Anyone know where to get free pollen?

Witness CopyCat Genetics for example, not a bad way to roll at all...

CopyCat Genetics is a thief, will never see a dime from me.

CopyCat Genetics is a thief, will never see a dime from me.

I know there controversy behind what he does,... I don't like it much either, but for what my comments angle toward, I don't really like these guys that charge insane prices for seeds... but they are in business, and if that's what the market (and all it's BS) drives, than whaddya gonna do eh?
I would never buy such genetics at that price... always found the whole Cookies and Dessert stuff more phenomena than substance... There's hundreds of equally potent, aromatically fantastic, etc. etc. cultivars out there than never see a photon of spotlight...
For those who really really want to grow their own but not pay hundreds of $ for 10 seeds, trying a repro' breeders work is about the only way to go...
All those "elite" breeders know the game, their genetics will be reproduced and sold, guaranteed!
... CopyCat isn't alone, just exploiting the same market niche created by the hype and marketing that the Big Bucks Boys are doing... Did he actually rip off something, I don't know, I don't bother to follow such nonsense in social media... Do you see him getting hosed and outted? I mean factually, not all the hater crap-speak either.... These big houses with actual TM's do have legal grounds to pursue rippers, in name at least,.. not the actual genetics themselves'...
Example; Sensi got sued by Nestle over Tutti-Fruiti, which is a candy name TM, so they were forced to change it Fruity Juice (not Juicy Fruit, same thing!)...
Let's just say that after this grow my seed supply makes me feel like a kid looking at a 20 liter bucket of my favorite ice cream. My fridge stash of seeds runneth over. By the time the solo mischief is done, I figure about 1300 or so seeds added to the stash.

The only trouble is, only 1 grow per year in a 4x4 limits the things that I can try. I see more solos in my future just so I can play with strains... :biggrin:
:hump: not hard to do when you get the MO down!
Now, what to do with all those beans,...:rolleyes2: Have you thought of doing some sales via one of the small US based banks here? Rebel's Green Grass seeds, for instance... Old Sage, Multiverse etc.,.... you need not become a full-on brand, something in between perhaps... A chat with them could be enlightening!

I know there controversy behind what he does,... I don't like it much either, but for what my comments angle toward, I don't really like these guys that charge insane prices for seeds... but they are in business, and if that's what the market (and all it's BS) drives, than whaddya gonna do eh?
I would never buy such genetics at that price... always found the whole Cookies and Dessert stuff more phenomena than substance... There's hundreds of equally potent, aromatically fantastic, etc. etc. cultivars out there than never see a photon of spotlight...
For those who really really want to grow their own but not pay hundreds of $ for 10 seeds, trying a repro' breeders work is about the only way to go...
All those "elite" breeders know the game, their genetics will be reproduced and sold, guaranteed!
... CopyCat isn't alone, just exploiting the same market niche created by the hype and marketing that the Big Bucks Boys are doing... Did he actually rip off something, I don't know, I don't bother to follow such nonsense in social media... Do you see him getting hosed and outted? I mean factually, not all the hater crap-speak either.... These big houses with actual TM's do have legal grounds to pursue rippers, in name at least,.. not the actual genetics themselves'...
Example; Sensi got sued by Nestle over Tutti-Fruiti, which is a candy name TM, so they were forced to change it Fruity Juice (not Juicy Fruit, same thing!)...

Now, what to do with all those beans,...:rolleyes2: Have you thought of doing some sales via one of the small US based banks here? Rebel's Green Grass seeds, for instance... Old Sage, Multiverse etc.,.... you need not become a full-on brand, something in between perhaps... A chat with them could be enlightening!
I'm not interested in selling beans that are simple reproductions of someone else's breeding efforts. Were it not for the silly scrum to get my mitts on the Mephisto strains that I am interested in, not to mention that the strains that I want seem to rarely arise in the drops, I might not bother. However, given the PIA access, I made my own. My Dinamed seeds are the same issue - no longer available commercially, so I made some of them too. There is also the entertainment aspect - I do like learning how to do stuff, especially how to do stuff well. :biggrin:

For me making seeds is not so much about money, as it is about reliable access to strains that I want. I don't have the space or time to do my own breeding, so I will not be getting into the seed business. If my trivial mischief with pollen chucking accidentally came up with something, ya never know. But I'm not into stealing others' efforts for commercial purposes.

