New Grower Auto Jack 47... my first grow

yer man it's perfectly normal :). Relax!

I was germinating my Think Different in damp paper towels... when I checked them this morning the towels were completely dry, I planted them anyway but I've probably lost 7 seeds. I'm never doing the paper towel method again! Lucky for me I can just walk down the road and buy more... but I lost €60 I'm really annoyed!

I don't know man, they still haven't done shit, three days above ground and they are pretty much at a stand still. I really think I ducked up and added to much bone meal, I germinated a silver Kush the day after my autos and it is great looking, better than twice the size of the others, the only difference being the soil. One fell over and shriveled up today and two never sprouted so don't sweat it man, I pretty much lost $100 on these 5 seeds. Maybe the last two will do something, I carefully transplanted them into smaller pots with unadulterated soil. I don't think I disturbed them two much but I am pretty sure they are doomed regardless. So what to do? O yeah get more seeds, my second attempt im gonna get three think different and three auto jack 47, and plant ether one or two of each. In the mean time I guess we will see what happens with these guys I got now. That think different really does sound promising, but so does the jack 47 I wonder Y it isn't more popular, I haven't heard anything but positive bout it. Thanks for riding with me SmokyD and everyone else, if they decide to do something I'll update but if not peace... Look out for my second grow coming soon to a forum near you.

Hey mate, just chill, they are probably establishing roots, thats why you cant see much growth, but they definately would be growing! Just downwards. Goodluck though!

I agree with Rambo. If after 1 week there is no growth I then I would accept something is wrong, but give them a chance to do their thing. My OG Kush took ages to get going but in the end they were fine. there are all kinds of factors that affect growth rates. One thing they definitely don't like is to be disturbed though, every time you replant or move them you could be stalling growth by a day or two.

An example: here is my TD grow after 7 (!) days (from germination): https://www.autoflower.org/members/smokyd-albums-think-different-picture262312-1-03-02-13.html
and here is how they turned out: https://www.autoflower.org/members/smokyd-albums-think-different-picture262325-14-05-05-13.html

So I hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Those think different make me feel better, today is day five and they have grown a little but not much. I talked my wife into giving me her closet that's probably 6 x6x8ft and air conditioned so it should help lower temps. It's a steady 86 under the light but has got up into the 90s a few times. I guess this could be a factor into my slow growth equation. Thanks for the help everybody

day 5 in soil

The 2 lone survivors, hopefully I get the hang of this growing shit, I am sick of buying weed, anyways how are the looking?

Attachments

• 20130828_115243.jpg
    20130828_115243.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 23
  • 1377705440909.jpg
    1377705440909.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 23
It will take a few try outs to grow like a pro but you have to start somewhere.....some plants are harder to grow then others so don't worry! Can't wait to see the progress.Hop digity

Lmfao yeah this has definitely been a learning experience, I am going to order my carbon filter n fan within the next few days, and I think I may just get a few think different seeds if these are not doing anything by then. This best not be some third times the charm type shit

Dutch Passion seeds have always produced the best germination rates for me, close to 95%, and that's from 45 seeds. The ones that didn't germinate were my fault, storing too long in humid conditions/allowing the paper towel to dry out. The TD appear to be growing normally despite my immense stupidity this week... amazing. My last TD grow gave me 22 plants from 21 seeds! (one twin)

Off topic: I am currently growing OG Kush using a top-feed hydro system (photos not autos). This is my first hydro grow, I have never seen such healthy plants with enormous leaves... I will never go back to using soil, especially as I find hydro much simpler than soil growing, I recommend giving it a go! I built the system for about €40 and it will feed up to 6 plants.

Attachments

• 4 29-08-13.jpg
    4 29-08-13.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 33
I have looked into the Dwc system I guess that's what it's called, anyways I want to get a bigger light, my odor control, and possibly a tent first. I would like to get at least a 4oz harvest so I'll have a little extra money to play with.

Last edited:
Back