NORBY has a go at MYCOLOGY

Lookin nice and clean! :headbang:

oie_angermanagement.gif

Need to go and do some reading up to get prepared for the fruiting stage​

Now the mycelium has started to rapidly grow I'm freaking out that im gona mess things up so want to try get things right​

Any of my fellow Myco heads have any advise for me moving forward and the best way to proceed with this,, would be greatly appreciated​

You've got plenty of time if you need it. The mycelium will continue to pack in there for a while if you let it. More mycelium the better since it can fight certain contaminations on its own as long as it's dominate. This looks ready to move to the next step to me. You're probably about 2-3 weeks from some harvesting. Drop temp slightly once you start to see little pins pop up. They don't need much light at all. Rubber bands at the fill line on the bag to keep mushrooms from growing along the sides of the bottom and dying in there. Once they start to grow they grow fast and you got a plan to dry them?

You've got plenty of time if you need it. The mycelium will continue to pack in there for a while if you let it. More mycelium the better since it can fight certain contaminations on its own as long as it's dominate. This looks ready to move to the next step to me. You're probably about 2-3 weeks from some harvesting. Drop temp slightly once you start to see little pins pop up. They don't need much light at all. Rubber bands at the fill line on the bag to keep mushrooms from growing along the sides of the bottom and dying in there. Once they start to grow they grow fast and you got a plan to dry them?
Thanks mate, I'm gona get some alcohol wipes and gloves and stuff ready for the next stage.
Will have to upgrade the Monotub a little too with some more holes,

Would you recommend medical micropose tape to cover the holes or should I use micropose filter paper instead,
I think I'm gona fruit in the bag rather than pour it into the tub to keep it more Sterile, the bag fits perfect into the bottom of the tub. Reason I choose a tall storage tub was because it could fit in the Den and to fit a bag neatly in there without having to open & pour it in.

Just back from the chemist and they don't sell any alcohol wipes and had alcohol free ones,
I then spotted the surgical spirit and decided to get that instead of alcohol wipes,
Got micropose tape
And some rubber gloves

Will the surgical spirit be OK to use instead of alcohol
During inoculation I used 6% hydrogen peroxide for sterilizeing my work area.
Was hoping for alcohol cleaning stuff but metholated spirt was the next best thing I could think to get

Just back from the chemist and they don't sell any alcohol wipes and had alcohol free ones,
I then spotted the surgical spirit and decided to get that instead of alcohol wipes,
Got micropose tape
And some rubber gloves

Will the surgical spirit be OK to use instead of alcohol
During inoculation I used 6% hydrogen peroxide for sterilizeing my work area.
Was hoping for alcohol cleaning stuff but metholated spirt was the next best thing I could think to get
surg spirt is acholole :thumbsup:

Back