Seed Stockers 4d's Solo Go Go Gelato

4d-Rock

Geo-grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstocker Purple Punch, Silver Lime Haze CBD, BCN Critical
Hey friends! Welcome to my first go at a Solo Cup Grow!

Thanks to @Seedstockers_Mischa and @Seedstockers-Mark for supporting the forums and the community with these events. I'm excited to give these Gelato a try as I've seen some awesome pics around. It's going to be a challenge in a solo cup but I’ll do my best to keep them happy and they will be what they will be

So let’s talk Details

Space
: 2’x3’x4.5’ tent to start, and will graduate to a larger
Lights: Mars Hydro SP150 (135w), adding 55W Homemade AutoCOBs after seedling stage, large tent has 135W HLG QB288, a modified 100w COB light, and another solo 55w homemade AutoCOB. Run at 20/4 schedule
Strains: Seedstockers Gelato 41 Auto
Grow Medium: Pro-mix HP with extra dolomitic lime in solo cup
Nutrients: Megacrop V2, Bud Explosion in flower, CaliMagic if needed
Ventilation: Variable speed inline exhaust fan with Carbon Filter, passive intake, in tent fans for circulation
Environment: shooting for approx 24-26C/60% RH
Water Source: Starts at about 7pH and 60-70ppm. I have an Apera PH60 meter and a cheap ppm meter to keep tabs on inputs, and an Apera Soil Probe to check medium pH

Let's start this off...soaked in a shot glass of water with a dash of hydrogen peroxide and left on my router power brick for 24 hours.
38B9D5E9-2954-4A44-9C24-B0F57D8F5DC8.jpeg

After 24 hours, the seeds were cracked and so they were put in their Solo home's and in the tent they went. I had the pots prepared the day before, pre-soaked with 0.4 g/gal Sea Kelp and 2 g/gal MegaCrop.
E85FFD2B-8350-44F7-8BE7-25D68786EE60.jpeg

2 days later and they were both top side - Day 1
970D95C7-03D2-4A23-9241-DD0B0E54998D.jpeg

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but I'm glad I've got company. Good luck everyone in the Challenge!

Hey friends! Welcome to my first go at a Solo Cup Grow!

Thanks to @Seedstockers_Mischa and @Seedstockers-Mark for supporting the forums and the community with these events. I'm excited to give these Gelato a try as I've seen some awesome pics around. It's going to be a challenge in a solo cup but I’ll do my best to keep them happy and they will be what they will be

So let’s talk Details

Space
: 2’x3’x4.5’ tent to start, and will graduate to a larger
Lights: Mars Hydro SP150 (135w), adding 55W Homemade AutoCOBs after seedling stage, large tent has 135W HLG QB288, a modified 100w COB light, and another solo 55w homemade AutoCOB. Run at 20/4 schedule
Strains: Seedstockers Gelato 41 Auto
Grow Medium: Pro-mix HP with extra dolomitic lime in solo cup
Nutrients: Megacrop V2, Bud Explosion in flower, CaliMagic if needed
Ventilation: Variable speed inline exhaust fan with Carbon Filter, passive intake, in tent fans for circulation
Environment: shooting for approx 24-26C/60% RH
Water Source: Starts at about 7pH and 60-70ppm. I have an Apera PH60 meter and a cheap ppm meter to keep tabs on inputs, and an Apera Soil Probe to check medium pH

Let's start this off...soaked in a shot glass of water with a dash of hydrogen peroxide and left on my router power brick for 24 hours.
View attachment 1312995

After 24 hours, the seeds were cracked and so they were put in their Solo home's and in the tent they went. I had the pots prepared the day before, pre-soaked with 0.4 g/gal Sea Kelp and 2 g/gal MegaCrop.
View attachment 1312996

2 days later and they were both top side - Day 1
View attachment 1312997

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but I'm glad I've got company. Good luck everyone in the Challenge!
Off and running bro and great update

Thanks @St. Tom . I’ll just have to decide by day 10 or so which I wanna keep in the solo. The other I may transplant so don’t want to wait too long. Now the question is...do you select the better growing one or the smaller to stay in the solo...
They’re both starting strong and nearly identical so we’ll see, there may not be a choice to make.

Thanks @St. Tom . I’ll just have to decide by day 10 or so which I wanna keep in the solo. The other I may transplant so don’t want to wait too long. Now the question is...do you select the better growing one or the smaller to stay in the solo...
They’re both starting strong and nearly identical so we’ll see, there may not be a choice to make.
I had a funny one with 3 leaves so I chose to keep that but it's your choice as I've had some solos who started off slow turn into my best ones also if you want you can do a couple and just pick your competition plant at day 30

Alright well life and work has been a bit on the crazy side the last couple weeks so it's been a bit longer than usual from that last update. But I'm back at it and will fill in some of the details.

Things are looking good at Day 6 here. Each of them were getting on the light side so they got 100ml of plain water.
C6808FAE-2F07-48E1-9CA5-7BE7E193E3AF.jpeg

Looking really great at Day 11 here. Adding 100ml again every other day and was thinking of starting mild feeds soon
D583EFB9-5CE9-463B-8C4D-FDC47DEA117C.jpeg

But things are starting to go a bit sideways now on Day 13. Really starting to droop and the lower leaves are discolouring quickly with necrosis setting in.
40360702-FC7C-41C6-BD6A-76517C8115E0.jpeg

I had given a small feed of 100ml at 2g/gal Megacrop to hopefully slow this down but its not seeming to have any affect so far. I may have overwatered a bit or possibly somethings off pH wise? Hoping to get this under control or else this is going to be a quick challenge for me!

Thanks for stopping in guys.

They do seem to be perking up slightly after leaving them a couple days. The lower leaves are definitely sacrificial for the error and will be clipped in the next few days.

@Seedstockers-Mark I hadn't watered to run-off yet. It's something I normally do once a plant is more established, but I guess in a solo cup I should be doing that a bit sooner. I'll do that on my next watering.

I haven't checked pH yet, it was just a guess, but my input water is around 6.5. I'll bring it down a bit for my feeds and check the medium pH with my soil probe in the next day or so.

So following that last update things continued to look worse for the Gelato’s.
Here they are on day 16, a few days after that last update
9AC0F310-D3CD-486F-9380-581410EF5ADC.jpeg

The lower leaves were dry and crinkly. Those got clipped off and I ended up doing a heavier watering for each at 2g/gal MC (300ppm) at a pH of about 5.8. The Runoffs were showing high ppm and very low ph. About 500-700ppm and 4.8-5.2 pH. While the higher ppm wasn’t surprising since the pH was out of range, I was expecting the pH to be on the high end since all my plain waterings were going in around 6.7. No idea why it did such a nose dive.
In any case, I ended up giving both about 500ml of the mix to help get things back on track.

A couple days later things are looking like they are recovering.
694F63EB-C7EA-4FDD-B086-88CBE1C11D82.jpeg

A bit on the lime green side but they have perked up and the leaves aren’t dying off so I’ll take it.
They received another 250ml each at 3g:gal MC 520ppm/6.3 PH. The runoff is around where it should be for ppm but pH is still on the low side. I’ll keep my inputs a bit higher and see how things turn out.

I was originally going to top but I’m not so sure anymore with the problems they had. Probably best to let them fully recover and let them grow on their own.

Full tent pic
CB0D9721-3B66-46D9-A152-270CA60B776A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back