Mephisto Genetics 4 Assed Monkey + Alien vs Triangle + BTS (New Grower)

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. I would hate to try to correct an issue with cal mag and then cause an N toxicity so I will go ahead and follow your advice to get a calmag without N in it (let me know if you have a brand in mind). Should I start supplementing calmag across all the plants or just 4AM?
Depending on your lights(sorry if you stated) , most plants need more cal-mag than they get from typical potting soil, whether it’s Fox Farm, commercial supersoil etc. it’s reasonable to supplement and much more so entering into flower. I’m no expert, but my experience has always been to avoid needing to chase a deficiency.
You can always post a pick or two in the infirmary thread and ask those who have decades of experience.

I use General Organics Cal-Nag with N of 1. There are many choices and whatever you choose made for canna with low N levels will work.

@Soulflower How do you post your pictures directly into the text part of your posts? Trying to get my first journal up :D

Say you want to put a pic after "Trying to get my first journal up ". Hit enter twice (I do that so there is space between text and pic". Click on "Upload a File". Find the pic or pics and hit "Open". Your pics will upload and there will be a dialogue box about insert thumbnails or Full Image. Click on full image and it will be inserted. If you want to add more text, hit enter twice and start typing.

@Dan34475 Thanks! I figured out you can just copy/paste them straight from you folders to the text! Awesome!

Hunh! Learn something new every day

Day 25 - AvT & 4AM [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

• Ladies needed a drink today, soil was dry to the 3rd knuckle on my finger.
  • Temp 73F – Humidity 50%
  • Gave first very light feed today in their water:
  • 0.5ml calmag and 0.5ml Fox Farms Big Bloom in 1L of distilled structured water for 4AM
  • 1ml calmag and 1ml fox farms big bloom in 1 gallon of tap water - used on 2 pots to water AvT and Blue Mystic
  • Used a bit of the gallon of nutrient water on the 2 new seedlings, along with some plain tap water
  • Continued training and Leaf Tucking on 4AM, just leaf tucking on AvT

Group Shot
IMG-7220.JPG

AvT

IMG-7219.JPG

4AM (before continued LST)

Has the Cal and/or Mag deficiency, yellow leaf tips on lower leaves, spotting on one leaf, streaky leaf discoloration
IMG-7217.JPG

4AM After LST ****(Is my LST method looking ok?)*****

IMG-7223.JPG

Day 8 – BTS
IMG-7221.JPG

Day 25 – Blue Mystic

IMG-7218.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-7222.JPG
    IMG-7222.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 147
Looking good brother! Can i get a side view picture of the 4AM "After LST", from the top view it looks almost perfect, pulling the top down and along the rim of the pot? Looking good!

Have you not started your wet/dry cycle yet? What I mean is watering to runoff, then waiting until the pot is dry, usually you can tell best by weight(I find the knuckle method unreliable), then watering to runoff again. I try and start mine as early as possible. I believe it helps them establish roots in the entire pot easier! I think that was a limiting factor in my first grow.

Looking good brother! Can i get a side view picture of the 4AM "After LST", from the top view it looks almost perfect, pulling the top down and along the rim of the pot? Looking good!

Have you not started your wet/dry cycle yet? What I mean is watering to runoff, then waiting until the pot is dry, usually you can tell best by weight(I find the knuckle method unreliable), then watering to runoff again. I try and start mine as early as possible. I believe it helps them establish roots in the entire pot easier! I think that was a limiting factor in my first grow.

The pots have been going through a wet/dry cycle and getting pretty dry the past couple waterings, but what you said makes sense and I'll try and pick the pot up or maybe even feel the bottom before watering to see if its damp. It seems like there is runoff but I sometimes can't tell whether it's runoff from the actual middle of the pot and not from the sides though I am watering slowly/incrementally...it seems like 1L of water gets the pot pretty damp but is 1L too little for a 5gal pot in your experience?

Thank you! Will take a side pic soon and post it here, yes I have stakes and twisty ties and aiming to have it go around the rim of the pot. I think the top is pulled down low enough but now I cant remember and need to check!

The pots have been going through a wet/dry cycle and getting pretty dry the past couple waterings, but what you said makes sense and I'll try and pick the pot up or maybe even feel the bottom before watering to see if its damp. It seems like there is runoff but I sometimes can't tell whether it's runoff from the actual middle of the pot and not from the sides though I am watering slowly/incrementally...it seems like 1L of water gets the pot pretty damp but is 1L too little for a 5gal pot in your experience?

Thank you! Will take a side pic soon and post it here, yes I have stakes and twisty ties and aiming to have it go around the rim of the pot. I think the top is pulled down low enough but now I cant remember and need to check!

I def think 1L is too little for 5gal. In my experience, you should have to water about 20-30% potsize volume to get 10-20% runoff, which is what is normally aimed for in my understanding. I have 10L pots(2.87 or something gal), and I water with 2.5-3L once I fully start my wet/dry cycle. With my Airpots, I also have to water slowly so it doesn't seep out the sides. But I've improved this side effect by packing the pots different each grow. Didn't even get any leakage out the sides when I prewet the pots with 3L each this time, since I packed the soil tighter around the edge of the pot and looser in the middle. Just about 20% runoff out the bottom, which is my aim. So maybe this time I won't even get any leakage out the sides. I'll see in a few days once I start the cycle on my older plants.

Back