Are my babies sick?

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a first time grower and we're about 50 days old and starting to flower. White Widow with a '2000 w LED'

They look sick/droopy to me, but I have no idea what I'm looking for really. I think maybe I'm underwatering... How much would you water a plant these size in a 5 gallon bucket? Yes I have holes on bottom and around the sides. Growing with organic compost and haven't introduced any nutes.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.. keep in mind that i'm a newb :p

Attachments

• sSVMQpN.jpg
    sSVMQpN.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 77
Hi, welcome to AFN! Are they autos?

The clawing I can see on some of the leaves on the plant at the front could be down to a few things - under watering, if they perk up (unclaw) after you water then that’s the prob. Over watered- you get this clawing and the leaves will look sort of swollen between the veins (can’t tell from your pic). Nitrogen toxicity could cause it but the plants would also be a really dark green - again can’t tell from your pic but they don’t look too dark to me.

I have 3 ladies on day 41, 2 in 5gal pots (one in a 3gal). They’re drinking between 1.5L and 2L per day but they are huge for autos at over 45in tall now (I say huge, they’re the tallest I’ve ever grown, but I’m only in my 4th grow).

How often are you watering and with how much water?

Also there looks to be some white tips on some of your leaves, can’t tell from the pic if they are just twisted and showing their white underside or if it is a bit of nute burn.

The tips clawing looks more like overwateeing to me....or nitrogen toxicity.
Fill out the patient form sticky at the top of infirmary
With all the info you can provide.
That will greatly help with a diagnosis..

Why no nutrients??

Girls need to have some fuel to grow..

Why no nutrients??

Girls need to have some fuel to grow..
Maybe his organic compost has everything he needs for a ‘just water’ type grow?

Sorry, I forgot to add they were autos, but yeah, this is why I haven't used any nutes. Wow 1.5L a day.. I'm not giving them anywhere near that. Maybe a liter every other day..... :eek:

They've kinda just been living up to the auto name and doing everything themselves. I already had an over watering problem when they were younger, maybe I need to step it up.

they need nutes, compost is a component of soil, not soil itself,... several other things needed to make it a functional soil, and much more to make it "water only"! it's not complete in it nutrition either, and it's starting to show,... get feeds going ASAP, bloom nutes mainly,...

Makes sense.. It didn't seem right that you can just let them grow and not do anything.. Going to grab some GH Bloom today

Back