Worm castings and BioTabs line

snerval

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Ok I'm trying to get some answers here, not being lucky on other threads...

Do you think it's a good idea to use worm casting with the biotabs line for growing autos ?
Are they any restriction in using vermicompost, regarding different stages of growth ?

I plan to start a small home worm composting for my outdoor (vegetables) garden, hence my question.

Thanx !

That would work perfect. The way BioTabs works is to get as much bacterial/mycorrhiza activity as possible. If you are going to use worm castings use them maximum at 30% of the total mix. It's potent stuff chockfull with goodies and directly available nutrients...

Oh, and when your grow comes to an end you can slice the rootball up and feed it to the wormbin. That way the bacteria/myco returns home and get's reused...

@Bob's Auto's Thank you for the info !
Is it ok to make worm castings tea ? How frequently would you use it and at what dilution ?

@Bob's Auto's Thank you for the info !
Is it ok to make worm castings tea ? How frequently would you use it and at what dilution ?
Well that depends... I rarely have liquid in the bottom bin, so I pour a liter or two through the bin and let it drip in the lower bin. This gives me about 1L of already diluted worm juice. If you have a bought wormbin they usually come with a tap on the lowest parts. If you can collect pure juice I would dilute that by at least 1/10 or even 1/20 (1 being the part of pure juice). But always use dechlorinated water as you want all the bennies you can get :thumbsup:
Since my bin is activated I've been using it once per week. I divide the 1L between the four autopots and then turn the tap from the Autopot tank closed so the top feed doesn't interfere with the bottom watering and the plants can take up everything. If you use mycorrhiza it pays off to add some sort of carbohydrates like molasses to this liquid. You don't need much!! and I can't stress that enough. I use 2 drops, not even half a teaspoon in my 1L. This helps to nurture the myco you've just introduced via the juice. :thumbsup:

Well that depends... I rarely have liquid in the bottom bin, so I pour a liter or two through the bin and let it drip in the lower bin. This gives me about 1L of already diluted worm juice. If you have a bought wormbin they usually come with a tap on the lowest parts. If you can collect pure juice I would dilute that by at least 1/10 or even 1/20 (1 being the part of pure juice). But always use dechlorinated water as you want all the bennies you can get :thumbsup:
Since my bin is activated I've been using it once per week. I divide the 1L between the four autopots and then turn the tap from the Autopot tank closed so the top feed doesn't interfere with the bottom watering and the plants can take up everything. If you use mycorrhiza it pays off to add some sort of carbohydrates like molasses to this liquid. You don't need much!! and I can't stress that enough. I use 2 drops, not even half a teaspoon in my 1L. This helps to nurture the myco you've just introduced via the juice. :thumbsup:

Thanks again ! I love this site because people like you, experimented and willing to share the knowledge !
Right now i'm trying to locate a very small bin, fit for one person kitchen scratches... or I may build one myself !
Also, as I plan to start my next grow soon, I may buy some pre-made worm castings and dilute it.
Have a great day !

Absolutely! Use it up.mix it throughout ,top coat ,the juice.It is all useful but id use it a little heavier for me and having used the tabs and still do actually.but use a host of other things with it. mixing n matching for ease or growing. Id scratch the top of the soil with a fork not ripping no larger roots, and mix with as little soil and maybe a fistful if room mixed with the casting. casting alone will potentially dry to a crust on the top of your pot making it a little weird to make sure ya get a complete watering. so mix with a punch if soil or three depending just 6 or 8 to 1.castings to soil used just so it doesnt crust as bad. maybe a tick more.

Hey Buddy,

Didn't know where else to put it so thought...BioTabs and Wormbin..Let's put it here :cheers:

This weekend I harvested 60L of the black gold. My wormbin had become a real worm tower, with three Curver like boxes full of worms and their castings.
One box was full with reconstituted soil from my indoor Dutch Passion grow, one box was a mix of the before mentioned soil & worm castings and the third box was all castings from raw kitchen scraps, cardboard and wood chips from my hamster cage.
The kids were delighted to help daddy catch all the worms from a pile of soil in the garden, lol!!
1659985603597_small.jpg

After removing every worm we could find, and there are much more still in there, I mixed the pile so the reconstituted soil and the casings were mixed half and half. Then we transferred it to a 60L plastic bin, which overflowed and so the remainder got piled up on a couple of potted plants in the garden. :shrug:
I know that this mix is way to hot for an auto, but I plan to mix in 60L of fresh coco and divide the new pile into two of those 60L trash bins and let the worms do their thing over the coming months.
1659985603593_small.jpg

Tried to show how granulated the soil is, but it was getting late and that's why the blur in the top right. :gassy:

I'm also going to do this to the soil from within the greenhouse when that season is over. Creating a new pile with the soil from the trash bins and the recovered soil from the greenhouse. Mixing this and...you've guessed it...dividing it over several more trash bins to let the worms do their thing over the winter. :thumbsup:
1659985603589_small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

T
Hey Buddy,

Didn't know where else to put it so thought...BioTabs and Wormbin..Let's put it here :cheers:

This weekend I harvested 60L of the black gold. My wormbin had become a real worm tower, with three Curver like boxes full of worms and their castings.
One box was full with reconstituted soil from my indoor Dutch Passion grow, one box was a mix of the before mentioned soil & worm castings and the third box was all castings from raw kitchen scraps, cardboard and wood chips from my hamster cage.
The kids were delighted to help daddy catch all the worms from a pile of soil in the garden, lol!!
View attachment 1498567

After removing every worm we could find, and there are much more still in there, I mixed the pile so the reconstituted soil and the casings were mixed half and half. Then we transferred it to a 60L plastic bin, which overflowed and so the remainder got piled up on a couple of potted plants in the garden. :shrug:
I know that this mix is way to hot for an auto, but I plan to mix in 60L of fresh coco and divide the new pile into two of those 60L trash bins and let the worms do their thing over the coming months.
View attachment 1498568

Tried to show how granulated the soil is, but it was getting late and that's why the blur in the top right. :gassy:

I'm also going to do this to the soil from within the greenhouse when that season is over. Creating a new pile with the soil from the trash bins and the recovered soil from the greenhouse. Mixing this and...you've guessed it...dividing it over several more trash bins to let the worms do their thing over the winter. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1498569

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Thank you for detailed informations - due to health issue some of my plans have been delayed, but I definitely want to learn more about esenia fetida (spell. ?) and their wonderful byproduct.

T

Thank you for detailed informations - due to health issue some of my plans have been delayed, but I definitely want to learn more about esenia fetida (spell. ?) and their wonderful byproduct.
You're welcome buddy. Hope you will regain your health very soon :toke:
Yeah, worms are amazing and I guess the basis for a healthy soil life.

Back