Autoflower issue

Reaction score
Hello

I've successfully germinated a few White Widow Auto seeds but they have become very leggy (about 15cm/6 inches). They have the cotyledon leaves and first single-fingered leaves but after 3 weeks but there is no sign of the first foliage leaves and the stems are very slender. Otherwise they seem quite happy.

Temperature in the tent (indoors) is between 22-24° C and they're under a 6500/2700k LED strip. Any suggestions or should I just be parient?

Thanks.

Sounds like your plants are stretching to the light. I germ and grow all seedlings under a T5HO which can be at 2 inches to a seedling with on issues and seems to reduce stretch.

You need a lot more wattage @smiggy. At three weeks your plants should be well established and showing signs of pre-flower
at the least. 6500/2700k means squat if it's 20w. Did you purchase a cheapo light without doing your research?

Hello

I've successfully germinated a few White Widow Auto seeds but they have become very leggy (about 15cm/6 inches). They have the cotyledon leaves and first single-fingered leaves but after 3 weeks but there is no sign of the first foliage leaves and the stems are very slender. Otherwise they seem quite happy.

Temperature in the tent (indoors) is between 22-24° C and they're under a 6500/2700k LED strip. Any suggestions or should I just be parient?

Thanks.
Just stake them using something like this:
Amazon product

I make a loop at the end of about a 6 inch piece of this to prop sprouts.
About half of mine do too much stretch.

You need a lot more wattage @smiggy. At three weeks your plants should be well established and showing signs of pre-flower
at the least. 6500/2700k means squat if it's 20w. Did you purchase a cheapo light without doing your research?
I did do a bit of research and my lamp is mid range in price. I did however forget about the inverse square law so the lamp probably needs lowering which I will see to. Thanks for your answer.

I did do a bit of research and my lamp is mid range in price. I did however forget about the inverse square law so the lamp probably needs lowering which I will see to. Thanks for your answer.

Gotcha Smiggy. Wasn't busting your chops, without pictures I was speculating. For reference these autos are day 27 under a 150w Mars
at 24"and a 235-350w CLW at 30." Auto BlueBerry Domina.

Attachments

• DSCN2414 (3).JPG
    DSCN2414 (3).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back