Harvest & Curing Help deciding harvest time, no magnifying glass

Simchaleh

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey there
I’m looking for guidance as to when to harvest my auto flower.
Strain: cbd lemon auto from Herbies freebie
Grow: outdoor,
Nutes: BioBizz
Date planted: I lost the date it was planted, but was around 3 months ago
Watering: began flushing with water on Friday. It needs to drink every day, so it’s been getting a lot of water every day

I was hoping I could get advice when to harvest my plant. I don’t have a magnifying glass to see the trich colors. The official harvest day is long passed, and I think the buds have filled in and fluffed up but not sure. The pistils have mostly all turned orangish. Some of the big fan leaves have yellowed. I’m afraid maybe I missed the harvest date big time. The plant maybe has gotten less sticky over the last week but I could be imagining it

The official finish date on herbies website is 75 days (from seed??). However I noticed in a previous outdoor grow with a skittlez auto, that the insufficient hours of light perhaps cause the auto to not properly finish, and the flowering kind of goes on and on way past the Breeders set time estimate.

-Have any of you noticed if autos don’t finish on time when grown outdoors without enough hours of light? I did an auto grow indoors last winter and the plant only got a few hours of sunlight through the window a day, and it just wasn’t finishing. The buds kept on looking ready and then continuing new growth and didn’t really turn amber. I’m curious if others have experienced this. And I’m suspicious perhaps that’s the reason this strain has been going for so long too, as it only got around 7 hrs of direct sunlight a day

Pictures explained: For stealth purposes I needed to disguise the plant in back of a Louisa lemongrass plant. The leaves are pretty similiar looking and it blended in great. Throughout the growth I intertwined the branches of the cbs lemon with the branches of the lemongrass to further disguise it. So I’ll share mostly close up photos of parts of the plant that I can photograph through the lemongrass. I hope the pictures are sufficient. If it’s too difficult to figure out whats Going on from the pictures, lemme know, and I’ll untangle it from the lemongrass and take a stand-alone pic

Question: is it possible that spraying water with soap (to deal with white flies) on a flowering plant could harm the trichromes, make the plant less sticky, or degrade thc?

I really hope I didn’t way overdue it as I don’t like overly sedating buds
thanks

0CCDB20D-E7AB-4E55-80EF-6269CC5B92B9.jpeg
647A00D4-22E4-49CA-A827-BF5A55802CA4.jpeg
9FA6D045-1EA6-47E6-A2B2-4A0757D53690.jpeg
40D1D615-A14A-47E2-B7F0-F4D48A52D1FC.jpeg
6E8BADA9-57D2-407F-9EF4-1687F982845F.jpeg
377A0A33-FB22-4E9A-9450-303B9F558E6B.jpeg
94C35E74-5516-4EA0-8B46-0063B4C8191D.jpeg
47B5B030-3956-41A6-A46D-D97216F5B261.jpeg
FFC46F03-00FE-421C-8C52-A1ED68F67F5C.jpeg

She is close man. I dont think you over shot your harvest time. What the breeder says take it with a grain of salt. To many variables. There is about and in perfect conditions. Most of mine go 80 days plus. If I didnt have a scope I would watch the hairs. 90 percent orange is a number thrown around alot. also she slow way down on drinking another sign. The fade You dont have much of that but that dont mean shit. Id say in the next week its done. saying that you can cut that thing down anytime. You might just get more of a couch lock effect going longer and the buds might plump up alittle more of ya. Its really hard to judge with the scope. I would invest in one if you plan on growing alot. There pretty cheap on Amazon not over 30 bucks.

She is close man. I dont think you over shot your harvest time. What the breeder says take it with a grain of salt. To many variables. There is about and in perfect conditions. Most of mine go 80 days plus. If I didnt have a scope I would watch the hairs. 90 percent orange is a number thrown around alot. also she slow way down on drinking another sign. The fade You dont have much of that but that dont mean shit. Id say in the next week its done. saying that you can cut that thing down anytime. You might just get more of a couch lock effect going longer and the buds might plump up alittle more of ya. Its really hard to judge with the scope. I would invest in one if you plan on growing alot. There pretty cheap on Amazon not over 30 bucks.

thanks for the info. Wow that comforts me. I was nervous I ruined the grow. Actually I read on herbies that they advise to harvest this strainmore on the early side before the triches begin to go amber, since it’s a cbd strain (supposed to be 17/17% thc/cbd). They said the cbd will deteriorate if harvested on the late side. So I’m guessing I should harvest now then.
im only concerned about the flushing. I began giving only water on fri (or Sunday.Not sure). But it’s very hot out there and I water a full watering every day, so it’s getting a lot of water. Is only a few days of flushing ok?

I dont flush. if you the type to I dont see why it hurt to go another day or two just to get that extra watering in. Up to you man. But lots of people on here dont flush at the end

I'd let it go another 2 weeks, the buds don't look like they've folded out and down yet.

I also don't believe in flushing soil. Aside from that, on woven bags don't drain really well, so you risk overwatering.

PS: Great job on the cover crop, I really had to look in the 1st pic

I'd let it go another 2 weeks, the buds don't look like they've folded out and down yet.

I also don't believe in flushing soil. Aside from that, on woven bags don't drain really well, so you risk overwatering.

PS: Great job on the cover crop, I really had to look in the 1st pic

wow, another two weeks? Even though almost all the pistils have turned darkish? Can you describe what you mean by how buds Fold down and put? Sounds interesting. How can I make sure I don’t accidentally go too long, since I’m getting mixed opinions, and there’s only so much I can show via pictures?

thank.Yeah the camp ended up coming out amazing. It’s sitting on my front porch on the road and even friends who I ask to find it don’t see it on first glance. The lemon grass also covers up the smell nicely

I usually see a plant ready at least 2-3 weeks after the pistils have turned orange. You will also notice the plant has started to not drink nearly as much, almost stopping.

@Simchaleh Here's what I mean:

As the buds mature they fold out more horizontal. I'm pulling this one out from the cola to show you.

This starts from the bottom of the cola and works it's way up.

IMG_20220830_170256.jpg

Without a scope, there's several changes that will show when the harvest window is open. The pods that form below buds will swell and ooze, the hairs turn orange and recede, less glistening of trics under bright light to naked eye.
Upper buds that may get more light may be ahead a bit on maturity with lower buds some days behind.....
Some of us older stoners like the 'knock you on your ass' couchlock! There's a reason stoners always say 'another week or two'....

Back