Anyone know where to get free pollen?

Randar

Experienced Grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla Bomb, TnT Trichome & Swiss Skunk
I know trading is a no-go on the site, even for pollen, so that's not what I'm asking here.

Rather, I'm wondering if anybody knows of a site or place that offers free pollen. I've been toying with the idea of reversing, and have the materials, but right now don't want to go through the effort. I may in the future. In the meantime, just curious if free pollen is even a thing. Free seeds are, so I would assume somebody somewhere is offering free pollen.

Nothing is ever really free. Seeds can be "free" if purchased with something else. Or if you are a loyal customer/ friend of the seed bank.

As for pollen, I've only seen it sold once or twice, however I'm not in a legal jurisdiction.

Why not make it yourself? It's so easy to do...either STS or CS work perfect. You just have to order some stuff from the interweb. Bought at the smallest amounts you'll have more then enough for a lifetime worth of seeds :thumbsup:
And you know where the pollen comes from...What if someone gives you free pollen from a hemp variety? You'll figure that one out after growing out the harvested seeds...
Added is a how-to I use for making STS :toke:

Attachments

• HOW-TO Make and Use Silver Thiosulfate Solution(STS) for Feminized Cannabis Pollen.pdf
    623.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Maybe Stainly? I really am not sure...it's not the most durable stuff and can easily be rendered unviable by a wide assortment of things. Fem pollen can be even more dubious right from the get go. Breeders tell me there's a chance for things to not take well either, viable or not. Some cultivars are notorious for being difficult to fem as well,...
Next best bet is to look for private breeders doing their own gig, and politely ask in PM's...
Outside of that mate, it's hardly "work" so treat a branch or two with pre-made RTU stuff. Twenty20Mendo has a nice 2-part longer shelf life product (STS, most breeders I know prefer this to CS), just mix and use... Also a full tutorial offered at their site :thumbsup:

Maybe Stainly? I really am not sure...it's not the most durable stuff and can easily be rendered unviable by a wide assortment of things. Fem pollen can be even more dubious right from the get go. Breeders tell me there's a chance for things to not take well either, viable or not. Some cultivars are notorious for being difficult to fem as well,...
Next best bet is to look for private breeders doing their own gig, and politely ask in PM's...
Outside of that mate, it's hardly "work" so treat a branch or two with pre-made RTU stuff. Twenty20Mendo has a nice 2-part longer shelf life product (STS, most breeders I know prefer this to CS), just mix and use... Also a full tutorial offered at their site :thumbsup:
I was looking for pollen a couple of months ago and what I could find was very expensive. I was desperate at the time to preserve some genetics and contacted a couple of people who didn't respond. I wish I had the equipment - at those prices I could quit my job lol.

I know a couple guys who sell repro'ed seeds of those $750+ packs from Seed Junky, In House, Compound, Cookies Family, etc. over there...
That's the gig on these "elite" cuts: pay the shit-howdy high $$ for them while they are hot, coz most anybody who can, will be repro'ing them right away and so the relative worth drops like a stone,... Witness CopyCat Genetics for example, not a bad way to roll at all...
Fem's dominate the market of course, but most breeders who are really working on their own spins, not just simple repro's, will want reg seed and male pollen...
Otherwise, a lot of pollen can be produced when not so much needed, fem or male, so extra can be worth the buck$ if it's the right shizzle! :pimp:

Dry/low RH%, cool, gently treated is a big part of it for pollen...

I know a couple guys who sell repro'ed seeds of those $750+ packs from Seed Junky, In House, Compound, Cookies Family, etc. over there...
That's the gig on these "elite" cuts: pay the shit-howdy high $$ for them while they are hot, coz most anybody who can, will be repro'ing them right away and so the relative worth drops like a stone,... Witness CopyCat Genetics for example, not a bad way to roll at all...
Fem's dominate the market of course, but most breeders who are really working on their own spins, not just simple repro's, will want reg seed and male pollen...
Otherwise, a lot of pollen can be produced when not so much needed, fem or male, so extra can be worth the buck$ if it's the right shizzle! :pimp:

Dry/low RH%, cool, gently treated is a big part of it for pollen...
My last application of pollen from my 24Carat pollen girl was frozen for a few weeks in a mason jar with silica gel. The pollen and silica gel don't touch one another. The pollen is in a separate small jar sitting on a layer of silica gel on the bottom of the mason jar. Seemed to do the job instantly on my Auto PK solo girl. I still have some in the freezer, and may, for shits and giggles, see if it is still viable next winter. :biggrin:

My last application of pollen from my 24Carat pollen girl was frozen for a few weeks in a mason jar with silica gel. The pollen and silica gel don't touch one another. The pollen is in a separate small jar sitting on a layer of silica gel on the bottom of the mason jar. Seemed to do the job instantly on my Auto PK solo girl. I still have some in the freezer, and may, for shits and giggles, see if it is still viable next winter. :biggrin:
:eyebrows: -- still tickling the girls that special way, are ya? :hump: :wiz:

:eyebrows: -- still tickling the girls that special way, are ya? :hump: :wiz:
Let's just say that after this grow my seed supply makes me feel like a kid looking at a 20 liter bucket of my favorite ice cream. My fridge stash of seeds runneth over. By the time the solo mischief is done, I figure about 1300 or so seeds added to the stash.

The only trouble is, only 1 grow per year in a 4x4 limits the things that I can try. I see more solos in my future just so I can play with strains... :biggrin:

Back