Mephisto Genetics 4 Assed Monkey + Alien vs Triangle + BTS (New Grower)

Ok you’re right she does not seem like she wants to get too tall so I’ll keep the training on her minimal going forward!

I rubbed a very immature bud on 4AM and it smelled like skunky grape cough syrup so it might be that pheno!
She is typically quite loud . Really terpy plant. Enjoy.

Don't be too hard on yourself @Soulflower - you have some very nice looking plants there. It's very difficult to do a whole grow without a few leaf symptoms here and there. You're doing more than enough to let the great Mephisto genetics express themselves. And good idea to get a new pH meter - it's absolutely vital to have readings you can 100% rely on. :goodluck:

Don't be too hard on yourself @Soulflower - you have some very nice looking plants there. It's very difficult to do a whole grow without a few leaf symptoms here and there. You're doing more than enough to let the great Mephisto genetics express themselves. And good idea to get a new pH meter - it's absolutely vital to have readings you can 100% rely on. :goodluck:
Thank you! can’t wait til they are fully grown

@Soulflower , as @Faction said, don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't jump the gun just yet to coco/megacrop. I mean I love the results I see of that too, but that's just way too high maintainence for my taste. Watering to runoff every day? Sometimes twice a day? Nah, not for me... You should check out my first grow in my signature(on growdiaries). I ran 3x 4AM for that grow, and did pure LST on 2 of em, topped the 3rd for the fun of it since it was a mutant. Topped one yielded the least, but the FATTEST BUDS I've ever seen! Had to be held up in late flower lol. I had a feeling LST slowed my plants growth too, but it was my first grow, so not sure. Either way I got to my goal of 300g for all six plants(got 360g in total). I yielded 2oz per plant, and they were roughly only a cubic foot in size

Point I'm trying to make is, it might seem like a small plant at first, but you still have some good stretch left in her. And I know after the stretch is over and she starts to put on weight, you will be surprised by how much more it is than what you thought it was at first!

P.S. I started some LST on one of mine last night! Look for my update later! LST'd a 8cm tall plant with tight freakin nodes... 20 mins of bending back and forth before she was in the right spot lmao.

@Soulflower , as @Faction said, don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't jump the gun just yet to coco/megacrop. I mean I love the results I see of that too, but that's just way too high maintainence for my taste. Watering to runoff every day? Sometimes twice a day? Nah, not for me... You should check out my first grow in my signature(on growdiaries). I ran 3x 4AM for that grow, and did pure LST on 2 of em, topped the 3rd for the fun of it since it was a mutant. Topped one yielded the least, but the FATTEST BUDS I've ever seen! Had to be held up in late flower lol. I had a feeling LST slowed my plants growth too, but it was my first grow, so not sure. Either way I got to my goal of 300g for all six plants(got 360g in total). I yielded 2oz per plant, and they were roughly only a cubic foot in size

Point I'm trying to make is, it might seem like a small plant at first, but you still have some good stretch left in her. And I know after the stretch is over and she starts to put on weight, you will be surprised by how much more it is than what you thought it was at first!

P.S. I started some LST on one of mine last night! Look for my update later! LST'd a 8cm tall plant with tight freakin nodes... 20 mins of bending back and forth before she was in the right spot lmao.

Awesome I will check out your LST! I just went and looked at your grow diary for 4AM and those buds look great! So: That is great to hear! Thanks for offering your experience. It’s so hard to gauge sometimes how things are going so it’s reassuring.

Got the new ph meter so will be able to be a bit more educated in regards to that. Will post another update soon.

10 days since the last update so now is a good time. We have a little bit of an overwatering issue which is hitting 4AM#2 hardest but overall they are looking really great and filling into a nice full bushy footprint in the tent. Going to pair down waterings and raise the pots over a grate to help with airflow through the bottom of the pot. Humidity is up too, 62%, Temp 76F.

AvT has a sweet pine resin smell right now. 4AM continues her candy grape aroma development. Odor not overwhelming strength wise right now.

Here is the group shot first:

IMG-7351.JPG

AvT Day 42

IMG-7339.JPG

IMG-7340.JPG

4AM Day 42

Letting one branch turned top get a bit taller than the rest :)

IMG-7342.JPG

4AM#2 Day 25

A bit sad, some newer leaves have yellowing tips of chlorosis from overwatering and this pot's low aeration. Going to take careful measures now. Looks great otherwise.

IMG-7345.JPG

IMG-7347.JPG

BTS Day 24

This plant is simply a champ, nice thick stem and eager branches:

IMG-7344.JPG
IMG-7343.JPG

Thanks for watching!

@Soulflower Looking good man! That 1st 4AM is lookin a bit finnicky, seen that she shot out some 3 tipped leaves, which is a sign of stress usually. Same thing happened to one of my 4AMs on my first grow. She did manage to grow out of it again a few weeks later, but happened around the same time as yours is.

How often and how much are you watering now? You got all the plants on their wet/dry cycle?

@Soulflower Looking good man! That 1st 4AM is lookin a bit finnicky, seen that she shot out some 3 tipped leaves, which is a sign of stress usually. Same thing happened to one of my 4AMs on my first grow. She did manage to grow out of it again a few weeks later, but happened around the same time as yours is.

How often and how much are you watering now? You got all the plants on their wet/dry cycle?

They were on a good wet/dry cycle and watering every 3 days BUT I think the last 2 waterings the runoff didn't fully drain from the pots because the trays were flush against the pots and they got waterlogged after my buddy watered them.

To solve the issue today I took the pots out of the trays and put a shallow plastic storage tub with the lid off at the bottom of the tent instead. Put a grating over the storage tub for the pots to sit on and now the pots have airflow coming in through the bottom! Got another clip fan in there too.

Gonna let them dry out more this time over the next 4 days or possibly 5 and slowly water again, hopefully they overcome the issue. I will say the smells are great off the AvT and 4AM and they are frosty. Surprisingly the blue mystic has the largest structure and has more stretch to do but no smell yet. The LST worked alright. I'll take a pic of the new grate in the tent next time.

They were on a good wet/dry cycle and watering every 3 days BUT I think the last 2 waterings the runoff didn't fully drain from the pots because the trays were flush against the pots and they got waterlogged after my buddy watered them.

To solve the issue today I took the pots out of the trays and put a shallow plastic storage tub with the lid off at the bottom of the tent instead. Put a grating over the storage tub for the pots to sit on and now the pots have airflow coming in through the bottom! Got another clip fan in there too.

Gonna let them dry out more this time over the next 4 days or possibly 5 and slowly water again, hopefully they overcome the issue. I will say the smells are great off the AvT and 4AM and they are frosty. Surprisingly the blue mystic has the largest structure and has more stretch to do but no smell yet. The LST worked alright. I'll take a pic of the new grate in the tent next time.

Sounds like you have it figured out! Nice! Looking forward to them puttin on some wieght!

Back