When will they start to stretch??

So now what I'm worried about is that my other grows have had to many small lower buds. I need help on what to cut and what to save? I've heard take everything below the 1/3 level. Let me know give your thoughts.

So now what I'm worried about is that my other grows have had to many small lower buds. I need help on what to cut and what to save? I've heard take everything below the 1/3 level. Let me know give your thoughts.
Lower third seems to be standard practice. I’m still pretty new but I try different stuff on every grow but I always top and I’ve found that if you constantly adjust your tie downs and keep each main flat until the buds start stacking closer, then you’re giving that lower growth tons of light air and room to go straight up. If you’re going that route I’d definitely recommend not cutting anything until way later when you can hit some obvious small stuff. But if you’re a little cramped for space and looking to do little to none training you’d be better off trimming it mostly due to airflow and mold prevention later. However you’re still removing using useable bud when you trim no matter how you look at it. So if you press or bake (I bake and am getting a press) then you may look at potential larf differently.
The link in my signature has some pics of tying them flat and progress of the lower growth.

Rule of thumb for an experieced grower is everything under 4 nodes from the top, but Ive seen really nice grows that ignore that completely

Day 40 they are still stretching what do you think?
20230902_073152.jpg
20230902_073147.jpg
20230902_073142.jpg

Looking great! Looking stretchy! Did you happen to measure the height before to compare?
After I did the first LST they are between 10 to 14" taller. But it seems like they are still stretching some. This is the first time I've used Gaia Green nutes the first 2 grows were Fox Farm Trio with Cal mag and sledgehammer. Seems my other grows for bigger. I hope these buds fill out!!!

Back