Happy seeding. :pighug:

That's where I was going with that, and what to do with so many,... a shame to seem them age out! Even giving them away/swaps may be a challenge past a point... I know you're in it for the love with a side order of practicality :smoking:
Last I heard Meph' was going to offer reg's, like Short Stuff does... So few do make seeds, especially fem's, that such offerings won't make a scratch in their bottom line!

PITA access is for reals with them, and the bloody scrum at releases :nono:
I have a few from Dina'/HSO yet, not run so far,... only 3 packs, so if one is good enough to pursue there's a chance to repro' her but a gamble on the pheno' that shows though!

That's where I was going with that, and what to do with so many,... a shame to seem them age out! Even giving them away/swaps may be a challenge past a point... I know you're in it for the love with a side order of practicality :smoking:
Last I heard Meph' was going to offer reg's, like Short Stuff does... So few do make seeds, especially fem's, that such offerings won't make a scratch in their bottom line!

PITA access is for reals with them, and the bloody scrum at releases :nono:
I have a few from Dina'/HSO yet, not run so far,... only 3 packs, so if one is good enough to pursue there's a chance to repro' her but a gamble on the pheno' that shows though!

I really did not expect to end up with this many, and that will likely mean a lot of them ageing out. Anything excess of a life supply is an unexpected and appreciated bonus, but I am now supplied, and grower friends will do well.

If I was younger, and had more space to play with large numbers of plants, breeding strains would be a hell of a hoot for me, but it just ain't gonna hoppen given my limitations in space and time. I may chuck some pollen (witness the current 24C x Auto PK cross just for fun), but nothing I can do will compare to a serious hunt among hundreds of plants over multiple generations, and that is what serious breeding takes. Anything short of that sort of effort is IMO at best a crap shoot, and at worse pretense or theft, and that is the difference between the primo breeders like Mephisto and others like, shall I mention, Canuk.

Speaking of Mephisto, I am looking at the Cdn release of Strawberry Nuggets coming up on Monday. Another 24C cross sounds interesting to me! :biggrin: I just might dive in and see how bad it gets. If I score some, they will be in the next winter effort.

In the meantime, it seems that I can now make solos work, so having a handful of them to play with will permit minor pheno hunts with any pollen chucking mischief I get up to. No way would I waste a prime spot on unproven genetics, but solos are another matter.

Thanks for checking in Waira. :pighug:

It's beyond that.. using an alias (Hugh-Glass) online he collected funds from many forum members elsewhere. These funds were sent to a popular breeder who did a discounted seed run to benefit the membership.. with a donation also sent to the Admin for a server donation. He sent the funds.. then stole the beans meant for the membership and disappeared. I can link you to where i read this.. i was a participant in purchasing beans.

Wow, well that's another matter all together! Duly noted :fire:... bad rep' WOM engaged....

You could check out OverGrow, but that probably wouldn't be a fast fix for some pollen now. They generally ask that people hang out for awhile and get established before asking for anything, but, that being said, there's nothing wrong with speaking up when someone is offering. If it's a matter of send leftover pollen to someone or trash it, I'm literally always gonna give it away if I can. I can't be the only person who feels this way

I don’t know much about breeding yet, mainly just growing females. However, I seen colander silver for sale. There is plenty tutorials on YouTube on using it

I know trading is a no-go on the site, even for pollen, so that's not what I'm asking here.

Rather, I'm wondering if anybody knows of a site or place that offers free pollen. I've been toying with the idea of reversing, and have the materials, but right now don't want to go through the effort. I may in the future. In the meantime, just curious if free pollen is even a thing. Free seeds are, so I would assume somebody somewhere is offering free pollen.
I'm assuming it's an auto and if it is, this idea won't help. If it's a photo however, you could look into revegging. I've done it before and all it requires is to follow the process and be unusually patient.

Back