Seed Bank All My Seed Buying Experiences

@Son of Hobbes I've grown black strap twice now. Hands down my favorite strain ever. I got it at seed cellar in Jackson MI. I am so impressed that I went to brother mendels site and just ordered some dark jedi.
Great write up!

Hey all,

I placed my first order for seeds about this time last year. I have since went full off the wagon and have a pelican case of goodies for years and years to come with my set up. I thought I would share all of my seed buying experiences all in this one thread. I will update the few orders I have pending as soon as I am able.

420 Seeds UK- My first seed order. I didn’t understand what autos were or the difference. I didn’t know many official strains or any info. I thought I had to order from overseas and ended up ordering a 5 pack of feminized Grand Daddy Purple seeds along with their discrete shipping, it was about $80-$90 for order. It took about a month but I received a CD in the mail with the 5 pack of seeds and 2 free White Widow fems. So all in all, they came through but I am so glad that all my other listed banks I have tried are stateside. I actually gave away the 2 White Widow seeds to another grower and have yet to grow the GDP or any photo periods at this point. One day and I am sure they will be great. I paid with CC

Cropking Seeds- Once I learned of autoflowering plants and the faster turnaround I didn’t even wait for my first order of the GDP seeds to arrive, another google search took me to Cropking Seeds where I drooled over pictures of their autoflower pictures for the Blueberry X Big Devil and ended up buying a 5 pack of them and a 5 pack of White Widow auto flowers. Shipping was stateside and I got it in about 5-6 days from order. These two along with a 3rd plant made up my first grow. The BBD and WW both did amazing and yielded +4 oz each of great bud. I don’t remember pricing but I don’t think it was too bad. I don’t know why these guys get a bad rap but I see a lot of discouraging comments from people about these guys and usually its from people who never bought or grown their gear. I know they want you to go by their germination process if you want to collect on a warranty of any type. I was 100% so far with the ones I tried. They threw in 2 extra of each seed. I paid with CC

Master Sensei Genetics- So like any new hobby, you seek out forums and Facebook Groups. I ran into a grow group on Facebook called Grow Talk. I didn’t realize how the menu system works lol but ended up getting a menu and much to my surprise, the place is US based, had a lot of different good sounding autoflower seeds and offered a 10 pack that you could do up to 5 strains. So that really appealed to me with a small tent, I don’t need 7 seeds as I prefer variety. The first MSG plant I tried was on my first grow with the two Cropking plants. It was Banana Durban. Half way into the grow, I made sure to purchase entire MSG menu and stay on top of getting all his new stuff. So I’ve placed probably 6 orders, all through Facebook messenger and paying via PayPal. The tricky part is Kyle at MSG does take like 5-10 days to reply to your messages and sending new message before that bumps you to back of list as he goes from oldest to newest. So with just alittle patience, once you pay it ships out right away via USPS. You get 2 extra freebie seeds with a 10 pack. He usually picks which you get extra of unless you ask. Paid w/ PayPal

North Atlantic Seed Co- I found NASC being mentioned in groups and it was exactly what I was looking for. I really really wanted some Fastbuds and they wouldn’t ship to US. I also wanted stuff in official breeder packs and not just tiny bags with coded titles. I placed my first order and when it shipped within 24 hours, arrived in 3 days and came with awesome extras I knew I was going to be in trouble. My first order they through in 3 #1 Skunk autos (some of best I have grown). I just checked and I have placed 6 orders with them. Always shipped promptly, always nice extras and their inventory of auto breeders is expanding. I paid via CC invoice sent. They get the most money not spent at Mephisto award lol

Green Grass Seeds- I was in a group and started as thread pretty much asking for Must have auto strains. Someone chimed in and mentioned Orange Bubblegum and Twisted Menagerie by Twisted Tree autoflowers. A google search took me to Green Grass Seeds. I purchased the two strains mentioned. They shipped out very fast and came with a Twisted Tree mystery seed and each pack had an extra (6 in a 5 pack). I place second order for my Twisted Tree packs along with some SoFem autos and a pack from Captain Redbeards. Again fast shipping, freebies on this one weren’t hot. It was two Russian Auto Fuel regular auto seeds. Gave those away as I don’t have room to mess with non feminized seeds. I still check site and would buy from again. Paid via PayPal I believe or CC

Twisted Tree Autoflowers- At some point along the way I found out that Twisted Tree sells direct and something I wanted from them was out of stock at Green Grass Seeds. I believe it was their Alien Moonrocks *OMG its so good!!* so I placed an order for them and some Mulled and Twisted. Packs are $5 cheaper each but shipping is more expensive so its really about which one has what you want and how many packs you are getting. The only freebies included were the one extra per pack like you get from them everywhere. I just got newsletter this week about new strain called Newberry auto. I went their site over weekend and bought 4 packs (Newberry, Lost Elephant, Nova OG and Twisted Cookies. I got tracking Monday and it was in postal system on Tuesday. Still haven’t gotten as that is today lol but I anticipate my order with 1 freebie in each pack. I paid via CC

