Indoor 3rd Times the Charm, right...?

Your paper towel germination looks like the seeds are in too much standing water. Next time try folding the paper towel over itself a few times so there's some buffer room. And be sure that you don't have any standing water.

In germination You want it's environment to be moist but not completely wet. I'm out in the woods using lots of older seeds so fungal infections killing seeds is something I have seen a lot of lol.

Good luck this run! 3rd times a charm :pass:

Day 16 - Mophisto
6th node leaves starting to poke through and some nice little side branches coming from the lower nodes. She still a pale green but I think she has turned the corner. I think she is starting to look better or at least looking no worse than the past couple days. Hopefully I solved one of my on going issues by pH ing everything to 6.2/6.3.

20210706_060918.jpg

20210706_060953.jpg

Day 24 - Tangie
She's looking a little rough but again, I think she is turning the corner on health after adjusting pH. The hard part is I'll have to stay the course for a few days to be sure so she can get better or worse. Either way, she is shooting out side branches so I started tieing back older leaves to get the branches to stretch and even out the canopy. I had similar issues during earlier grows and they still made it over the finish line but I'm hoping to improve upon the participation trophy level.

20210706_060911.jpg

20210706_061007.jpg

20210706_061043.jpg

20210706_061054.jpg

Since you re used your soil having not added in more amendments, it's reasonable to suspect that the deficiency symptoms from a lack of nutrients in the soil (rather than lockout or PH).

They're both showing pretty clear symptoms of Nitrogen and Potassium deficiency. I would increase the feeding considerably and see if it starts to improve. If things get worse change course quickly, but it's probably just underfeeding

Since you re used your soil having not added in more amendments, it's reasonable to suspect that the deficiency symptoms from a lack of nutrients in the soil (rather than lockout or PH).

They're both showing pretty clear symptoms of Nitrogen and Potassium deficiency. I would increase the feeding considerably and see if it starts to improve. If things get worse change course quickly, but it's probably just underfeeding

I was thinking that might be the case as well so I started adding a 1/4 dose of Maxigro. I didnt want to change too many things at once so I could see if i could pinpoint the actual problem. I may have jumped the gun on the Mophisto when I gave her a little bit of the Tangie feed. Mophisto is in new soil so I need to let her be. Watering tonight or tomorrow and see what the next couple days brings.

i'm a noob so i am basically spitballing here but if it is reused soil and you use stuff like maxigro would their be a salt build up in the soil?

i'm a noob so i am basically spitballing here but if it is reused soil and you use stuff like maxigro would their be a salt build up in the soil?

Never really thought about that. There is some build up on the sides of the rain science bag. If my pH has been off there is a possibility of there being excess nutes trapped in the soil that couldn't get used and since I dont water to runoff, there could be an imbalance. I have to see what she does with the new water treatment over the next couple days. Shes still growing so that's a plus.

That can happen if you badly overfertalised the last crop. But that's not likely the case here. That would have fried and stunted this plant much earlier in life. The deficiencies are appearing right as the plant is entering it's explosive growth phase. It's just hungry

:yeahthat:
How often you water and how much

Plus that’s creeping upwards lock outs mostly are top down I believe

Last edited:
:yeahthat:
How often you water and how much

Plus that’s creeping upwards lock outs mostly are top down I believe

The Mophisto I definitely over watered. It's my first solo cup grow so I can expect that but the color fade happened on her too. They have different water and feed cycles but the same soil and the same pH going in.

I watered with plain pH 6.2 water yesterday. Today she looks good with some color reappearing and strong branch growth. I feel she is on the right track now. Props to ManoGreen for passing on the knowledge and to AFN for the quality search algorithm that pointed me in the right direction.

Always learning. And with that, its time to start upping the nutes and kick this into second gear.

On a side note, went tuna fishing this past week and caught a nice little yellowtail. Just riding the wave.

20210707_170511.jpg
20210707_170517.jpg
20210707_170524.jpg
20210705_071750.jpg
20210706_181330.jpg

Nice catch! Yellowtail is awesome isn't it?

Back