Blast from the Past.

I made 90 qts of bulk substrate. 50% dry horse shit, 50% Vermiculite, and 5% by weight added Gypsum. I had to buy a little leaf mulcher to chop up the horse shit. It worked perfectly. Now my wife has a little one she can use on her own. The big one I have she cannot even start it :rofl:.

ScreenHunter_303 Oct. 12 14.14.jpg

The feed opening is kinda small but the horse turds just fit!

_DSC3304.JPG

They literally grow everywhere on Vancouver Island and have proven to be a nice addition to the medicine chest to keep me from goin crazy :headbang: Following this to learn something new :biggrin:
I used to make the yearly pilgrimage to BC's lower mainland in my youth during the late 70's to pick shrooms and one year had about 12 lbs dried. what a crazy year.
lol.
ya they grew in every field and pasture.

So I do not know and cannot seen to find how much water needs to go in my Mirro 12 Qt. canner in order to run it for 90 minutes at 15 PSI without going dry? I am doing a test run at the moment. I filled 1 inch up on the 7 Qt. jars.

The internet sez 2-3 inches or 8cm of hot water, seal & heat till it steams then start timing according to "how to use a mirro pressure canner"

yeah i dont have that model but i always just eyeball 1.5 to 2 inches or so and have never run out of water

I just finished the test run and need to wait for the PC to cool. There is no better teacher than just do it :woohoo1:

Ok so it did not go dry but I think 1.5 inches for 7Qts. I got the holes drilled in the automated mono-tub and some other misc. stuff done.

Seed Is soaking WBS Tek. Continued in the morning............................

you have inspired my to start a new batch of grain this morning, i made up some P. Cube Ecuador syringes with some prints i made awhile back for the new grains,, I need to get some agar and start cleaning up my genetics

WBS Tek is in the pressure cooker. I am following Willy Myco's recipie 10 cups Bird seed (after washed and sunflower seeds removed) 2 tbsp. of Gypsum and 3 cups of coffee.

_DSC3308.JPG
_DSC3309.JPG
_DSC3310.JPG
_DSC3311.JPG
_DSC3312.JPG

Back