Sweet Seeds Back with a Sweet Nurse CBD and Ice Cool Grow

Unfortunately I Don’t have a Soil pH probe. I’ve been thinking about picking up one of those Accurate 8 but it’s hard to come by in Canada for a reasonable cost.
I have been watering until runoff since you mentioned something before. All water and feed going in gets pH’d to 5.8-6. I’ve been checking runoff ppms, not so much pH as I’ve read that it isn’t all that representative.

Using Pro-mix HP peat based medium

Last edited:
Been a bit since my last update but there has been a fair amount of progress on these two. I have kept things mostly constant from what I’ve done before but lowered the MC To 2g/gal and BE to 1.5g/gal , increased the SC to 1g/gal, and have been feeding with every watering.
The Sweet Nurse’s colouring has progressed and I’ve just stopped worrying about it. The bud growth isn’t nearly as good as the Ice cool but still not too bad. It’s actually looking pretty neat with the purple colouring.

It is what it is and in a week or so I’ll be harvesting them. The ice cool has really just been steadily putting on weight and has some pretty chunky looking colas. Getting excited because I’ve been sharing my current stock with my neighbours and I’m running low lol

Day 58
71B147A9-3713-45C2-AB10-A02C9712485B.jpeg

2BF255E8-3D13-4104-95DD-26581E5FFA69.jpeg

Day 63
4BCA2F27-1A5B-4810-A28D-F2CDDA407925.jpeg

1554BCF5-0103-4C36-B5DA-522AC39C109F.jpeg

Thanks, the leaf to bud ratio isn’t where I’d like it to be on the Sweet nurse but I’m pretty pumped about the Ice Cool.

Gotta make some room. There’s two small ones behind these, one +Speed and one Cream Caramel. Just some 0.5gal quickies.

Also dropped some new beans for the outdoor battle today. Trying out a Cream Manderine XL, and Mephisto’s Fugue state and Fantasmo express.

Gonna be interesting on the deck!

I love reading that you're going to grow more of our strains. :bighug:

And... I know that Cream Mandarine XL Auto® was cultivated by good hands.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

I love reading that you're going to grow more of our strains. :bighug:

And... I know that Cream Mandarine XL Auto® was cultivated by good hands.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Oh don't you worry, there will be many more Sweet seeds grows in my future :cheers:
2E68E39A-6D21-4032-9061-7DA7F9F2CB39.jpeg

Also, the two young ones in the back of the tent are Cream Caramel and +Speed. Coming along nicely :smoking:

Day 68

I’ve given each 2 waterings so far with plain pH’d water. The fan leaves are really yellowing on the Ice Cool, not so much with the Sweet Nurse. But really, when the colouring is all funky like that It’s a bit hard to judge when it’ll be ready. I’m pretty much at the point where I’m going to give one more plain watering and then harvest soon after.

The ice cool i think is going to have a respectable yield, the Sweet nurse I’m thinking it’ll be ok, but the buds aren’t nearly as thick or compact. After trim I think they may leave something to be desired.

B5FE297C-A87C-45A5-8E75-6B5F60083FA8.jpeg

E8AAD3BC-16CA-4687-A887-D9AE9C567EF4.jpeg

I’m a bit excited to try out the Sweet Nurse. I’m new enough in growing where I haven’t grown the same strain in different grows. So I’m curious how consistent the smell, taste, affect, etc. Is in a strain. I’ve never really read much about this topic and wondered if the health of the plant through the grow has an impact on those things.
It has been one of my favourites (I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before), so we will see if this one stands up to my first plant of the strain.

The final values are largely determined by the genetic part of the plant, but factors external to it, such as fertilization, mean that the final result can vary in different ways.

For example, the roots are flushed so that the plant does not accumulate nutrients, as these modify the taste of the plant.

I'm very curious to see if you like our Sweet Nurse Auto CBD :cheers:

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

@Waira @Only1Sky @Garage_Grower @Dabber @Master_gRoshi @autobeast @GeorgeCloney @Mizzo81 @Bigg Al @Boognelson87 @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan @lunarman @pop22 @Recycled @Nosias @Simplicio @davisgirl @F.N. @MassMom @HemiSync @Sweet Seeds Apolo

Hey all! Figured I tagged you at the beginning, might as well do it again at the end.

At day 70 I turned off the lights in anticipation of harvest, then of course life got in the way and wasn’t able to chop until day 73, but it didn’t seem to matter much waiting the few extra days.

Here we are pre-trimmed in the tent
8E050680-AAD1-44B2-BB5C-51BFC4CD4393.jpeg

F2914B60-FC83-421D-8430-46D3AD71E4DD.jpeg

Here is the Ice Cool. I’m pretty happy with this one. The buds are nice and chunky, some of the thickest I’ve grown yet.
55B73885-8B6F-4AFC-9A7F-6FC903E1114D.jpeg

AC06EC7C-A91E-4A99-AD59-B9FD11301D58.jpeg

3DA8E5FC-C6B8-45B6-9D52-157E6B3B0AD8.jpeg

The Sweet Nurse CBD didn’t fatten up nearly as much but it was expected with the issues as it set into flowering. I guess the leaves/plant probably isnt as efficient at utilizing Nutrients once damage like that has been done. But still pretty reasonable and i kinda dig the purple and green colouring even though it’s not really supposed to be like that.

88F281F7-2E84-4E7B-B89C-670AC4ABF663.jpeg

6ED73A25-3A59-4196-90D8-8C2B2087C945.jpeg

So that concludes this grow. I’ll post back with dry weights once I’ve got them.
I have a few plants started for the outdoor battle so that will be my next endeavour. Unfortunately they aren’t off to a good start, I think lack of air circulation because I was getting algae on the soil surface and some pretty slow growth. Hopefully the sun perks them up once outside.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Back