") so the plants just keep growing and growing.

THat's just a dumb growers theory based on my limited experience so take it for what it's worth but you might find that you're waiting for quite some time to get to chop.
It's actually 20 gallons of soil, not hydro 😉 I have some health issues that can keep me from my plants for days at a time sometimes so hydro isn't a great option for me.
20230315_195420.jpg

It's actually 20 gallons of soil, not hydro 😉 I have some health issues that can keep me from my plants for days at a time sometimes so hydro isn't a great option for me.
View attachment 1574100
Eeewe dirt! ;-)

Not knocking soil at all. I do seem to recall I've seen quite a few plants in soil…they're everywhere!

Re. health issues and DWC - sorry to hear about that. Soil is definitely much easier to deal with when it comes to moving/lifting. I don't even think about moving my res when unless it's empty.

Eeewe dirt! ;-)

Not knocking soil at all. I do seem to recall I've seen quite a few plants in soil…they're everywhere!

Re. health issues and DWC - sorry to hear about that. Soil is definitely much easier to deal with when it comes to moving/lifting. I don't even think about moving my res when unless it's empty.
Oh my pots are definitely not liftable, but I can leave them unattended for two weeks and come back to the plants happier than the last time I looked at them lmfao

Back