All NON US buyer's read This!

That just got you a Plus Rep slap and a Star badge from me..Thank You @Equatorial [HASHTAG]#memberpower[/HASHTAG] at it's Finest .... :bravo: and Thank you [HASHTAG]#greenleaf nutrients[/HASHTAG]
for being a Responsive Vendor.

Star, Star , Star badge ? I am a Star :rofl:

I don't see my Star badge :biggrin:

I would just delete this thread now ,it's been aired , fought over and discussed ,now is the time to put it to bed :thumbsup:

My tuppence:toke:

I'm glad if I Helped somebody..
I wouldnt dele it,but @Mossy can lock it.

Thank you guys so much for the nice words and @Mossy you know I like my bling! Thank you!

The OP don't have no malice in mind if you ask me. Staying safe is priority for us all. I would totally freak if i felt I had a close shave with the law. This thread can and will help future non US greenleaf customers. So i second keeping it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see my Star badge :biggrin:

Hmm...is your name @Equatorial ....?............:pighug:

I'm glad if I Helped somebody..
I wouldnt dele it,but @Mossy can lock it.

The OP don't have no malice in mind if you ask me. Staying safe is priority for us all. I would totally freak if i felt I had a close shave with the law. This thread can and will help future non US greenleaf customers. So i second keeping it!

I don't Think @CoviklaFlaire started it out of malice...:headbang:...but I was coming back in to ask if he had contacted @Greenleaf Nutrients ..to hear what response he got..

Sometimes Stoners don't get the Best Customer Service because either they don't complain..or they go in f-ing and blind-ing...if we put our point over well sometimes we can persuade the Vendor to respond.

I'll close the thread for now...then decide what we need to do with it later.

The only problem I See in the photo is the cannabis leaf needs removed from the logo..then it reads like any other garden fert label used for import reasons...

Am I right @CoviklaFlaire ......or is there anything else I'm Missing in the photo...?

The point is WHY put a marijuana leaf on a package. We know what we are buying and why we are buying it, advertising as a canna product on packaging is just superfluous and ultimately bad for business. You notice on the MegaCrop bag that they use willow leaf in their actual logo watermark. Yes, I am responsible for my own security but if we want to spread the gospel of this plant we gotta help each other out instead of playing the every man for himself game.

Likely because the cannabis industry is only progressing, not regressing and product branding is nothing new (and now in many places can finally be celebrated and enjoyed to some capacity!) We had a marijuana leaf on our old logo. Our new logo is a set of trichome in a crown. Our website is called "The Autoflower Network." If we ever sent a t-shirt to someone on here, it probably had a pot leaf on it at some point in time. Ever been to a trade expo before? Tremendous amounts of products are made just for cannabis, geared towards cannabis, branded with cannabis, etc. Just read a report that over 40% registered cannabis businesses in the USA use a logo image with the traditional cannabis leaf on it. I get your sentiment towards it, but it seems like a losing battle when everyone is EXCITED to finally brand with pot. And that's not to say these aren't valid fears/concerns as consumers in non legal states, but seems incredibly circumstantial. If there was writing on the outside of the box that said "use for cannabis cultivation," there'd be a credible argument, but if it's on the inside? What responsibility is it of a company to help you, a quote unquote, illegal grower?

Have you guys been to Greenleaf's website? I'm looking at the product description for Megacrop, they show the pot leaf right in the description of what's in it (and I'm not an assumptions kind of guy, but maybe would have it been safe to assume something with that branding might have come with your package being branded the same way?)

MClowres.png

In fact, in every picture it looks like they are talking about max budding sites, resin, and terpenes. And the pot leaf in the last one.

Did you see them on Amazon? Same pictures with the pot leaf.

I don't think anyone here is trying to take a shit on security or safety and I'd like to think we're probably all in agreement that, legal or not, the outer packaging of products (the box they ship in, plastic, etc,) should probably not have cannabis indicative markings on it (even in Colorado, people will steal your shit and neighbors aren't always cool with pot.) But you don't write Playboy magazine about including 30 loose ad leaflets in a magazine you ONLY bought for the articles, do you? And that comes in a covered plastic sleeve (so I've heard from other people.) How dare they send me smut offers in my smut I bought for the articles. :crying::cheers: If a cultivation company partners with another company and includes promo information about that companies products (and it's geared towards cannabis,) is that cause to get on here and raise cain? :shrug:

You know the risks of growing wherever you are (and if you don't, you need educate yourselves, that's not our job nor our responsibility.) If you're growing in places where people are going to rifle through your mail, don't blame companies because of YOUR strict, circumstantial conditions that don't seem to apply to the majority, or at the least, knowing that risk, not having taken the initiative yourself to ensure it's being handle properly for your situation.

