Grove bags vs Mason jars

I used jars for many years. Usualy worked great, but I have had a couple of infected jars.

Last year I tried Grove Bags for the first time and I won't turn back. No burping, a good cure, and long term storage. As cheap as a moisture pack but doesn't dry out or bloat like Boveda can.

Thee are lots of opinions but to me the humidity packs affect the smell and flavor, long term. So far my Grove stashes have stayed fresh and terpy.

Sometimes they will send a sample, but the 1oz bags are only a couple bucks. Why not use your usual jars, try a grove bag, and compare for yourself?

I should mention that I still use a big 67gr 58% boveda to stabilize the environment inside the larger box that contains the bags.
Where do you get the grove bags? They are cheap until shipping comes it's $20. And can you reuse them? If I can reuse them I could see the shipping being worth it.

Appreciate it! I think I'll stick to Mason jars since I am familiar with them. Plus grove bags are $20 shipping which is absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah they’re pricey but I bought 12 1/4 pound bags a couple years ago and I’m still using them. In my opinion the velvet touch bags have the best seal. Seems to me storage is a “if it works don’t fix it” thing so like you, I’ll probably be a bag guy since I’m familiar with them. However I’m currently trying storing an ounce in a large bale wire jar (clamp lid) in my chest freezer. If it works well I might put all my weed in there because why pay electricity on a wine fridge AND the chest freezer if I don’t need to so I’m leaving the ounce alone for 30 days and check it out.

Where do you get the grove bags? They are cheap until shipping comes it's $20. And can you reuse them? If I can reuse them I could see the shipping being worth it.
Yes, reuse them. I first got them at my local hydro store. Recently I ordered a different size from their online store.

Think about it this way

For every ounce
Mason Jar around 2 bucks
BOVEDA another 2 bucks
Cheap hygrometer another 3 bucks. Good one 20 bucks
So rouphly 7+ bucks plus additional replacement bovedas

For easy math 10 ounces 70 bucks

10× 1 ounce Grove bags 20 bucks
Shipping (you said 20 bucks)

10 ounces 40 bucks and no bovedas to replace

They are opaque, don't break, are light and easy to store....hey they should hire me.

I just got a few half-ounce GLASSLESS version so I can split ounces when I open them. They are clear but sturdy and they have a 5 track zipper so they'll stand up to daily use

I am sticky about keeping the plants separate, so for me the quarter pound bags are too big. Ounces are just right.

It's also nice to have some 1/4 and 1/8 bags for weed you get elsewhere, and for gifts to friends and family

Used jars for years, got cases of them, they have been in boxes in the basement since I tried grove bags last year. Try em if you can afford em. Way better than jars in every aspect.

I just got a few half-ounce GLASSLESS version so I can split ounces when I open them. They are clear but sturdy and they have a 5 track zipper so they'll stand up to daily use

I am sticky about keeping the plants separate, so for me the quarter pound bags are too big. Ounces are just right.

It's also nice to have some 1/4 and 1/8 bags for weed you get elsewhere, and for gifts to friends and family
I'm the same way I put each strain in separate jars and label them then my wife has a little stash jar we fill up when needed. I think I am going to attempt the 1oz bags see how they work for me.

I used jars for years and started using the bags a couple of years back also the jars take more space and the bags don't need boveda s plus I dry in brown paper bags so once them bags contents are around 60 rh I just pop them in the grovebags I also don't heat seal as I use them like jars for taking some out here and there you just have to be very gentle on the seals

I keep my weed separate as well. I tried the ounce bags but found the seal was not as trustworthy as the velvet touch 1/4 bags. My buds got crispy after a couple months in the regular seal small bags whereas buds in the 1/4 bags are super fresh after a year. I would suggest at least one velvet touch bag to compare any differences after a few months.
Grove suggests you heat seal the smaller bags which says a lot.

I used jars for years and started using the bags a couple of years back also the jars take more space and the bags don't need boveda s plus I dry in brown paper bags so once them bags contents are around 60 rh I just pop them in the grovebags I also don't heat seal as I use them like jars for taking some out here and there you just have to be very gentle on the seals
That sounds like show I would like to be able to do it. Easy peazy and storage is a concern for me I live in an RV and a tiny house so not much space to store anything 🤣

I keep my weed separate as well. I tried the ounce bags but found the seal was not as trustworthy as the velvet touch 1/4 bags. My buds got crispy after a couple months in the regular seal small bags whereas buds in the 1/4 bags are super fresh after a year. I would suggest at least one velvet touch bag to compare any differences after a few months.
Grove suggests you heat seal the smaller bags which says a lot.
What are velvet touch bags? I only see terploc I think it was called.

Back