Gnome Automatics Anvil ????

The right plastic is a nessesity. I'm still running with the same film from back in 2005. (wow! 15 years! I'm getting old.) I'm planning on changing it this year as i think that it is getting old enough to be effecting the UV transmision negativly.

Attachments

• 10-28-2005 upload 028 1.jpg
    10-28-2005 upload 028 1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 20190829_175110_HDR.jpg
    20190829_175110_HDR.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 202
:woohoo1::vibe::woohoo1: -- year 2, it's gonna be sooo phaaa-aaat! :d5: What do you have for strains this time FD?
...BTW, I will mail you a toxic spider if you don't 'fess up to what happened to the Durban Poison - :rofl:
Did you submit any of last season's bud for testing?

The right plastic is a nessesity. I'm still running with the same film from back in 2005. (wow! 15 years! I'm getting old.) I'm planning on changing it this year as i think that it is getting old enough to be effecting the UV transmision negativly.
:eek1: wow, 15 years it's lasted? That's amazing man, not even storm damaged? ... You should tell the company that sells it, they'd be over the moon I bet!

Update on my Anvil. My oldest Anvil is at about 90 days (I'm letting seeds mature). It is far superior to any auto I have grown . It is the first auto I have seen with real dense bud and bag appeal. I have two different colored verities growing (3 females and a male). One is extremely dark purple, the others are much lighter (but younger). I'm more than impressed with these plants. Besides being tight budded monsters, I have seen Powdering Mildew on all the plants in my tent except for the ANVIL's. (I was running to cool (70) with the humidity to high)

I flipped a few photo's to flower last week, just so I can hit them with this male. My goal with the photo's is to get F1's that are 2 weeks earlier than the mothers normal harvest, as I have found that to be a new FAST cross that some of the big seed breeders are making. And 2 weeks is a big deal here in Michigan. Hoping to make Photo's that are ready for end of September harvest.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:for ANVIL !!!

Last edited:
:woohoo1::vibe::woohoo1: -- year 2, it's gonna be sooo phaaa-aaat! :d5: What do you have for strains this time FD?
...BTW, I will mail you a toxic spider if you don't 'fess up to what happened to the Durban Poison - :rofl:
Did you submit any of last season's bud for testing?
I hope so mate, I’m hoping for a longer summer. Last year the rain set in early. The entire year was heavy moisture levels here. From the freak snow in feb (we don’t get snow here and we got 15”) to the tornado ( last one in WA was in the 70’s) and it landed a mile from the house, I hope for the best.
This year is an interesting one. First part of the season will be all auto. Start them mid April. And see how they fare. Then the photos while they finish, cherry OG, the white, runtz, wedding cake, lemon cheesecake and MAC #1. Mac and the runtz are going in the hugle culture bed. MAC was sourced locally as well as the cheese cake. The rest are Santa Cruz cuts, got me a friend down there now.

ahh the Durban, she couldnt finish here un assisted. I got a wee taste but that was about it. She needs assistance in my region fooooor surrrre. However she was cloned. Licorice and a touch of pepper were her terps and she was a tomahawk. Her translation is coming out well in the forge. She’s a 90-100 day auto but leans heavy on the sativa side so I’ll accept it. I’m about to get the f2 tested to see her terps. She’s seeded so I won’t go for potency yet.
No testing from last season, that’s my head stash stuff. I didn’t select anything because I was just learning the environment. This year I know what to expect for the worse so I can prep for it. There will be some new crosses coming from in there this year. I’ve got to make something new.

oh go check out the dragon blog. Just posted some updates specifically on Bobby’s.

I just pulled my male out of the auto tent and moved him in with the photo periods (The Doctor -Green House Seeds, Island Punch - Cali-Conection, Wedding Cake - Original Seed Junky Cut).

He's getting old and tired, but I snapped a picture of him while he was out of his tent (grown with a cheap blurple amazon light - not good for pictures).

Anvil F6 male 2-25-2020.jpg

I’ve got an anvil here that’s on day 94 with no amber trichs, what’s the usual timeline? they seem to take awhile, should I expect any Amber I let my first one go for 90 days and cut her down being impatient and i regret that so I want to let this one go for as long as needed just didn’t expect this

I run my tent 24/0 so my plants tend to finish a little earlier, but Anvil typically go about 85 days for me. I have two girls sharing a 3 gallon at 50 days. they will need at least 40 more days, so 90+ is not out of the ordinary. Yes, my Anvils did amber up, but I usually take them at all cloudy with a few amber, as this is a heavy strain to begin with.
While they take a bit more time, the buds really fill out and yield is impressive for amount of medium/pot size.

Back