And @CoviklaFlaire , please temper your anger before posting on here. You didn't need to call out a vendor on here because you didn't handle your situation correctly.

This thread will not be deleted, cheers.

I completely understand, I guess my point is that if we want the canna industry to mature and evolve beyond it's illicit stoner history and become mainstream - its going to have to be consumer driven.

I want to live in a world where housewives and off duty cops feel comfortable lighting up at a cocktail party. In order to get there it's up to all of us to try to reimage the culture a little.

If we don't push from below, we all know that corporations and governments are going to be branding cannabis from above.

Likely because the cannabis industry is only progressing, not regressing and product branding is nothing new (and now in many places can finally be celebrated and enjoyed to some capacity!) We had a marijuana leaf on our old logo. Our new logo is a set of trichome in a crown. Our website is called "The Autoflower Network." If we ever sent a t-shirt to someone on here, it probably had a pot leaf on it at some point in time. Ever been to a trade expo before? Tremendous amounts of products are made just for cannabis, geared towards cannabis, branded with cannabis, etc. Just read a report that over 40% registered cannabis businesses in the USA use a logo image with the traditional cannabis leaf on it. I get your sentiment towards it, but it seems like a losing battle when everyone is EXCITED to finally brand with pot. And that's not to say these aren't valid fears/concerns as consumers in non legal states, but seems incredibly circumstantial. If there was writing on the outside of the box that said "use for cannabis cultivation," there'd be a credible argument, but if it's on the inside? What responsibility is it of a company to help you, a quote unquote, illegal grower?

Have you guys been to Greenleaf's website? I'm looking at the product description for Megacrop, they show the pot leaf right in the description of what's in it (and I'm not an assumptions kind of guy, but maybe would have it been safe to assume something with that branding might have come with your package being branded the same way?)

MClowres.png

In fact, in every picture it looks like they are talking about max budding sites, resin, and terpenes. And the pot leaf in the last one.

Did you see them on Amazon? Same pictures with the pot leaf.

I don't think anyone here is trying to take a shit on security or safety and I'd like to think we're probably all in agreement that, legal or not, the outer packaging of products (the box they ship in, plastic, etc,) should probably not have cannabis indicative markings on it (even in Colorado, people will steal your shit and neighbors aren't always cool with pot.) But you don't write Playboy magazine about including 30 loose ad leaflets in a magazine you ONLY bought for the articles, do you? And that comes in a covered plastic sleeve (so I've heard from other people.) How dare they send me smut offers in my smut I bought for the articles. :crying::cheers: If a cultivation company partners with another company and includes promo information about that companies products (and it's geared towards cannabis,) is that cause to get on here and raise cain? :shrug:

You know the risks of growing wherever you are (and if you don't, you need educate yourselves, that's not our job nor our responsibility.) If you're growing in places where people are going to rifle through your mail, don't blame companies because of YOUR strict, circumstantial conditions that don't seem to apply to the majority, or at the least, knowing that risk, not having taken the initiative yourself to ensure it's being handle properly for your situation.

And @CoviklaFlaire , please temper your anger before posting on here. You didn't need to call out a vendor on here because you didn't handle your situation correctly.

This thread will not be deleted, cheers.

Great post. Interesting to get some insight in to the industry and its marketing. Still such early days for sure. I expect we'll being seeing billboards on highways in Canada very soon (we go legal nationally in a couple of weeks) with canna leaves, high bag appeal buds and seeds etc.

There are a lot of legal dispensaries getting ready for grand openings. But its interesting as of today they still can't advertise much if at all. I was expecting to see ads all over the place about grand openings. If I owned anything like that, I'd want to get my marketing going before the official legal date just to get my brand name out there to the public beforehand. I suspect the government didn't allow that. But once we're legal, I expect to see billboard for buds just like we see them for suds and liquor all over the place now.

I want to live in a world where housewives and off duty cops feel comfortable lighting up at a cocktail party. In order to get there it's up to all of us to try to reimage the culture a little.

Hey that's fair enough. You DESERVE that. Everyone does. And it's a real thing (already happening!) I just don't think it's the branding of products that's making lawmakers not want to make positive changes. It's dumb shits in the news blowing themselves up making BHO in their kitchen. It's the black market sellers that are renting homes and destroying other peoples hard earned investments. It's people even here in Colorado, that throw thousands of seeds next to the river for illegal harvests for the black market (why sell weed legally for $600/lb and when you can sell it illegally for over $3,000/lb?)

