New Grower Auto Jack 47... my first grow

Yeah looking good! You can test the soil pH by measuring the run-ff the same way you test your nute solution. I use this: http://www.milwaukeeinstruments.com/pdf/pH56_Manual.pdf

In my tent I run a 600W HID lamp through a cooltube but under an A-wing hood. (see picture) In the closet room I just have the A-wings with sunon fans blowing air on the bulbs but i'll add cooltubes next summer.

In the closet I just attach the carbon filter directly to the exhaust fan, and run ducting from the fan to outlet, simplest way and involves the least ducting which is better for airflow.

If you burned an outlet that's not good! i run all my power off 5 sockets, over 2000W and I never had anything like that happen! You will need two fans though. One for sucking air out, and one for circulation.

IMG_0271.jpg

hell yeah

Seeds are germinating... Paper towel method with bottled water, I'll check them this time tomorrow

Attachments

• 20130821_150522.jpg
    20130821_150522.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 38
Best of luck smoothie..Hop digity

Thanks duggy, all the seeds popped open so I planted this morning, I watered them after I placed the seeds in the soil, just to make sure everything was nice and moist, well I am thinking that I might have goofed up not watering before planting as I think I might have forced a few too deep, I guess I'll have to wait n see, if all else fails I'll plant a few of the free seeds I got. They have me martian Kush, silver Kush, sour kosher, white widow, and underdawg og, all non autos. Hopefully they all pop up tho... Any advice would be great tho peace

Last edited:
So reading stuff online I have come to the conclusion that I really have no idea what I am doing. Patience is a skill I am going to start working on. I dont think I messed anything up to bad, even if 2 or 3 out of 5 pop ill be okay with that. so now for that patience thing

Smoothie if you plant non-autos at the same time as your autos you will need a separate room to flower them, or? I have never tried it but i have been told that flowering autos under 12-12 lights is a total waste of time. I have non-autos (OG Kush) flowering right now and i have the same problem because i want to plant autos this week, but i won't be able to put the autos in the flowering room until the OG Kush are finished..

Even if you end up with only 3 plants instead of 5 it won't be a total disaster because the 3 will use the extra space and grow larger than they otherwise would have. I always soak in water 24 hrs, then put in moist paper for 24 hrs, then saturate the soil first, let it drain a little then plant the seeds about 1/4" below the surface. A la Jorge's Ultimate Grow DVD... that dude knows his shit!

practicing patience

SmokyD, as always man great advice. I'll wait and see what pops up then grow the hell out of whatever wants to grow. I have been to impatient so far so im just gonna sit back, roll one fat:stylez rasta smoke: and relax. I went with five cuz I figured I would probably do some dumb shit like this so I'll make the most out of my situation. I might be worrying about nothing anyways. I planted when the seeds all cracked open and had small tails, so how long till you think they should sprout? O the butchered up kiddy pool keeps the carpet dry but is not exactly what I need so im going to invest in some drain pans as soon as a little cash comes my way. PS I will look into that DVD, sounds like it could really help with my technique

You'll find it on Youtube, definitely worth a look :). you planted at the right time, they should sprout with 48-72 hours max.

So I have three little sprouts. One is curled in it's shell still one has just lost it's shell and one is opened up working on it's second set of leaves, I'll post pics when there is a little more to see.

day 2

Here is a picture of the most advanced j47. I know its only day 2, they havent done shit all day, is this normal?

Attachments

• 20130826_164435.jpg
    20130826_164435.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 25
Back