Yellow leaf tips on new growth

Cannaficionado

Novice
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: Yellow leaf tips on new growtg

Medium/grow method: FFHF and OF blend

Feed: and supplements used: No feeding done

water source: natural spring water from local fresh water spring. Ph to 6.3-6.35. Watering when pot reaches about 40-50% of its saturated weight

Strain/age: Mimosa x Orange punch photo 34 days old

light used: 400W full spectrum LED quantum board

Climate: Days 72-75°f, 53%-62%rh, nights 68-72°f 58-65% rh

Additional info: The only thing I changed in the tent was the light. Raised the output to 60% to reach 40dli on the 18/6 cycle. Pictures below are various new growth chutes with yellowing tips
20231202_230921.jpg
20231202_230913.jpg
20231202_230808.jpg

Problem: Yellow leaf tips on new growtg

Medium/grow method: FFHF and OF blend

Feed: and supplements used: No feeding done

water source: natural spring water from local fresh water spring. Ph to 6.3-6.35. Watering when pot reaches about 40-50% of its saturated weight

Strain/age: Mimosa x Orange punch photo 34 days old

light used: 400W full spectrum LED quantum board

Climate: Days 72-75°f, 53%-62%rh, nights 68-72°f 58-65% rh

Additional info: The only thing I changed in the tent was the light. Raised the output to 60% to reach 40dli on the 18/6 cycle. Pictures below are various new growth chutes with yellowing tipsView attachment 1650753View attachment 1650754View attachment 1650755
as its mainly yellowed on the new high leaf tips, I think that your light may be too close or the volume is too high....

as its mainly yellowed on the new high leaf tips, I think that your light may be too close or the volume is too high....
I turned it down about 2 days ago after it started getting worse, Im trying to stick close to reccomended dli for photoperiod plants. Im starting week 5 now and light intensity is almost half of what its suppose to be according to the chart below. It does say 16-20 hours of light for veg. Im smack dab in the middle at 18. Maybe calibrating my photone app to my lights par map was a bad idea and its reading low......
Screenshot_20231122_121201_Chrome.jpg

Obviously the yellowing isnt that bad, and Im not to concerned about the plamts overall health I just havent ran into this issue yet.

I turned it down about 2 days ago after it started getting worse, Im trying to stick close to reccomended dli for photoperiod plants. Im starting week 5 now and light intensity is almost half of what its suppose to be according to the chart below. It does say 16-20 hours of light for veg. Im smack dab in the middle at 18. Maybe calibrating my photone app to my lights par map was a bad idea and its reading low......View attachment 1650829

Obviously the yellowing isnt that bad, and Im not to concerned about the plamts overall health I just havent ran into this issue yet.
I also use an app on my phone, more as a basic "equal spread" guide than an absolute measurement,

Light burn takes a week or so before you can see new leafs and note any difference in the colour of new growth. If you feel you are ok in the light distance and power, tyou might relax before you start to think about other possible culprits, its always "imho" a necessity to give the plants some time to show any changes before you jump into the next line of investigation.

i agree they look very healthy otherwise.

Back