When to repot

Reaction score
Howdy everyone have a AK420 seedling it is 11 days old when to repot please
20210716_194034.jpg

I've read from some pretty reputable growers on here and experienced for myself, that once 2nd or 3rd set of leaves reach the perimeter of the pot/cup, the roots should match and is ready for transplant. You could give it another 4-5 days probably. I have transplanted most successfully between 15-25 days.

I've read from some pretty reputable growers on here and experienced for myself, that once 2nd or 3rd set of leaves reach the perimeter of the pot/cup, the roots should match and is ready for transplant. You could give it another 4-5 days probably. I have transplanted most successfully between 15-25 days.

Yeah it has the first 3 sets and growing another

You're just inside the zone. I'd give it at least a few more days though.

Fair play nice one :smoking:
Soon, no more than a few days. IMO, you want to get her feet in the new pot before that tap root starts circling the bottom of the cup looking for more depth, and that little girl already has a longer tap root than you might think. You may be able to see it already in the bottom of that clear cup, in which case I would get the deed done.

Whenever you do it, you may find it difficult to get the medium into its new home intact. The roots are not well enough established to hold the soil together, so it tends to break up when you try to move it to the new pot. The way I have come to handling this is to use a so called insta transplant pot made out of yogurt containers which are a nice size, or plastic pots about the same size. I cut the bottom off the inner pot and split it on two sides, and cut the bottom off an identical container, leaving higher sides so that the outer bottom seats up over the inner one. The sides can be held in place with a bit of tape near the top, the bottom doesn't really need anything as long as you support it if you lift the pot.

Transplanting is then dead easy and next to zero stress for the plant. You just make a fitted hole in the final pot by gently packing medium around an identical container to the one your plant is in, carefully remove the bottom, insert the plant in its upper pot still in place into the fitted hole, remove any tape holding the sides together, and lift the pot sides out of the medium, leaving the happy cannabis plant in its new hole with zero root damage.

You may be able to accomplish the same process by cutting the bottom off your pot carefully with a knife or scissors, and splitting the side twice so you can pull in two pieces up out of the medium after placing your plant. However, getting this done at this stage might be just as risky as the conventional transplant.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Done the repot today was a kinda bit worried in the smaller cup so here she is happy out
20210717_130826.jpg

Back