Outdoor 2019 mid Michigan Growtogrow outside

So I bought a deterrent for him next time.

Got a little electric fence for him. The most powerful one our farm store carries 6.7 joules 120 Mi weed killer Farm fencer. And it has a 10 joule backup... It should lite him up pretty good. LoL.... It continuously shoot 6.7 joules every second should it hurt a lot when someone gets hit with it.

But it won't kill you no way no how it's just an animal fencer.

So I'll put it around the cage and one wire around the whole perimeter of the fence where the most likely spot people will try to come over which is The Back Fence there's a tree back there and my camper and the street light don't work will Well. so it was a good spot for someone to come over at..but anyways.
I will not grow out into the late fall like I did this year. No no.
I don't never do that this is the first year I've done that and it proved to be bad because people just know in this area that it's Harvest Time... I need to Harvest like I had been doing with the light dep and harvest out by August 10th and be done . Nobody knows that schedule but me and my personal friends that are my workers as well .
20191009_130605.jpg

Hey there :headbang: :bighug:
Love AFN :worship:

So all came out good thou for this 2019 outside growing season.
27 pants total.
2 different techniques resulting in two different timelines and harvesting periods. First August 9th And the forced second harvest October 3rd.
I was unable to have a exact Harvest weight for both harvests. But the over all for both together was just under 30 lbs.
The first harvest was the better yield , better bud size and density or dankness. Also better tasting and best of all better trike production. more.
In in comparisons to the same plant same exact plant clone. Clone for clone first crop came out and was harvested by August 9th.
So of the silver haze vs silver haze 2.
The first Silver Haze had better bud quality dankness and was sweeter tasting.
The silver haze 2 was a Quality plant with quality bud it just had lesser of the higher qualities that the first plant had in side by side smoke test.
I strongly believe this is do to the high intensity of the earlier Summer Sun. And where the second plant had the later summer and fall sun. That is much less intense. Making the buds less dank and more leafy.

So I had 25 get high friends stop by October 26th for slow smoked brisket, burgers and bud tasting and rating of the 18 strains that I grew over the summer.
They smoked blunds mostly
In Swisher Sweet cigar wraps.
My wife made cards for everybody and they checked off from 1 to 10 what they thought of each strain. 1 being lowest and 10 being highest. Some wrote notes also so I could read their thoughts at the time. This help me alot for picking next year's plants.

The Silver haze , Dragon blood , and Incredible bulk were amongst the highest in the ratings. But that being said they really didn't get through all of the strains. Many of them pooped out before they got through the 8th and 9th strain but overall I had many people sampled them all and I was able to piece together pretty much what the quality content was all my strains.

30 lbs. Damn. I only grew enough to get 2 lbs after getting some bud rot in my latest harvest. I grew mostly autoflowering plants and left two of those outside without even harvesting more than the best buds off those two plants. My one photo plant gave me about a pound. I must have grown 8 strains at least. I didn't grow out all the strains I have but next Spring I'm thinking of trying one or two fast flowering photo strains that are supposed to finish up in August and try light deprivation on some others. This past year was my first grow.

Do you just toss your trim in growing 30 lbs or do you use any for concentrates or hash production? I've made a couple batches of cannaoil with the best trim I saved using olive oil once and a mix of coconut oil and olive oil in another batch. Made a potent concentrate where a teaspoon of oil with some sunflower lecithin in a cup of hot cocoa is enough to put me out for the night.

Most of my trim just went onto the ground or into my burn pile due to the number of plants I grew but if I was just growing one or two plants a season it would make sense to process all trim into cannaoil for edibles. I've made brownies with just a Betty Crocker mix and cannaoil. No odd taste and the brownies were killer. Bad part was the brownies were so strong you could only eat two one inch squares and be stoned.

Hey there :headbang: :bighug:
Love AFN :worship:

So all came out good thou for this 2019 outside growing season.
27 pants total.
2 different techniques resulting in two different timelines and harvesting periods. First August 9th And the forced second harvest October 3rd.
I was unable to have a exact Harvest weight for both harvests. But the over all for both together was just under 30 lbs.
The first harvest was the better yield , better bud size and density or dankness. Also better tasting and best of all better trike production. more.
In in comparisons to the same plant same exact plant clone. Clone for clone first crop came out and was harvested by August 9th.
So of the silver haze vs silver haze 2.
The first Silver Haze had better bud quality dankness and was sweeter tasting.
The silver haze 2 was a Quality plant with quality bud it just had lesser of the higher qualities that the first plant had in side by side smoke test.
I strongly believe this is do to the high intensity of the earlier Summer Sun. And where the second plant had the later summer and fall sun. That is much less intense. Making the buds less dank and more leafy.

