Mephisto Genetics 4 Assed Monkey + Alien vs Triangle + BTS (New Grower)

@EelGrows So on Day 26, the day after the last post, we went ahead and added another 1L of 1/4 dose calmag water with a trace amount of Big Bloom into the 4 Assed Monkey's soil to follow your advice for adding more water. It seems that with this feed of calmag and thorough watering, the leaves have improved.

More water with the same nutrient ratio was also added to the AvT and Blue Mystic pots...and they are loving it! 2 days later and the growth is quite impressive, especially on the AvT:

The 4AM actually busted through her LST, raising the stakes out of the soil - will tie down more forcefully and take a pic tomorrow

4 Assed Monkey - Day 26
IMG-7238.JPG

Alien vs Triangle - Day 26

IMG-7237.JPG

Group Shot
- even the Blue Mystic kicked up a notch
IMG-7236.JPG

@Soulflower That's awesome! They're looking good! Some nice growth for sure! Jealous of that 4AM! Need to get me some more of them beans for sure!

Day 29 | Aug. 26 2019 | 4AM - AvT - Blue Mystic

@EelGrows I think I saw that Mephisto still have 4AM in stock in the US store if that's where you're based!

Watering day = picture day

Temp 71F Humidity 60% (upon opening tent before watering)

Began late LST to open up AvT and Blue Mystic by tying down the tops (and a couple branches on the AvT). Poked a hole in the side of the fabric pot and simply used zippy ties from the grocery store.

AvT and Blue Mystic showed improved color on their leaves, brighter green where several days ago were dark green. However, there was slight N clawing on the AvT. Nonetheless, since the leaves were brighter rather than darker I did another watering containing trace nutrient amounts:

(1 gallon / plant for all 3 plants)
1ml calmag (4-0-0)
0.5 ml Fox Farms Big Bloom 0.5 (0-0.5-0.7)
0.5 ml Age Old Bloom (5-10-5)

I am considering switching from distilled water to tap water for the 4AM. The tap water plants are doing fine while she is still having some growing pains:

IMG-7243.JPG

@BCBudlady any insight to ^? Could it be the distilled water? I did not measure the pH but the tap pH has always been 7.0 when tested and it's distilled tap water made using a home distiller. Have been using above nutrient ratios for the past watering and this one, so could be needs a bit more time to recover.

4AM is still continuing her vinelike growth in spite of the above issue, did more LST:

IMG-7242.JPG
IMG-7245.JPG

AvT
all bent over now and looking gorgeous:

IMG-7253.JPG
IMG-7252.JPG

Blue Mystic bent over as well:

IMG-7248.JPG
IMG-7249.JPG

They all probably look bigger in these pictures than they actually are, but they seem like they have some more growing to do and more bud sites to pop out!

Bluetoof Special Pheno Day 11

IMG-7251.JPG

4AM [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 12

IMG-7250.JPG

They are chugging along.

Tent shot:

IMG-7271.JPG

Things moved around so I labeled.

Attachments

• IMG-7271.JPG
    IMG-7271.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Day 29 | Aug. 26 2019 | 4AM - AvT - Blue Mystic

@EelGrows I think I saw that Mephisto still have 4AM in stock in the US store if that's where you're based!

Watering day = picture day

Temp 71F Humidity 60% (upon opening tent before watering)

Began late LST to open up AvT and Blue Mystic by tying down the tops (and a couple branches on the AvT). Poked a hole in the side of the fabric pot and simply used zippy ties from the grocery store.

AvT and Blue Mystic showed improved color on their leaves, brighter green where several days ago were dark green. However, there was slight N clawing on the AvT. Nonetheless, since the leaves were brighter rather than darker I did another watering containing trace nutrient amounts:

(1 gallon / plant for all 3 plants)
1ml calmag (4-0-0)
0.5 ml Fox Farms Big Bloom 0.5 (0-0.5-0.7)
0.5 ml Age Old Bloom (5-10-5)

I am considering switching from distilled water to tap water for the 4AM. The tap water plants are doing fine while she is still having some growing pains:

View attachment 1095783

@BCBudlady any insight to ^? Could it be the distilled water? I did not measure the pH but the tap pH has always been 7.0 when tested and it's distilled tap water made using a home distiller. Have been using above nutrient ratios for the past watering and this one, so could be needs a bit more time to recover.