We're trying to positively reimage cannabis even here in Colorado (where despite being legal, many many people are NOT okay with it, including lawmakers and politicians.) We just adopted a few miles of highway outside my town (volunteer work) to clean up trash, shitty diapers, used drug needles, and other shit like that, on behalf of the Autoflower Network. We're doing what other people won't do (and they are going to give us a nice sign that has our name on it too.) Operation Compassionate Care reached out to us this last winter about a 60+ year old Army Ranger that worked at the CannaGrow Expo I went to last year in Denver, dude got fired from his job for pissing hot after an accident (cannabis.) We raised hundreds of dollars for this complete stranger (old enough to be my dad) that I've never met before (and that was awesome!) That was cannabis community right there! We live in a small town with a veterans memorial, our mayor and memorial keeper are both pro-cannabis and we've been talking to them about AFN and how we can help out the town, try to help the memorial, etc. Veterans + cannabis = healing. And nearly everyone can do things like this. Start small, start local.

Change comes through the people on the ground floor, not corporate branding (that just makes the jumpsuits and t-shirts look cool.)

Great post. Interesting to get some insight in to the industry and its marketing. Still such early days for sure. I expect we'll being seeing billboards on highways in Canada very soon (we go legal nationally in a couple of weeks) with canna leaves, high bag appeal buds and seeds etc.

There are a lot of legal dispensaries getting ready for grand openings. But its interesting as of today they still can't advertise much if at all. I was expecting to see ads all over the place about grand openings. If I owned anything like that, I'd want to get my marketing going before the official legal date just to get my brand name out there to the public beforehand. I suspect the government didn't allow that. But once we're legal, I expect to see billboard for buds just like we see them for suds and liquor all over the place now.

There's a gas station here (I thought maybe @Eekman had a picture of it) that was called like Gas n' Grass or something, a gas station dispensary. Advertising for cannabis is still a crap shoot in many regards; most social platforms won't allow you to take out ads (even for advocacy, some friends are running MoCannaCon in Missouri and posted awhile back that Facebook denied their paid advertisement trying to promote the conference (and it's just an educational seminar.) Google AdWords doesn't play friendly with cannabis. But if you drive into most of the big cities here, you'll see billboards and ads all over for dispensaries here. There are industry nights where industry workers get together for drinks, smoke, dabs, etc. There are private venues where you can smoke inside (we went to the DudeGrows DGC Cup, that was in a fancy-made warehouse.)

20180414_191437.jpg

Wow, i've never felt more Swiss lol. Everyone has made great points here and I feel both are equally right. I dont know which way to fall off the fence here. I must agree with at then end of the day you are the only 1 responsible for your safety. Anyone that has seen enough of my post know I just dont deal with customs. I miss out on many breeders cause they ship from outside the US. I dont blame the breeders for my location. On the other hand if I was in charge of the shipping department of a cannabis related company I would not include anything other than product outside of my country. They could simply send email this day and age. Both side have something to learn here I think. Sometimes we learn more in failure than success. Not calling this a failure, but an excellent learning experience for all who read this. As long as something positive can come from this, whether buyer beware or some thought past the sale we all should be on the same team in the end.

Last edited:
I was just
Hmm...is your name @Equatorial ....?............:pighug:

I don't Think @CoviklaFlaire started it out of malice...:headbang:...but I was coming back in to ask if he had contacted @Greenleaf Nutrients ..to hear what response he got..

Sometimes Stoners don't get the Best Customer Service because either they don't complain..or they go in f-ing and blind-ing...if we put our point over well sometimes we can persuade the Vendor to respond.

I'll close the thread for now...then decide what we need to do with it later.

The only problem I See in the photo is the cannabis leaf needs removed from the logo..then it reads like any other garden fert label used for import reasons...

Am I right @CoviklaFlaire ......or is there anything else I'm Missing in the photo...?

I dont know how could anybody think that.. I 've been A member since 2015, As you know (but I can bet you dont remember) I had to change my name and avatar due some security problems ( i had raided house) and I had pretty stand up appearance around here, and I love This forum ,and peeps on it.. My post was to warn other people and reach Greenleaf, to think a little before sending such a stuff.. Dude If I order fert's from web, thru the mail, shipping to some balkan country , and we contacted few time here , on other forums and Ig, I think they should know better.. But HEy.. Whats done its done..
I didn't get police visit, still growing still free..
:pass::bighug:

Thank you for Understanding..

:vibes::peace::peace::pimp:

Back