GG auto 60 days old (can i harvest)

_~JAB~_

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a gorilla glue auto at 60days old i really just want out of my way it was stunted only about 10in tall. It only has a few white hairs left and the buds arent getting any bigger from what i can see. Its about 80% cloudy trichomes and a maybe like 2 or 3% amber if i was to guess. Let me know your opinion whether or not itll be potent enough to chop?
20220627_151658.jpg
20220627_151806_HDR.jpg

Well its tiny and stunted. Lol first grow and messed a few things up. Ready to get it out of my grow room and start another one.
I grew a 20TwentyMendocino Muchacha (Glue Sniffer) under pretty lousy conditions & it turned out great. I can’t recommend it enough.

Once the trichomes are appear, they're psychoactive. The issue with clear, cloudy, amber is the reported effect that they have - clear = racy to amber = couch lock.

The admonition for new growers that I read everywhere is to hold off. I liken it to smoking a brisket - it's ready when it's ready but it sure is frustrating to wait.

The two GG autos in the photos are my third grow so I'm in the same situation as you are right now, though they're at day 103 above ground (60 days - if only!).

The way that you've described your plants is a perfect match for what I'm seeing in my grow. Based on the rapid change over the past few days, my thinking is that I'll be chopping this weekend.

One factor that can help determining when to chop is not just the change in the color of the trichomes but slower or reduced water uptake and, second, coloration of the plant leaves.

This thread is a great resource and excellent timing, as well.

How are you checking your trichs? USB microscopes are really handy because you can capture photos and post them.

BTW, to me, this is the hardest part of the grow - knowing when to chop and then the dry and cure. Everyone knows what a healthy plant looks like so we pretty much know when to send up a flare and ask for help but, unless you've been around plants that generate fruit, we have no frame of reference to truly understand "Yup, they're ready".

The "sidecar" light is because a couple of branches kept falling out of the front of the tent.

IMG_7286.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg

I agree @Delps8, the harvest thing actually causes me a little anxiety.

Once the trichomes are appear, they're psychoactive. The issue with clear, cloudy, amber is the reported effect that they have - clear = racy to amber = couch lock.

The admonition for new growers that I read everywhere is to hold off. I liken it to smoking a brisket - it's ready when it's ready but it sure is frustrating to wait.

The two GG autos in the photos are my third grow so I'm in the same situation as you are right now, though they're at day 103 above ground (60 days - if only!).

The way that you've described your plants is a perfect match for what I'm seeing in my grow. Based on the rapid change over the past few days, my thinking is that I'll be chopping this weekend.

One factor that can help determining when to chop is not just the change in the color of the trichomes but slower or reduced water uptake and, second, coloration of the plant leaves.

This thread is a great resource and excellent timing, as well.

How are you checking your trichs? USB microscopes are really handy because you can capture photos and post them.

BTW, to me, this is the hardest part of the grow - knowing when to chop and then the dry and cure. Everyone knows what a healthy plant looks like so we pretty much know when to send up a flare and ask for help but, unless you've been around plants that generate fruit, we have no frame of reference to truly understand "Yup, they're ready".

The "sidecar" light is because a couple of branches kept falling out of the front of the tent.

View attachment 1478490View attachment 1478489
Yours look amazing. I have 3 other plants as well all growing great idk what happened to this one. My afghan kush auto is easily twice the size and its only 3.5 weeks! So I just got done chopping to get her out the way for a new grow. Thanks for the advice!

Old stoner adage...naw, got at least a week or two...lol....if it's in your way it's history dude....
IMG_20220627_063818.jpg
The little one in this pic is same age as one next to it and 2 weeks older than these.
IMG_20220627_063758.jpg

It was small to begin with, then I kept it small for a seeder with one I reversed.

Last edited:
Old stoner adage...naw, got at least a week or two...lol....if it's in your way it's history dude....
View attachment 1478525
The little one in this pic is same age as one next to it and 2 weeks older than these.
View attachment 1478527
It was small to begin with, then I kept it small for a seeder with one I reversed.
Lol yea i chopped her down. There are still some buds not done though i threw it outside and quick drying the main cola for "testing". Got a bubble gum and another GG still growing they have about 2 or 3 weeks left. Same GG as one i just chopped but its 2ft tall. Dont understand it honestly how can i have a 10" and a 2 ft but same batch of seeds. Owell! Im starting a northern lights now that shes out the room :smoking:

Back