A classic example of...........???

FullMoonparty

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour Stomper by Mephisto
Here's one you have probably seen a thousand times. Too Much / too little (circle one please). of __________________ . (fill in the blank).
Mothman = CMD x Blackstrap. Grown in Autopots with a light potting mix, added vermiculite, and a light dose of Grow dots. (Time released fertilizer mixed in the medium, I keep normal and pretty consistent temps and humidity. Mid to high 70's and RH around 60% most of the time. Most of the other plants that are in the same environment are healthy. @Mossy Having Blackstrap and CMD in her I'm thinking she's hungry for calcium. OR is she burnt. I only top fed two times a few weeks ago with an organic nutrient containing calcium and magnesium. They are on day 57. What if anything can be done at this point? I have been top watering with fresh RO water instead of feeding this week. @Bob's Auto's @BCBudlady @FullDuplex ??
20231126_182742.jpg
20231126_182654.jpg

This looks like a Magnesium deficiency. I would recommend you give a foliar spray, add one teaspoon Magnesium Sulfate to a gallon of water. And soak the plants from top to bottom and don't forget the underside of the leaves.
Goodluck :toke:

That is a Phosphorous problem.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

Phosphorous is locked out by Calcium so you either have too much calcium or not enough P, since to plants are in to flower I would guess you need to add some P to a balanced feed, Unless you know you added to much Ca?

Edit: the plants look overall hungry.

Grown in Autopots with a light potting mix, added vermiculite, and a light dose of Grow dots
What size pots? What's your PPFD and hours/DLI?

Growing solely in decent organic soil only, shouldn't even show deficiencies like that at <60 days if using 4 gallons+ and watering appropriately, in your conditions :pass:
Mid to high 70's and RH around 60% most of the time

That is a Phosphorous problem.

View attachment 1649456

Phosphorous is locked out by Calcium so you either have too much calcium or not enough P, since to plants are in to flower I would guess you need to add some P to a balanced feed, Unless you know you added to much Ca?

Edit: the plants look overall hungry.
I didn't use CalMag. I only fed them with a compost tea once a week for the last three weeks.
The Grow Dots are a time release fertilizer "designed for cannabis" , however I don't think that they had autoflowers in mind when they developed the timing. I'm not sure the time release fertilizer in in sync with the lifespan of autoflowers.
Since I didn't knowingly add calcium i'm thinking we need to add phosphorus. What is a good source of P that the plants could take up readily? The other cultivars, all auto's, are pretty much healthy. Maybe some need less nutrients than others.
I'm finding out that the less inputs that I put into the soil in the beginning makes it easier to fix mistakes. KISS!

What size pots? What's your PPFD and hours/DLI?

Growing solely in decent organic soil only, shouldn't even show deficiencies like that at <60 days if using 4 gallons+ and watering appropriately, in your conditions :pass:
5 gal fabric pot in autopot system. I top water a few times a week to keep things moist. They're under an unknown PPFD/DLI but I keep the light at a little bit less than the manufacturers recommended power and distances. I'm thinking we need to add Phosphorous as @Mañ'O'Green suggested.
Here is the other Moth Man. Much larger and definitely showing the Blackstrap flower expression. Not as hungry either. 
20231126_183347.jpg
20231126_183314.jpg

I didn't use CalMag. I only fed them with a compost tea once a week for the last three weeks.
The Grow Dots are a time release fertilizer "designed for cannabis" , however I don't think that they had autoflowers in mind when they developed the timing. I'm not sure the time release fertilizer in in sync with the lifespan of autoflowers.
Since I didn't knowingly add calcium i'm thinking we need to add phosphorus. What is a good source of P that the plants could take up readily? The other cultivars, all auto's, are pretty much healthy. Maybe some need less nutrients than others.
I'm finding out that the less inputs that I put into the soil in the beginning makes it easier to fix mistakes. KISS!
What is in your teas? Calcium can be in a lot of things, you are most likely short on P then. You really need to add a balanced feed that is high in P-K. Just trying to feed one element can cause an out of balance situation fast in a pot of soil.

I have seen both good and bad grow dot grows I don't know how to fix a time release problem.

Ask @WildBill or @Fermented_Fruitz what kind of P-K booster they are using!

You may find this helpful.

What is in your teas? Calcium can be in a lot of things, you are most likely short on P then. You really need to add a balanced feed that is high in P-K. Just trying to feed one element can cause an out of balance situation fast in a pot of soil.

I have seen both good and bad grow dot grows I don't know how to fix a time release problem.

Ask @WildBill or @Fermented_Fruitz what kind of P-K booster they are using!

You may find this helpful.

Don't know about @Fermented_Fruitz but as far as I know @WildBill is using Build a Soil Build a Bloom 2-10-5, Terp Tea's Bloom 3-7-4, and Bloom Booster .5-6-18. At least that's what he's told me and is what I am using in my earth boxes:toke::d5:

Back