New Grower 2nd Grow: Anvil, Sour Stomper, CDLC // MH SP3000 // BioALL Org. Soil

indicalla

Two grows and nine plants in the books
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mephisto Sour Stomper and CDLC, Gnome Automatics Anvil, FB Northern Lights
I’ve completed my first grow, cleaned up, regrouped, and I’m ready for the next dance. Let’s start with the details.

SETUP:

Light:
Mars Hydro SP3000 LED (297 watts)
Tent: 2X4X6 w/ AC Infinity programmable inline fan and carbon filter
Pots: 5 gallon fabric
Soil: Bio365 BioALL organic soil with a little Light Warrior to start the seeds in the pots
Nutes: Megacrop, Bud Explosion, Epsom salt
Soil additives: Dynomyco mycorrhizae, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, RAW Yucca powder
Water source: Local spring water, 6.6 PH and 42 PPM out of the mountain

SEEDS:
  • Mandalorian Anvil (feminized)
  • Mephisto Sour Stomper
  • Mephisto Creme de la Chem
GERMINATION:
Two of my first seeds from Grow 1 didn’t germinate and it cost me a bunch of time. I’m on a strict 100-day schedule for this grow -- I must have all buds in jars before I travel for a while -- and I want to minimize the chances of that delay happening again. This time, I’m planting two of each seed in each pot and, if they both come up, I’ll decide which to keep and snip the other. One of each seed type had an overnight bath in distilled water, and one came straight out of the package. Planted directly in the pots and they're under humidity domes and 24 hours of light. I'll be curious to see if I see a difference in germination time between the soaked beans and the unsoaked ones.

LIGHT SCHEDULE:
I'll keep the SP3000 on for 24 hours for the first week from sprout, then I'll switch to 20/4 for the duration of the grow.

BASE NUTRIENT/ADDITIVE SCHEDULE:
Seedling stage:
Fish Sh!t / Recharge / Yucca powder
Vegetative state: Mega Crop / Fish Sh!t / Recharge / Yucca powder
Flower: Mega Crop / Bud Explosion / Fish Sh!t / Recharge / Yucca powder

I’ll use Recharge and Fish Shi!t once a week through the grow, and I’ll use yucca powder with every watering. I’ll start nutes slow, somewhere around Day 18-21 if it feels right, and then hopefully I’ll ramp them up with some aggressiveness. I’m going to push harder through this grow to see what happens.

WHAT I GOT RIGHT ON MY FIRST GROW:
  • I was passionate and attentive, but not too attentive.
  • The environment was pretty well dialed. Through veg and most of flower I maintained the tent conditions I was going for. As flower progressed my humidity was higher than I wanted, but I’ll need a serious dehumidifier and probably a makeshift lung room to get it lower. Airflow was always good and the humidity caused no problems.
  • I mostly managed lighting and watering quite well I think.
  • Good genetics on two of my plants.
  • I kept my grow clean in general and did two deep cleanings through the grow. Didn’t see any pests aside from a random ant here and there, nor did I ever seen any signs of mold or rot.
  • I had a pretty good yield, including a QP from one plant if you count trim/larf, and got some really nice cannabis that is way better than what I was consuming before.
  • I had fun and never got stressed out about anything. Absolutely loved everything about it, even trying to figure out the problems.
WHAT I’M FOCUSING ON IMPROVING THIS TIME:
  • Nutrition. I totally bombed on this my first time around; it was my biggest problem for sure. I will not underfeed the girls this time.
  • Overall plant health. I didn’t like having so many issues with my leaves last time, on all plants. I really want these girls to feel better, and I'm going to try to be better at catching issues early and correcting them.
  • Training and defoliation. I think I’m going to top these plants, if they’re doing well, and I hope to improve my attempts to LST them. I’m also going to try to keep them from getting too bushy with a bit more aggressive defoliation later in veg if necessary.
  • Watering. I’m using Man O Green’s method of initially weighing the pots dry and then saturated and watering when they’ve lost half their water weight, to hopefully validate what I think I learned on my first grow about timing. I’m also going to use only spring water from the mountains by my house, and I think I’m going to try to get away without PHing it at all. It comes out of the mountain at 6.6, with a PPM for 42 or so, and I think that’s close enough to perfect for my soil to keep it where it needs to be. I LOVE the idea of being able to just use water straight out of these mountains, so I’m gonna give it a try and see what happens. I’ll still check PH each watering, just hoping to not have to use any PH down.
  • Soil and soil health. I really struggled with the soil PH of my FFOF in my first grow and seemed to have some buffering and nute lock-out issues at times. This time around I’m using what I think is better soil (Full Duplex has done a bunch of killer runs in BioALL), and I’m trying to add more beneficial microbes and fungi and just keep it kicking.
  • Killer genetics on all plants. Mandalorian and Mephisto FTW.
  • Confidence. Last time around, being my first grow, I was quite pensive about just about everything. This time around, I’m just gonna use what I’ve learned, go for it, and see how things go.

As always, all comments are welcomed. I’ll tag a few of the folks who followed along with my first grown, in case y’all are interested in see what this newb can do with a run under my belt. @Mcdee @DCLXVI @420Forever @Frank_Spencer @TekkoN @WildBill @Zeromitch @fauxnacho @Bill.de.Cat @Sheriffatman @mwilliams2006 @derek420colorado @Olderfart

Here is where I grow:
IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

Here is what I grow:
IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

Last edited:
:pop: can't wait to see how these turn out :smoking:

Nice! Solid plan Chief.
This time, I’m planting two of each seed in each pot and, if they both come up, I’ll decide which to keep and snip the other.
This is my procedure at the moment as well. Nice to have an insurance plant.

I will not underfeed the girls this time.
Careful with the Bud Explosion.

I think I’m going to top these plants, if they’re doing well, and I hope to improve my attempts to LST them. I’m also going to try to keep them from getting too bushy with a bit more aggressive defoliation later in veg if necessary.
Sounds like a plan, man.

I’m also going to use only spring water from the mountains by my house, and I think I’m going to try to get away without PHing it at all. It comes out of the mountain at 6.6, with a PPM for 42 or so, and I think that’s close enough to perfect for my soil to keep it where it needs to be.
Fantastic.

:pop:

I came in at the end of your last grow but loved binge reading it. Looking forward to following real time, almost in line with my first grow. Good luck

Solid planning, and nice setup. You should have a really enjoyable and productive grow. I too suggest being really careful with Bud Explosion. If you use it, do so sparingly. It could easily knock your nute ratios out of range. Which version of Megacrop are you using?

Good luck with the grow ! :goodluck::pighug:

Best of luck! Would love to try the Anvil myself :pop:
I’m most excited about that one, so I put her in the middle.

Your space is great. And you seem focused on the task in hand. Your gonna do just fine :thumbsup:
Basement, but I live on a hill (like everyone else in WV) so most of it is above ground and the humidity is controllable-ish.

Stoked to have you back! You brought a TON to the experience of my first grow. Thanks!

You seem to have a good plan to start on.
We’ll see. Like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth LOL.

:pop: can't wait to see how these turn out :smoking:
Same! But also stoked for the journey.

Careful with the Bud Explosion.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Anything specific, or is it just easy to go heavy on?

I came in at the end of your last grow but loved binge reading it. Looking forward to following real time, almost in line with my first grow. Good luck
Hey, Carve. Welcome! Do you have a thread going for your grow?

Back