Indoor Testing the eazyplug pyramid mini.

Hey @Little-Leopard. your setup and treatment work out. That's really a nice one! Seems testing phase has ended for you. What's connected to that pc power supply? Fans? meters? Controllers?
What have you learned and what did you implement on them this time?
Really nice work on these !small! pyramids. You for sure feed more than once a day from week 3 on.
@kfigerm I completely forgot about this! so sorry about that.

So, the PC power supply does not do too much other than cool the LED rails in the tent as well as the LED driver.

I found that the 3 fans on the LED driver make a huge difference in temp. It may not be needed but I like cooling electronics that work overtime (I work in IT) I've found the fans on the LED rails move a lot of the heat off the rails, and therefore allow more heat to escape the tent when its hot/summer.

I'm currently running a new grow. Mimosa X Orange Punch! Will post on this thread below to keep it alive :)

IMG_3859.jpegIMG_7034.jpeg

Hallo my friends.
@The Iconoclast
@kfigerm
@Mañ'O'Green

So I decided to run another grow - to be honest I like creating the set up and watching the grow more than the actual end product lol. The journey is also satisfying. I took a little bit of a break as I was a victim of a crime a little while back - I was extremely lucky to survive so now I'm trying to get back to it as a sort of "therapy"

I'm now doing a run of Mimosa X Orange Punch - Barneys Farm.

I planted 15 seeds and chose the best 9. My auto system as you know runs 9 pyramids.
Something important that I noticed is that the eazyplug plugs that you start the seeds in often kill the seeds. I know what you're thinking...like what!?
Every once in a while the plug has a few coco thread fiber's right by the tiny hole. When the seeds starts to grow out it sometimes hooks and gets blocked. You then have to try and free the tiny curved stem by breaking away some of the coco threads. This time, I filled each pyramid with a little coco coir and planted the seed about 10mm in. The coco does not wash out because after a few days, it kinda sets like cement...so to speak.

IMG_3279.jpegIMG_3327.jpegIMG_3417.jpeg

Once the plants are a few days old I then fill up my rez and place the pyramids under the auto watering system:

IMG_3722.jpegIMG_3859.jpeg

Im currently using Terra Aquatica DualPart Coco in a 1:2 ratio. 1 part Grow, 2 parts Bloom. This worked extremely well in my previouse grow of Ethos Purple Thai. Something that really impressed me, well almost blew my socks off was the addition of Kelpak I added about 100ml into my 30 liter rez / I raise the 30 liter rez by 30ppm. I also add Amino Acid and about 2ml of wetting agent G49 I add 6ml of 50% strength H202 every 3rd day. this really keeps the rez nice and clean with zero effect on the plants. I use reverse osmosis water and add TA CalMag @ 20ml per 10 liter or 200ppm every single time I add water. I try my best to keep the CO2 above 800ppm.

IMG_3632.jpeg

I have sonoff controllers controlling everything. The pumps, temperature, humidity, rez temperature and pyramid moisture. The pyramid has a moisture sensor added to the pump controllers. On at 25% and off at around 35% - This is the difference in reading between a soaking wet and damp pyramid.

IMG_3998.jpeg Screenshot.jpeg

They are now 30 days old and doing well. My ppm is currently at 820ppm. This strain is surprisingly hungry. When i get home each day, the 30 liter rez is about 10 liters down and still at around 800ppm. I then add 10 liters of 800ppm of the mix stated above. If the number increases or decreases I adjust accordingly (I test water ppm before topping up rez)

Here is a quick vid:

I hope the provided details can help :)

Oh and one more thing... I have an "albino flower" I cant wait to see how it stands out in a sea of dark flowers:

IMG_3962.jpegIMG_3963.jpeg IMG_3967.jpeg IMG_3900(1).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3998.jpeg
    IMG_3998.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Been a while with the eazyplugs now, and what I've discovered over the long haul, is that for the first 4 weeks to make sure to only water from the sides and not to over water.

Here's a TasteBudz Orange Cookies, broad leave and when she went into flower I heavily defoliated and removed all the fan leaves as a bit of an experiment, she responded well. Also this is the latest I've ever topped at the 6th node.

