1st grow in coco, help

@St. Tom. Thanks man, I'm using the same blue labs combo meter you use. I saw yours hanging in front of a grow tent in 1 of your pics.. lol.. not the reason i bought it though...

Thanks Olderfart.. I did some studying on coco for cannabis and they were using the general hydro nutes as well, but top feeding. What nutes do you use with your autopots..
Thanks a bunch sir. I've learned a lot. Thought it was going to be easy.... s.o.b. lol...

@St. Tom. Thanks man, I'm using the same blue labs combo meter you use. I saw yours hanging in front of a grow tent in 1 of your pics.. lol.. not the reason i bought it though...
You won't go wrong with that meter bro and honestly if you don't overfeed your girls and feed to run off and get them established before you pop them on the res you should be good also another quick pointer you mentioned people saying coco is less suitable to autopots well I've tried both even super soil and I don't feel nothing beats the results of coco .also tag me anytime mate you think I can help but I learnt most of the stuff off here and @Mañ'O'Green has helped me out of a few jams so you have some great support

Ok, so update time.. I've switched from the auto pots SIP system to an auto, top water, feed and drain system similar to the coco for cannibals, with a couple mods and it's working great. The little runtz have made an awesome come back. I want to thank everyone that replied and helped out. Anyone looking to start a dtw system should check out flora flex plant pots and bases. Haven't used their pots but the drain base trays are only 7 bucks and work great.. the girl in the pics was yellow and locked out, thought she was doomed. Now flowers are growing like crazy fast....ec and ph are coming out the same as going in.. I've diluted, ec'd and ph'd some runoff and reused it.. anybody else do that??? Haven't seen any issues so far... all. That runoff is too much waste. Seems to me as long as the ec isn't crazy, ec and ph can both be adjusted . Or is there something I'm missing??

Attachments

• 20221021_200017.jpg
    20221021_200017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20221021_200029.jpg
    20221021_200029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20221021_200047.jpg
    20221021_200047.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Ok, so update time.. I've switched from the auto pots SIP system to an auto, top water, feed and drain system similar to the coco for cannibals, with a couple mods and it's working great. The little runtz have made an awesome come back. I want to thank everyone that replied and helped out. Anyone looking to start a dtw system should check out flora flex plant pots and bases. Haven't used their pots but the drain base trays are only 7 bucks and work great.. the girl in the pics was yellow and locked out, thought she was doomed. Now flowers are growing like crazy fast....ec and ph are coming out the same as going in.. I've diluted, ec'd and ph'd some runoff and reused it.. anybody else do that??? Haven't seen any issues so far... all. That runoff is too much waste. Seems to me as long as the ec isn't crazy, ec and ph can both be adjusted . Or is there something I'm missing??
That is good news mate, I am glad that you got things sorted.

All you need for runoff is ~10% or so of what goes in. If your irrigation setup is doing more than that, reduce the time the pump is turned on, or the number of times per day. I would not re-use the runoff, it may have its nute balance shifted after running through the pot, especially over time as you continue the process. Next time, you could get cheaper nutes so you worry less about it, i.e. Jack's or Megacrop 2 part. You can save the runoff for the lawn or garden. :biggrin: :pighug:

Trim jail coming, best jail around. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: JP1
Cannibals???? :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: JP1
Thanks a @Olderfart. Really appreciate the help and advice..
any time mate, just tag me and I will show up. Being able to help out is one of the reasons I hang around here. :pighug:

Back