1st grow in coco, help

Thanks @MIAutomatic, for the rep. Is there a good nute system that would work with coco in auto pots that you know of?

Thanks Olderfart.. I did some studying on coco for cannabis and they were using the general hydro nutes as well, but top feeding. What nutes do you use with your autopots..
I added a bit to the last missive.

I have moved to Jack's 321 for my upcoming grow. I will be using the whole series including the clone, bloom and finish stuff, but plants seem to do well on just the 321 mix on it's own. Jack's is a tossup with Megacrop 2 part, they are close to the same thing once mixed up, and @Mañ'O'Green has worked up a nice schedule for autos with Megacrop 2 part. Had I been able to source the Megacrop option more easily, I might have gone with it instead, but I could not, so Jack's won the day. Either of these will be as good as anything else, if managed appropriately.

There is nothing wrong with the GH nutes, at least not with the basic micro, grow, and bloom components, as well as their Armor Si product for silica. I know nothing about the other products you list.

Good luck with the grow. :goodluck: :pighug:

Sorry, I didn't notice that you were asking what nutes I now use in autopots. Answer is that I only use autopots for water only soil grows now. I will not likely be using salt nutes in autopots again. :biggrin: :pighug:

SIP means Sub-irrigated Pot. Autopots are one type of SIP, but there are plenty of others.

Thanks @MIAutomatic, for the rep. Is there a good nute system that would work with coco in auto pots that you know of?
Looks like @Olderfart just beat me to it, but yes, autopot is a type of SIP. It’s basically an automatic irrigation system that wicks water from the bottom. SIP systems don’t allow for runoff, so they can be hard to get dialed in if you are not used to them, and they just really don’t work well with coco.

Like Olderfart also suggested you need to ditch the autopot all together for this grow and run as drain to waste with 10-20% runoff. You will want to do an initial fertigation with more runoff, hard to say how much. You should fertigate until the PH is down to at least 6.2 and the EC is within 0.2 EC of your nutrient solution. A good EC target for your runoff would be between 1.0-1.2 if you fertigate with a feeding solution of 1.0 EC.

It will only get worse if you don’t take them off the autopots and start to fertigate. For your next grow you will need to decide if you want to really get into coco, or pick a different medium to use in autopots.

good luck!

Ok, just flushed with ph 5.8 water with a light nute mix of .9 ec. Ph came out at 5.8 but ec was 2.6.. runoff was a light brownish color, probably from the coco..

hi bro i grow year-round with autopots and use canna pro coco/clay pebble mix with emerald harvest nutes and I've also used remo that's a bit cheaper and had great results with both also a quick question you know your autopot bases you know the plastic lids are you keeping them closed as for a long time I had issues and the ph was going out of wack with the fresh air on my bases as I used to leave them off worrying in case I got blockages and didn't see it

@Markopo :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: The advice given above is all solid. I agree that you were getting a salt build up and your tap water if .9 EC - 450PPM Hanna is no good and may have contributed a lot to your imbalance. The nutrient line you are running is fine. Top water at least once a week and do not stratify (layer pebbles or other soil) your soil next time.

Thanks @St. Tom and @Mañ'O'Green. Yes I do all ways have the covers on over the valve. And I now have a small ro system I've been using for the last.2 weeks. Just flushed and ph was great. Ec was 2.6 but I think some of that might have been coco as the runoff was slightly brown...didn't really stratify, just mixed in..

I'm thinking the salt buildup caused a sort of lockout and the solution was sitting in the trays too long. They haven't been drinking a lot lately..

Back