Sweet Seeds Back with a Sweet Nurse CBD and Ice Cool Grow

Since my last update I’ve done 2 feeds and 1 plain watering.

The feed consisted of 50-100ppm CalMag, 0.4g/gal Sea-K, 0.5g/gal Sweet Candy, 3g/gal MegaCrop, and 1.5g/gal Bud Explosion for a total of 900-1000ppm, ph’d to 5.9

additionally I lowered the light to ~22” above canopy. Had a range of 16-25k lux across the tent. Hoping it doesn’t exacerbate the issues im seeing

Here’s some pics from Day 47
0F0893A1-FCFD-4159-B5DC-CB23F1B6FC76.jpeg

6C207CC8-4FE7-4DB7-992B-0DD7622D4889.jpeg

The yellowing and brown spots of the older fan leaves has crept on. At this point I’m not sure if this is underfeeding, overfeeding, lockout, or a combination.

Here’s a close-up of the leaf progression
DC05F2A4-CA2F-4E70-B0D1-25AA5E5E6761.jpeg

One other observation is that the younger leaves near the popcorn buds below and inner parts of the plant are a quite healthy looking green. So I guess I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing, hoping things don’t get worse and I can finish these out decently.

I’m kind of at a loss with my grows. I’ve been growing for almost 3 years now and have not had a single plant healthy from start to finish. Maybe I’m using too many variables and need to just use MegaCrop only for a grow? Or maybe time to try something other than Megacrop? something more fool-proof because somehow I’m messing up what’s supposed to be an easy formula

Last edited:
Sorry to see this .if u serious and wana change ur methods pm me.less is always best.and use ur eyes only.to grow a perfect healthy plant start to finish everytime.happy growing;)

Sorry to see this .if u serious and wana change ur methods pm me.less is always best.and use ur eyes only.to grow a perfect healthy plant start to finish everytime.happy growing;)

Thanks @autobeast , will keep that in mind. I suppose I should use up what I have before spending more cash though. Maybe a few more experiments with feed strength and frequency...just so danged frustrating when things go so well up until a point and then start to go downhill :cuss:

Day 51 and buds are starting to gain a bit of weight. There is a yellowing across both plants of all the larger fan leaves and The top bud leaves as well. The yellowing seems to speed up at bit after my plain waterings so maybe they really want to feed?

I did also lower the light a few days ago so it could also be a bit of bleaching? The light is still like 21” above so I kind of lean away fr

Feed strength is at 1g/gal SC, 3g/gal MC, and 2g/gal BE. Total of approx 860ppm.
96AB2C3F-6B72-4675-A078-736E0754F6A5.jpeg

F5A74922-BD9B-41AD-9D1C-C6C08B463F0D.jpeg

Buds coming along decently.
DF0A1C42-36F1-42BF-AFFC-FE5235633619.jpeg

Thanks @autobeast , will keep that in mind. I suppose I should use up what I have before spending more cash though. Maybe a few more experiments with feed strength and frequency...just so danged frustrating when things go so well up until a point and then start to go downhill :cuss:
I feel your pain. But to me they look like they will provide you some good buds. when ever I want to make a change in my tent I'll try to only change one or two things. That way I can see what happens as a result. Every grow is different. They should not be but they are. I had my rez jump to 6.7, WTF. Destroyed most of my ladies but a couple survived. Yesterday the rez was 6.5 WTF. So I know you r felling the weed gods have it in for you but it is more of a feel on what to do. Hang in there. Music makes me feel better.

Thanks @Nosias , music does help :headbang:

I probably will get some decent buds from these ones with a reasonable yield. I just have a tendency to strive for the best if possible, or at least the best I can do given the circumstances. Hard for me to sit by and accept things being mediocre if I can learn to do better.

Thanks @Nosias , music does help :headbang:

I probably will get some decent buds from these ones with a reasonable yield. I just have a tendency to strive for the best if possible, or at least the best I can do given the circumstances. Hard for me to sit by and accept things being mediocre if I can learn to do better.
We all grow the way that fits us best.

Day 54 and ouch, the Sweet Nurse is a hurting unit. Some serious purpleish bronzing going on for most of the fan leaves. looking back at pictures the last week has really been hard on it.
Doesn’t seem to be as bad on the Ice Cool, but it still has the earlier yellowing and deficiency signs that are slowly progressing.

It’s really puzzling because I’m reading tons of posts on the forums about others using MegaCrop, and I don’t think I’m too far off base from what I read a lot of other people are doing.
D2FC04E3-A9C8-4711-8670-0D5C2823BFD6.jpeg

EF9E377A-8628-463D-BC3E-6EC9FB979CD7.jpeg

1A4E5233-89DB-453C-9B2D-294DF3E658AE.jpeg

I have pretty much just kept to what I was doing. @Mañ'O'Green ,Or anyone else who wants to chime in, think it’s gotten to that point for a flush? Or are we too late in the game for that, and just let her keep building buds as it descends And harvest before the quality Diminishes?
Additionally, should I be switching something up for the Ice Cool before it follows the same path?

Some of that looks to be a natural coloration of the strain but other parts do look concerning. What is the PH in the root zone? What medium and are you watering to run-off?

Back