1st grow! What is this Discoloration ? Pests ?

Reaction score
Hello guys
Soil =50% bio bizz all mix -bottom layer
50% light mix- upper layer .

Lights=Spiderfarmer sf1000 - 100watts (currently 80cm - 75% )

Water=Mostly River n few times bottled water with drops of lemon or vinegar to drop ph around 6-7
I was watering every day first 7-8 days 20-50ml( mistake i guess ) then 100+ ml every other day..I stopped after reading some stuff for watering schedule and now im watering every 3-5 days..
Last watering 200-300 ml

HUM and Temp = whole grow 18-25 Celcius and 50-75% hum

nutricion = none

Pots= fabric 11l , 2x7.5l and one ~3l.

Seeds x2 Pinneapple express auto and x2 bubble kush auto

~19 days old

Can you check them only 1 plant doesnt have the symptoms at all
stems are all the same its like they are changing skin or they get eaten by something ?
i have found some small flies and some small spiders like 4-5

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_171016.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171016.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210509_171118.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171118.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210509_171128.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171128.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210509_171149.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171149.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210509_171201.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171201.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210509_171241.jpg
    IMG_20210509_171241.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 45
@manydays420 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: I am happy to tell you that your plants are fine. The color variation is genetic and is called "Variegation".

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

I am not a fan of layering soil. It should be homogeneous. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. You are going to run out of nutrients in the pot sooner or later. You need to be prepared to feed balanced nutrients. To learn what I mean about Balanced go here:

:goodluck:

@manydays420 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: I am happy to tell you that your plants are fine. The color variation is genetic and is called "Variegation".

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

I am not a fan of layering soil. It should be homogeneous. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. You are going to run out of nutrients in the pot sooner or later. You need to be prepared to feed balanced nutrients. To learn what I mean about Balanced go here:

:goodluck:
Pretty usefull information thank you very much.
Should i keep dropping water ph with lemon or vinegar? Some say just straight water is fine while others havent heard of that way and might be wrong or jst use ph down ?
Im using ph strips and its not 100% accurate ( i cant see a 0.25 difference so good )

Bio-Bizz likes to be fed at 6.3 PH. You should invest in a few good tools: a PH pen and an EC meter to start. Don't buy too cheap. Maintain them. You will depend on them and if they lie to you it is costly. Then later you may want a good soil PH probe.

Back