Chopped the two lowest branches which normally would not even be there, even those look pretty good, this is about 5g dried eazy orange - 5.jpeg

Two new beans, another TasteBudz, this time Cherry Cheesecake, and an old bean a couple of years old freebie, Seedsman Amnesia, both looking good, as opposed to weird. You can see them in this photo eazy orange - 9.jpeg

I've moved back into a tent, with two hydros and I'll just keep one or two of the small plugs going. It all got a bit too much work doing so many.

eazy orange - 4.jpeg
eazy orange - 6.jpeg
eazy orange - 7.jpeg

Attachments

• eazy orange - 10.jpeg
    eazy orange - 10.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 13
  • eazy orange - 8.jpeg
    eazy orange - 8.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 13
  • eazy orange - 3.jpeg
    eazy orange - 3.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 14
  • eazy orange - 2.jpeg
    eazy orange - 2.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 14
  • eazy orange - 1.jpeg
    eazy orange - 1.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 15
Wait...I thought these were made for flood/drain setup, and impossible to over water.

I agree that anything can be watered too often, but I've been watering mine till runoff every time.

Wait...I thought these were made for flood/drain setup, and impossible to over water.

I agree that anything can be watered too often, but I've been watering mine till runoff every time.

There definitely is some puzzlement going on here. It has taken me a while to get this because it's subtle, and I don't really understand it fully yet, I'm still working on finer details like perhaps 5ml of H202 might prevent it. But for the moment the advice is to keep the mini pyramid under 500g in weight for the first few weeks at least. This is not every bean, and there are many variables because my few few plants indeed were often flooded.

Curiously the 10 inch pyramid which will grow a full sized plant does not exhibit this sensitivity.

I finally got around to doing a size by side test with a 10 inch pyramid and a full sized hydro with the same reliable bean. The results [edit] will follow soon.

Last edited:
Hydro vs 10" Pyramid.
In the Terp Treez Blue Nerdz auto I found a bean that was both consistent, reliable and one that I liked a lot, and is spectacular to look as as a bonus. So I was happy to grow a few. The 10" Pyramid produced 6 oz of incredibly crusty buds with an utterly unique texture, the Hydro produced a bit more at about 7.8 oz, buds appear darker and looser structure on the outside but very crusty, the buds are so dark they are almost black but chopping them up it goes almost white with all the trichomes. Both buds were different but equally good.

The 4 inch pyramid is different again, but still crusty, and they all have the same delicious berry/fruit taste with just a hint of diesel, a very pleasant smoke and it is sufficiently strong for my demanding brain cells.

The big pyramids create a very normal looking structure that you'd see in soil, neither of the two big ones were topped. I'll have to post the pictures in lots....

Attachments

• hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 1.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 1.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 12
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 2.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 2.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 3.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 3.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 4.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 4.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 5.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 5.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 6.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 6.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 14
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 7.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 7.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 8.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 8.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 15
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 9.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 9.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 17
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 10.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 10.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 11.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 11.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 17
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 12.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 12.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 13.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 13.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 14.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 14.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 15
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 15.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 15.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 17
It's a blue nerdz extravaganza make of it what you will.

Attachments

• hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 25.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 25.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 20
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 26.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 26.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 20
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 27.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 27.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 28.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 28.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 29.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 29.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 18
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 30.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 30.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 15
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 24.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 24.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 14
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 23.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 23.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 22.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 22.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 16.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 16.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 14
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 17.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 17.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 18.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 18.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 19.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 19.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 20.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 20.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 21.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 21.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 13
And we are done. The pyramid was ready a week sooner than the hydro which always seems to be the case.

I've moved out of the walk in wardrobe an moved everything into a 32 inch by 5 foot wide by 80 inches high which is a hard to get but perfect size. Just right for two hydros and a couple of strategic mini pyramids. I only changed the reservoir one time at 5 weeks with the blue nerdz, although I kept topping up the ppm.

Attachments

• hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 39.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 39.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 19
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 40.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 40.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 42.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 42.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 16
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 43.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 43.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 12
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 44.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 44.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 45.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 45.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 14
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 38.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 38.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 37.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 37.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 12
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 36.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 36.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 35.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 35.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 15
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 34.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 34.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 14
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 33.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 33.jpeg
    607.2 KB · Views: 13
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 32.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 32.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 19
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 31.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 31.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 17
  • hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 47.jpeg
    hydro-pyramid-bluenerdz - 47.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 18
Very nice! Didn't realise you were growing Terp Treez. Genetics look strong. Whats your opinion?

I'm just about to flip 3 Terp Treez Zoap photos. But have been impressed so far.

Qb

Back