I wanted to as well because I love genetics and these plants. But the reality is unless you have a specific plan (i.e. what do you want out of a cultivar line, or series of lines), ton of space, and captial to invest, it seems like a competitive market and as @Bob's Auto's pointed out the breeding part is a lot more than crossing two amazing plants.

I notice you mention the BPP line a lot. What do you love so much about it? Is it color, potency or structure it could add to crosses? From there make a plan on what cultivars would be best to bring out those traits with. Then the work begins. Best of luck on your breeding ventures growmie 🙌
The Bpp line has lots of color and structure is great.....
Screenshot_20230518_170607_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230518_170530_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230518_170554_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230518_170601_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230518_170538_Chrome.jpg

I wanted to as well because I love genetics and these plants. But the reality is unless you have a specific plan (i.e. what do you want out of a cultivar line, or series of lines), ton of space, and captial to invest, it seems like a competitive market and as @Bob's Auto's pointed out the breeding part is a lot more than crossing two amazing plants.

I notice you mention the BPP line a lot. What do you love so much about it? Is it color, potency or structure it could add to crosses? From there make a plan on what cultivars would be best to bring out those traits with. Then the work begins. Best of luck on your breeding ventures growmie 🙌
Also the Sweet seeds Devils cream and Brother mendels Dark Jedi....pollen.....both plants have great color....
Screenshot_20230518_171058_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230518_171024_Chrome.jpg

Also the Sweet seeds Devils cream and Brother mendels Dark Jedi....pollen.....both plants have great color....View attachment 1594720View attachment 1594721
I’m familiar with all of those, a bunch of great cultivars. But that’s now 3x however many recipients per pollen donor and then working the lines. You’d need crazy space to isolate (ensure no cross-pollination) for breeding and then space for selecting and working the lines.

Then the biggest question…how do you use them to improve the lines over what those breeders have already done or might be doing with their established programs?

I’m familiar with all of those, a bunch of great cultivars. But that’s now 3x however many recipients per pollen donor and then working the lines. You’d need crazy space to isolate (ensure no cross-pollination) for breeding and then space for selecting and working the lines.

Then the biggest question…how do you use them to improve the lines over what those breeders have already done or might be doing with their established programs?
Idk....im learning...but ive been told to use good strains if they are worth it...ive watched authorized seed dealers on here take 2 diff strains from 2 diff companies and breed them....

I know theres more then chucking pollen...ill learn...if i plan on taking this forward ill go, but i got alot to learn...

Idk....im learning...but ive been told to use good strains if they are worth it...ive watched authorized seed dealers on here take 2 diff strains from 2 diff companies and breed them....
I know theres more then chucking pollen...ill learn...if i plan on taking this forward ill go, but i got alot to learn...
Totally dig your attitude of wanting to learn constantly growmie, and if you learn one new thing a day you’ll be a lot smarter at the end of each year 🙌 👍

And nothing wrong with taking strains from two different breeders and crossing them to make your own. Hell about 80% of my seed purchases are to make my own breeder stocks eventually. But all my purchases have purpose, like looking for some good blueberry candy or blueberry cake terps I’ve snatched up

Ethos - Booberry Cookies FEM
Humboldt Seed Co - Blueberry Cupcake FEM
Universally Creative - Orange an Berries FEM
Raw Genetics - Blueberry Pie FEM
PSM - Blueberry OG REG
Garden of Green - Blue Dream AUTO FEM
420 Fastbuds - Original Blueberry AUTO FEM

I’ve got a checklist of goals and things the selections MUST have, otherwise they’ll be culled from the program after harvest. I’m hoping I find one blueberry winner out of everything to work with but I only have one 5-10 seed packs of each, real pheno hunters would have 5+ 10 seed packs of each 🤷‍♂️ Keep learning man, much respect ✌️💚🪴

Last edited:
Totally dig your attitude of wanting to learn constantly growmie, and if you learn one new thing a day you’ll be a lot smarter at the end of each year 🙌 👍

And nothing wrong with taking strains from two different breeders and crossing them to make your own. Hell about 80% of my seed purchases are to make my own breeder stocks eventually. But all my purchases have purpose, like looking for some good blueberry candy or blueberry cake terps I’ve snatched up

Ethos - Booberry Cookies FEM
Humboldt Seed Co - Blueberry Cupcake FEM
Universally Creative - Orange an Berries FEM
Raw Genetics - Blueberry Pie FEM
PSM - Blueberry OG REG
Garden of Green - Blue Dream AUTO FEM
420 Fastbuds - Original Blueberry AUTO FEM

I’ve got a checklist of goals and things the selections MUST have, otherwise they’ll be culled from the program after harvest. I’m hoping I find one blueberry winner out of everything to work with but I only have one 5-10 seed packs of each, real pheno hunters would have 5+ 10 seed packs of each 🤷‍♂️ Keep learning man, much respect ✌️💚🪴
Thanks for sharing mate. Helping each other is a fundamental in my opinion and to see you explaining what you look for in genetics and the goals you strive and that highlights having a plan is step one ☝ as soon as we figure nature out a plan of action is set in place. I call my breeding method "SAWNEY CODE"
It has taken me 15 years to get to where I am with my breeding. Now I have a check list to follow and I never deviate . Breeding by numbers instead of paint by numbers lol

Thanks for sharing mate. Helping each other is a fundamental in my opinion and to see you explaining what you look for in genetics and the goals you strive and that highlights having a plan is step one ☝ as soon as we figure nature out a plan of action is set in place. I call my breeding method "SAWNEY CODE"
It has taken me 15 years to get to where I am with my breeding. Now I have a check list to follow and I never deviate . Breeding by numbers instead of paint by numbers lol
IMO this community is only where it is because of those who come here willing to share their knowledge. I admire your efforts to post and document everything with your growing and breeding, your crosses speak volumes to your dedication and the SAWNEY CODE 🙌

IMO this community is only where it is because of those who come here willing to share their knowledge. I admire your efforts to post and document everything with your growing and breeding, your crosses speak volumes to your dedication and the SAWNEY CODE 🙌
Thanks buddy I appreciate the recognition and if it wasn't for AFN I would not be able to share my adventure.

Testing the new f1 strain IRN SKY and f1 small LECTER
Full success on germination for both strains.
IRN SKY is my UK cheese x skywalker og.
I predict some nice larger taller plant's with colours from dark green to pinks and purples in the flower's. Terps will be interesting for sure. I'm looking for dank musk with a mix into floral note's
And small lecter is being tested for the ratio of small fast 8 week plant's for cross strains to add to my "dwarf" line.
20230521_093951.jpg
20230521_093945.jpg
20230521_093933.jpg
20230521_093938.jpg

Back