So I had 25 get high friends stop by October 26th for slow smoked brisket, burgers and bud tasting and rating of the 18 strains that I grew over the summer.
They smoked blunds mostly
In Swisher Sweet cigar wraps.
My wife made cards for everybody and they checked off from 1 to 10 what they thought of each strain. 1 being lowest and 10 being highest. Some wrote notes also so I could read their thoughts at the time. This help me alot for picking next year's plants.

The Silver haze , Dragon blood , and Incredible bulk were amongst the highest in the ratings. But that being said they really didn't get through all of the strains. Many of them pooped out before they got through the 8th and 9th strain but overall I had many people sampled them all and I was able to piece together pretty much what the quality content was all my strains.
well done quite the season you had heres to the next one :cheers:

Thanks y'all I appreciate it absolutely you guys are why I do what I do. Yeah the hall was pretty good I had a really good harvest this year I can't complain really even on the fall harvest, it was a little sooner than I care to to take it. but most of them were ready to go anyways. the incredible bulk was ready and the big bud was definitely ready the blueberry cookies and the Afghan skunk maybe could have went another week but overall they still came out pretty well.

As far as trimming goes and saving the trimming I put most of my onto the ground as well. I trim as I grow so I don't have a lot of excess trim left over at harvest. I trim the plants while still standing rather than trim a whole lot sitting in a chair and dealing with that way. I like my plants to be pretty well trimmed. so that's my technique it's not an unusual technique it's actually done by a lot of quality farmers that's who I've learned it from years ago and it's really not that hard. when I go out to my garden a couple of times a week and take my trimmers and start whacking after I've done it a few times you kind of learn what to take off what not to take off and when to take it off and what to leave you know. but it helps the bud quality I guarantee it will help the bud quality size and yield. Doing this it tricks the plant into doing all kinds of things that won't normally happen without trimming and super cropping the plant seems to think it has to do something more cuz it interrupted it somehow or another by breaking a branch or trimming a leaf.

Your going to like the light depth. Light depth in my opinion. when I grow using the Summer sun I think is best instead of going all the way out into the fall with the orange red Sun. I think there's a curve in there, it's kind of got to follow so you don't get too much blue at the end. I think I hit it pretty good this year. I think August 10th to August 15th is a good time for me to harvest. the sun's about right in my area where I'm at here in southern lower Michigan. at that time of year the flowers are just coming on naturally here.
I'm harvesting at that time so that's key to me. The buds are big n dank dripping with resin.
Little to no problem with mold.
No rain the relative humidity is low. It's all good.
Try it you'll all like it for real.

Good luck
Happy growing
From
Growtogrow

Last edited:
it broke off the only outdoor plant I had, an old Vietnam bag seed weirdo a friend gave me.
''
If have to tell you this: there are many People, (or rather a few blessed remaining?), wich would give anything for a oldschool Vietnamese Strain. I just wanna tell you, if you one Day could manage to ge ahold of such Plants , make Seeds if anyhow possible pure.
People would basically run screaming into Street, would they get one of these.. Thats how good old Vietnamese can be. Not any Vietnamese was like that, but some were the ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE WEED on par or Way better than any Psychedelics.

I understan anyone its own! Just you know this would help Comunity.

Vietnamese Tripweed:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
If have to tell you this: there are many People, (or rather a few blessed remaining?), wich would give anything for a oldschool Vietnamese Strain. I just wanna tell you, if you one Day could manage to ge ahold of such Plants , make Seeds if anyhow possible pure.
People would basically run screaming into Street, would they get one of these.. Thats how good old Vietnamese can be. Not any Vietnamese was like that, but some were the ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE WEED on par or Way better than any Psychedelics.

I understan anyone its own! Just you know this would help Comunity.

Vietnamese Tripweed:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Have you been able to come across any seeds?

Back