Auto flower ice bath b4 harvest

Stevewaite4022

New User
Reaction score
How many have ice bathed thier girls for the 48hrs or.more b4 harvest? I've done it n proven it helps harden the buds n push the trichs from Cloudy to amber quicker

Did you do this during a 48 hr pre-chop blackout or were the lights on for their regular schedule?

like dumping ice over the soil and effectively watering with the melt? interesting idea, never heard of it.

might make some trichs break off?

like dumping ice over the soil and effectively watering with the melt? interesting idea, never heard of it.
That's exactly what he's talking about. It makes the plant hurry to finish for lack of a better description.

might make some trichs break off?
No, the ice doesn't come near the trichomes, the ice is built up around the base of the plant on the substrate.

This was a thing for some people, decades ago. So, not a new thing. Creates sudden lock out of nutes, probably other effects.

Well, as far as the plant is concerned it is fall time at the end of flowering, an early snowstorm wouldn't be abnormal in nature, a signal to "turn off".

Certainly a viable scenario, but short of some in depth research how can it be validated?

Certainly a viable scenario, but short of some in depth research how can it be validated?
Agreed. I've done the 48 hrs of darkness before the chop and my eyes tell me it works, but to be honest I don't know if it really works or if my eyes think it works because I didn't look at my plants for two whole days.

Ohh I see..
another way to accomplish that is to wait 2 more weeks :eyebrows:

Back