207 Genetics- 207 Genetics has such a following online because of their generous freebies and their fast shipping. I didn’t have any interest in their own genetics as much but they did have a couple brands that NASC didn’t have. I placed on order for Cali Connection Deadhead OG auto along with some seeds from Royal Queen seeds and Sweet Seeds. They sent me a total of 7 freebies (3 – 207 Amnesia autos, 2 – 207 Northern Lights autos and 2- 207 Purple Tangie autos) They did ship within 48 hours but USPS took their time. Not 207’s fault. Paid with CC

Maggie’s Auto Farm- Now on a quest for every deserving auto seed make it in my now vast collection, you will hear of Maggie’s and her auto pounders. These I almost gave up on getting. With no website to order from, you had to join their Facebook group. Their group was private and you had to be invited by a member. I friended two separate people, one of them being one of the owners and still couldn’t get in for some reason. Their group shutdown and ended up reopening a 2.0 group which I did get in. At the time of new group, the only auto they had in stock was Heaven’s Blue Dream. I bought the single pack off Maggie via Messenger and paid via PayPal. I want to say I bought a 3 pack and received 6. When next menu came out I stocked up on all remaining strains I didn’t have. Again ordered through messenger and paid via PayPal. This order came with a bunch of extras in each pack along with a random 5 pack of autos.

Mephisto Genetics- You can’t search for auto greatness and not be bombarded with recommendations for Mephisto Genetics. But you can definitely search high and wide and not actually find the genetics themselves lol. At the time I was hunting, no one had anything in stock but their Canna-cheese CBD packs and I guess since they were only ones in stock everywhere, it kinds of turned me off on them and I didn’t ever buy. But in my searching I read about them planning to release a new illuminatos series in a drop and offer in a bundle. I got successfully checked out and while it did take like week to ship, it was during Covid and holidays and USPS said hold my beer. It took about a month for package to make it across the country. Again, not Mephistos fault. The freebies were off the charts. Each pack had an extra and it came with like 15 freebies of 3 different crosses. One of them (Samsquach OG X Forum Stomper) I am smoking on right now and its amazing. I have placed a total of 7 orders since then. All of them on Monday drops. I always pay via CC, Freebies always massive. Ive actually had my order ship within 24 hours the last two drops I got in on. They get the Most Freebies Award

DC Seed Exchange- Now investigating all of Mephisto’s gear, I really really needed some Crème De la Chem. I found a 7 pack at DC Seed Exchange and placed my order. I believe I had to download an app I never used like Zelle to complete purchase. They took a couple days to ship and it came with no freebies at all and was first Mephisto pack that had exact count of pack (7). They did what I needed them to do. Nothing more and nothing less, so if I needed a pack they had I would use them again.

Harvest Mutual- Another seedbank I discovered in search for Mephisto genetics. I missed out on the Pink Panama drop and felt like I couldn’t go on without them lol I ended up finding them at Harvest Mutual thanks to a restock post I ran into . I want to say I paid via CC or possibly cash app. I have never not paid with CC in one form or another. They shipped out in a couple days and my order came with 2 freebie In House Genetics photos. While I might be bummed normally to get free photos with auto order, In House stealer rep and I am glad to have.

TreeStar- Another seedbank I went into due to Mephisto packs. A restock post lead me to this site where they had Northern Cheese Haze, a strain I never saw available anywhere else. Bought pack and paid via CC on a Monday. On Tuesday I got email asking for copy of drivers license, credit card and a basic statement saying I give them permission to charge my card. I politely declined and requested order be canceled if that was needed. I got a tracking number that Thursday, got a reply to my email the following Tuesday saying order would ship. Tracking still hasn’t updated and I am now 8 days from order. Can’t say freebies yet or how long till USPS actually has box but I will update. (UPDATE): Ok this order is now complete. I ordered on a Monday, they shipped 8 days later the following Tuesday and I got on Thursday. There was a TreeStar Face mask, a pin, some stickers and 3 Fire Farms Berry Wreck Photo Regulars as freebies.