4AM is still continuing her vinelike growth in spite of the above issue, did more LST:

View attachment 1095790 View attachment 1095791

AvT
all bent over now and looking gorgeous:

View attachment 1095795 View attachment 1095794

Blue Mystic bent over as well:

View attachment 1095796 View attachment 1095797

They all probably look bigger in these pictures than they actually are, but they seem like they have some more growing to do and more bud sites to pop out!

Bluetoof Special Pheno Day 11

View attachment 1095798

4AM [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 12

View attachment 1095799

They are chugging along.

Tent shot:

View attachment 1095801

Things moved around so I labeled.
@Soulflower , I’m not sure what’s going on with your 4AM. I occasionally use distilled water, when my reverse osmosis water is unavailable.
I grow in a commercial supersoil with additional amendments to include extra micros, so in a fast plant like 4AM, I’m only giving Recharge throughout the life cycle.
You should post these pictures in the infirmary and @Waira and the experts can take a look.
If I do need Cal-Mag ... they will get 4ml/gal .

@Soulflower Looking good man! LST is on point! I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say, that yes; I think it's the destilled water that's hampering the 4AM1!

Oh and I definately will be getting an extra pack or two of 4AM when I order from mephisto next: When they finally decide to drop the sativa strains. And maybe early next year as I just read on reddit, stan said they are rereleasing purple nuggets!!! Just need to get my hands on those too! Probably coming as a limited edition next year!

Day 32 - 4AM#1 and AvT

I’ll be honest, I’m questioning my methods just a bit and thinking that next grow will be done using coco and megacrop due to results I’m seeing in this forum with that combo.

Also, I’ve ordered a new pH meter not sure the one I have is accurate. I say this because 4AM is still having some yellowing edges and sad leaves. AVT is doing nicely but does have a couple leaves looking slightly deficient with streaking, thankfully not too many. I’m just being dramatic as a plant parent I’m sure, overall they are healthy.

While the plants aren’t 100% perfect, they will still produce and make me happy. Will get more dialed in next round.

Also does LST result in slowing growth? I think these girls have a bit to go and I did more LST on them today.

4AM - Day 32
upload_2019-8-29_22-17-17.jpeg

AVT - Day 32
upload_2019-8-29_22-18-37.jpeg

4AM#2 - Day 15
upload_2019-8-29_22-22-8.jpeg

Bluetoof Special - Day 14
9BFA0146-8147-4FEF-97FD-7175C8F8D6C9.jpeg

Group shot before LST:
upload_2019-8-29_22-19-45.jpeg

After LST:
upload_2019-8-29_22-20-29.jpeg

Day 32 - 4AM#1 and AvT

I’ll be honest, I’m questioning my methods just a bit and thinking that next grow will be done using coco and megacrop due to results I’m seeing in this forum with that combo.

Also, I’ve ordered a new pH meter not sure the one I have is accurate. I say this because 4AM is still having some yellowing edges and sad leaves. AVT is doing nicely but does have a couple leaves looking slightly deficient with streaking, thankfully not too many. I’m just being dramatic as a plant parent I’m sure, overall they are healthy.

While the plants aren’t 100% perfect, they will still produce and make me happy. Will get more dialed in next round.

Also does LST result in slowing growth? I think these girls have a bit to go and I did more LST on them today.

4AM - Day 32
View attachment 1097038

AVT - Day 32
View attachment 1097039

4AM#2 - Day 15
View attachment 1097042

Bluetoof Special - Day 14
View attachment 1097044

Group shot before LST:
View attachment 1097040

After LST:
View attachment 1097041
Simple lst should not slow your plants down too much, but topping, mainlining can add weeks on to your grow. Looking good!

Thanks it’s reassuring to hear ya’ll say they are looking good!
The huge upside to 4AM is she is quick. I wouldn’t do too much training on her. She is a smaller plant to begin with (no height issues) and should finish at just over 60 days. Mine have all come in at 62-64 days with 20 percent amber.
Hope you get the very grapey, frosty pheno as opposed to the tropical. Great strain.

The huge upside to 4AM is she is quick. I wouldn’t do too much training on her. She is a smaller plant to begin with (no height issues) and should finish at just over 60 days. Mine have all come in at 62-64 days with 20 percent amber.
Hope you get the very grapey, frosty pheno as opposed to the tropical. Great strain.
Ok you’re right she does not seem like she wants to get too tall so I’ll keep the training on her minimal going forward!

I rubbed a very immature bud on 4AM and it smelled like skunky grape cough syrup so it might be that pheno!

Back