Mephisto Genetics White Crack and Kis Organics Soil

Good deal.
Well so far so good! I see new growth and she is nice and perky! I only have 1 cob on her. Which is plenty in that small tent for now. I will most likely be moving her to a 4x8 in about 10 days, when I transplant the other ones. I like the space she is in perfect size for 1 plant in a junior in that space! Unless you were growing a larger Strain. But I have 2 new seedlings that will also go in Earthboxes in about 10 days. Maybe 9, but I'm in no hurry to transplant them. I would like a larger root system next time before I transplant, to avoid crumbling on the top when I transplant them. Starter Mix wasn't packed as tight as I pack my Coco in cups. Little trial and error with nee mix. Didn't want to pack it down too hard, first time using it. Incase it was too wet or not enough oxygen. But now I know what to expect.

@MrOldBoy , I put it on the opposite side of the feeding tube and will train to grow towards the open area/feeding tube. I am not the type to go crazy with training her this early. However, I will manipulate her earlier than normal. Let her dig in her roots in a little before going hog wild. White Crack grows like a Bush usually. I have done plenty and there are a couple of phenos. 1 is slightly taller and one is shorter and bushier. Typically both flower decently fast and become extremely frost covered. When I decided to try Kis Organics soil and Earthboxes, my very first thought was White Crack. If I can grow her out well in Soil, the end product should be fantastic. I am hoping the yield is comparable, but I will take quality over quantity for this girl. Peacez slowandeasy

@MrOldBoy , using your advice and I watered the White Crack again. She looks really good and no signs of overwatering. So it was about 32 hours from Watering to overflow the first time. I water with 9oz cups. She took 4 of them. So 36 is or so. I just saw minimal amount of overflow. I will wait another 32 hours and water again. If she uses more than 4 of the 9oz cups, then I will step up the watering to every 24 hours. That would be a sign that she is using the water I feed her and then some. If not I will remain at 32 hours until she wants more. I REALLY hope this plant yields 3 to 5oz. I know that it has only been a few days since I transplanted, but man it's really nice to just have to add water to the feeding tube! I already like what I see and not making nutes is very nice! I see obvious new growth and she is clearly not overwatered. I was afraid that it would be too wet, but it isn't looking too wet at all. My little experiment will tell us tomorrow morning. Peacez slowandeasy

Moisture level inside the EarthBox will remain in the 100-110 millibar range for entire grow, just keep tank full - no worries about over or under watering that is the beauty of the EarthBox .....

water usage will drop now that soil has reached ideal level - until plant starts using water then watch out as you saw from my water usage, Sam was drinking like a fish, she ran thru over a gallon daily ... some days well over 1.5 gallons - it was amazing how much she drank when in full flower ....

Got 90ish grams from my fabric pot grow and this was a seven gallon pot with only 5ish gallons of soil .... In EarthBox you have about 7-8 gallons of soil so you should easily get 5 zips .... also note how heaped up Sam’s Box was ..... Sam was 12 zips plus ....

inside my 2x4 tent was Sam and Gold Glue shown in pics attached - these two plants used the water shown on the Left Side of Water Chart posted earlier, unreal usage .....

hang tight as the fun will start in couple weeks once she gets fully rooted and has some leaves

Attachments

• 5E6F4893-A605-4C46-8C19-4B34DBBE949E.jpeg
    5E6F4893-A605-4C46-8C19-4B34DBBE949E.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2AA9FDB4-2E28-4DFE-94C8-5A2A4E6744E1.jpeg
    2AA9FDB4-2E28-4DFE-94C8-5A2A4E6744E1.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 108
Moisture level inside the EarthBox will remain in the 100-110 millibar range for entire grow, just keep tank full - no worries about over or under watering that is the beauty of the EarthBox .....

water usage will drop now that soil has reached ideal level - until plant starts using water then watch out as you saw from my water usage, Sam was drinking like a fish, she ran thru over a gallon daily ... some days well over 1.5 gallons - it was amazing how much she drank when in full flower ....

Got 90ish grams from my fabric pot grow and this was a seven gallon pot with only 5ish gallons of soil .... In EarthBox you have about 7-8 gallons of soil so you should easily get 5 zips .... also note how heaped up Sam’s Box was ..... Sam was 12 zips plus ....

inside my 2x4 tent was Sam and Gold Glue shown in pics attached - these two plants used the water shown on the Left Side of Water Chart posted earlier, unreal usage .....

hang tight as the fun will start in couple weeks once she gets fully rooted and has some leaves
I doesn't seem like 7-8 gal fit in there yet. I will stuff as she grows. Top dress and or more soil. I will be happy with 3 zips but would like 5! She is doing fine. I will water to overflow tomorrow night. 32 hours for 5 more days then every 24 hrs. So far so good! Peacez slowandeasy

Cubic foot of soil is 7.48 gallons ..... Junior boxes are rated at cubic foot - if you get mounded over like I did with Sam you will have over 8 gallons of media, easily ....

Top dress with worm castings in few weeks .... then again in a few more weeks .... add 1/2 cup kashi after 5th week or so - add kashi towards watering hole not near plant ..... add EM1 and/or mammoth P with waterings if desired

Cubic foot of soil is 7.48 gallons ..... Junior boxes are rated at cubic foot - if you get mounded over like I did with Sam you will have over 8 gallons of media, easily ....

Top dress with worm castings in few weeks .... then again in a few more weeks .... add 1/2 cup kashi after 5th week or so - add kashi towards watering hole not near plant ..... add EM1 and/or mammoth P with waterings if desired
Do you know you can make your EM-1 replenish itself? 12 tablespoons of EM-1 and 12 Tablespoons of Molasses per gal of water. Let sit a week. Now you have another gal of EM-1. Saw a video. Peace, slow

Ok dokey, day 12 from seed. She seems to be liking the new Earthbox. I did water earlier to a minimal overflow. So tomorrow night I will do the same.zero signs of overwatering, so I think it is safe to say @MrOldBoy is right. I won't be watering more than a few drops out of the Overflow, but will do every 24-32 hours. I want her roots to stretch to the bottom, so it is not urgent to water heavy. Honestly, I was afraid of overwatering, because the size of the plant. But it is perfect looking, so I am not worried about it at all. Thanks for the help! @Mizzo81 are you still around?

Soil will only soak up what water it needs - impossible to over or under water ... Just keep eye on condensation on cover as that moisture is what drives the top dressings down - this will become more important in coming weeks than now as your baby has everything needed right in the soil ...... again our tent fans may prevent the condensation from forming .... if you look at Sam‘s Tent you see plenty of fans and she needed them, she was dense and moisture would form where leaves touched without the fans, I know I had those issues, even after trimming - the Flippin plant grew so fast and thick .....

suspect in the next two weeks growth will be notable even between tent visits, it was with Sam - The EarthBox always keep soil perfect moisture and plant responds with amazing growth, you’ll soon see!

Back