Puff Puff Pass- I would occasionally hear of people say PPP or Puff Puff Pass as having fire autos and occasionally I would see a monster picture and see PPP. So one day I sought out their website and I thought that every cross they had at the time sounded good and their prices are very good. I bought 5 packs off site and paid via some form of CC app like Cash app I believe. A couple days went by and my order still didn’t show paid so I sent an email. That day it was updated to paid and I got a tracking number. That tracking number didn’t update for around 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks I sent a couple unanswered emails. I was giving it a month before doing a chargeback but it did come and freebie was a 6th full pack of Hulk Pebbles which was out of stock when I ordered so I was siked about that. I still haven’t grown any of them yet but soon. They got a whole new menu and they all look good to me again and I actually had 5 packs in a cart and I had to ask myself if I really want to do that again. Lol I closed the browser and haven’t gone back yet. But that was only a couple days ago. They get longest to ship award.

RocBudInc- I really have been wanting to try RocBuds Genetics and only seedbanks I could find that stock them, all want you to give them copy of card, id, etc like TreeStar did only they tell you up front. Well somehow I didn’t realize they have drops directly. I signed up for newsletter and found out they were having a drop last Wednesday night for new strain called Blueberry Slushy. Much like Mephisto’s drops, I was there on time, had for kinds in cart, lots of glitching and had to pair down to two before finally checking out successfully. I took screenshots of payment info like total and cash app address and not my order number. I didn’t get the order confirmation email till days later. I ended up paying cash app amount and putting my name in cash app memo. They hearted my cash app so I am hoping it all gets matched up. I did sent a couple emails and to date I have not gotten a reply and no tracking. I have no log in for the site so I can’t see any status updates and don’t know if I will just get in mail or what. They have another drop tomorrow and I really want to pick up a few of their MAC auto crosses and probably will try. I don’t think they are going to burn me so its just a patience game. Not my favorite thing to do but when you want the fire, you got to do what you gotta do lol. I will update this one with how it turns out, freebies, etc..

Brother Mendel’s- So I honestly am coming to an end buying new genetics but I kept hearing about Brother Mendel’s autos and I really wanted to try their collaboration with Mandalorian called Black Strap. I saw on Facebook they were having some freebie promotion and contacted them on Facebook for a menu. I chose a pack of Blackstrap and a pack of Baby Yoda OG. Paid via PayPal invoice sent. It was 5 packs not 3 packs but it was expensive. It was $75 per 5 pack and then $18 shipping for total of $168 Ouch! I got contacted this morning about order and was told it would go out tomorrow. I will update on speed they actually shipped along with freebies when they come. (UPDATE) I thought I got a message saying it would go out tomorrow but he must have said it would arrive tomorrow because I came home to box today! I was so shocked when I realized what order it was I dug the box out to see if they overnighted it lol. It was 2 day Priority mail and I guess they shipped ASAP on Monday and USPS did what they are supposed to! I ordered 5 Yoda OG 2 autos and 5 Blackstrap autos with promise of extra freebies. My 5 pack of Yoda OG had 8 in it, my 5 pack of Blackstrap had 7 in it, there was a free pack of 2 mystery mix autos and a 3 pack of Thank you Berry Much autos. So all in all I ordered over the weekend, they shipped Monday, I received Wednesday. I got a total of 10 free seeds of 4 varieties or possibly 5 due to mystery seeds. That helps with the price a lot IMO. I am impressed, can't wait to try the genetics!

Second City Genetics- I placed order with guys at Second City Genetics by asking for a menu off their Facebook group. They had a Night Owl drop and I wanted to try them out. I ordered via Facebook messenger and paid via Cash App. They shipped next day. I thought it was really weird that they shipped out via UPS ground. That and full Second City Genetics in return address might not be idea for some. Either geographically or with wives, etc.. lol There were no freebies included with order.

Space Monkey Genetics- I got to know the owner of Space Monkey Genetics on Facebook before he started his seedbank so when I saw his first packs for sale, I snagged up a pack of his Sunset Skunk. These were regular photos, no something I really would want normally but I wanted to support and it does sound good. He threw in an entire pack of regular autos Iceman as freebie. This more of a friend hook up and again regular seeds to me not the best but generous. Not too long after his menu got some feminized autos and I placed another order. Both orders through Facebook messenger and paid via PayPal or Cash app. Can’t remember. Second order came with a couple extras of each kind in packs and shipped fast. They only have 5 fem autos on current menu. If they get more, I will get.

SoFem Genetics- So I was on Facebook and ran across a post shared about SoFem having a sale. I had some SoFem growing I got from Green Grass Seeds and decided to message and see whats what. They had like a buy 3 packs get one free sale. I chose the 4 packs I wanted and paid via PayPal. In addition to entire extra pack as part of sale, they include a couple of feminized photo freebies too. They shipped within 48 hours. Nothing but good to say about them and their genetics.
That is some great Canadian and north American strains my man. WHAT a seed journey. ✌️

What a well thought out thread. You make me want to seek out some of these breeders to try their seeds.

Back