New Grower 1st Indoor Grow-Hillbilly Rigged Setup

cubfaninmo

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Welcome to my first indoor grow. My only 2 grows were outside this summer as I’m not able set up inside. I have plenty of stock to hold me over but I miss the ritual of raising plants. So instead of waiting until spring, I decided to set up a “hillbilly rig” in the utility closet in my garage. Do to space it will have to be a microish grow.

1/2 gallon container
Biobizz Light
1 cheap grow bulb that switches from seedling to veg to bloom. Can adjust height on this light.
1 even cheaper bulb in a light socket up higher
Temps stay 70-80 with the water heater and furnace
Humidity 30-45
This hillbilly rigged grow could provide for an entertaining and bumpy ride!
1604713236975.jpeg
1604712838524.png

Planted a Grape Mints #23 from Rocbud!
Went straight to soil, misted, domed. Sprung to life in 4 days:
1604712686667.png

1604712786706.png

Today, day 4, it got out of the hillbilly rig for a touch of real sun during this crazy 75 degree November weather ✌️
1604713040616.png

Attachments

• 1604712771293.png
    1604712771293.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 69
My first indoor grow was about 3 years ago and it was a hillbilly rigged set up. I built a wooden box in my closed about 2x2x4 I stuffed 4 plants in it with some wal-mart led strips that were 15 watts appeace I had like 8 of the lights in their Im pretty sure the whole set up was under 100 bucks I ended up getting over a qp out of it that first grow I ran it for almost a year with some pretty decent results for sure. Good luck to you in your adventures and know for sure you can grow great weed with not much investment.

My first indoor grow was about 3 years ago and it was a hillbilly rigged set up. I built a wooden box in my closed about 2x2x4 I stuffed 4 plants in it with some wal-mart led strips that were 15 watts appeace I had like 8 of the lights in their Im pretty sure the whole set up was under 100 bucks I ended up getting over a qp out of it that first grow I ran it for almost a year with some pretty decent results for sure. Good luck to you in your adventures and know for sure you can grow great weed with not much investment.
It’s definitely fun scheming and trying to do this in a non traditional way. Thanks for stopping by!

Welcome aboard @cubfaninmo, and good luck with the hillbilly grow. :welcome: As others have said, you can make it work and come away with some great weed.

As the links in my sig will show, I do like DIY.

Have fun with it! :pighug:

Welcome aboard @cubfaninmo, and good luck with the hillbilly grow. :welcome: As others have said, you can make it work and come away with some great weed.

As the links in my sig will show, I do like DIY.

Have fun with it! :pighug:
Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning to adapt to a small container and goofy setup.
:cheers:

Back