Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey everyone, the company Bee-nails has offered us up four of their Go-bee portable concentrate vaporizer pen and their new glass recycler unit!

@db003 , @Prophetiko , @jingo , and @Ash-a-Ton have been chosen to test out these units, so we'll get some fresh perspectives on how various members around the country feel about it and get some honest reviews from them!

Ali with Bee-nails gave me a unit to try out when I saw him in person at the Dude Grows Cup in Denver a few months ago, I will also be doing some updating and commenting in here as well with a few months of experience under my belt with it now!

Stay tuned everyone, these pens rip!

looks like I will be the first to post in this test thread:shooty: with my Go-Bee

I received my package in the mail yesterday :woohoo1: I took some pics of the unboxing and charged the Go-Bee until it had a full battery and put it to work right away.

I had some nice sugar wax just on hand to break it in :redface: rinsed out Go-Bee Recycler and put some water and man this thing is awesome sauce it takes nice rips I also tried some 90 micron kief in it and can do it but will get the heating chamber dirty real quick I might try rolling some wax in kief and try that :smoking:
I already want to get some of the extra accessories like the metal cap which would be great for on the go for use clumsy stoners :crying:

I love the Go-Bee Recycler I think I get better hits with it and it looks cooler too its great for taking dabs at my computer but I liked the small cap better when I was watching a movie last night since I did not have to worry how I put it down and have the possibility of spilling water either one will get you some nice hits

its only been a day so time will tell how it lasts but its awesome so far

002.JPG
003.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
041.JPG
042.JPG
043.JPG
047.JPG

Update.
Mail man dropped it off as I was walking out door to work
Will do unboxing and a first hit when I get home
:d5:

Okay, I received my GoBee today and it is charging up as I write this.

First off, I'd like to thank Bee-Nails for the opportunity to try out this vaporizer. I'm an old-timer and it seems like the older I get the less willing I am to try out new technology. In fact, back in the day we used ceramic bongs aluminum bowls and concentrates were usually smoked with knives or spoons or other methods.

Once I get things charged up I've got a little bit of gorilla cookies crumble I believe that's what it was it's about 80% THC and should be pretty decent. I will probably test it most of the week with just the crumble and then I'll try some sugar wax and some terp sauce. I would guess the terp sauce might be a little bit too much for it, but we'll find out.
f457883aa099570fa635ad75055fdf7f.jpg
86bf97564fd4ad808a64a59ea2836b6d.jpg
209068395eab07f75c160e8c7f3f0ab5.jpg

I did get mine in the mail yesterday.

First off.
huge thanks to bee nails and to afn for the chance to test this unit

Unboxing.
Nothing other than company name on the shipping label says hey. This has weed stuff in it. So really good package on the outside.
A little jiggle and nothing rattled or moved.

Everything was individualy boxed and secured and safe inside the box. Very well packaged!
IMG_20180707_035148.jpg
IMG_20180707_035155.jpg
IMG_20180707_035231.jpg
IMG_20180707_035314.jpg
IMG_20180707_035322.jpg
IMG_20180707_035327.jpg

The unit and recycler both packaged separately and in foam inserts that are great for storage and safe keepings.

I had a good chunk of some wax I was saving to test this til I can make more in a few days.
Didn't read the instructions 1st. Couldn't find the on button. Realized I had started to melt my wax and burning it up. Doh!
Touch sensor on the bottom where I rested unit on my pinky.
Didn't burn too much. But I found the button. Then read instructions.
IMG_20180707_035806.jpg

I didn't try the recycler yet. Just the unit by it self. With 3 temp settings and a nice design it was a very nice rip!
I was impressed! Have some time off work soon so I'll be making more very soon and giving this unit a very solid test.

Another note. Kit comes with an extra coil. O rings. Dabber tool charger. And a pretty sweet sticker
IMG_20180707_035451.jpg
IMG_20180707_035205.jpg

Overly impressed on initial use!

Okay, I'm back. Did I mention that I'm old? While my unit was charging I read the Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie fine print instructions. I wasn't sure I totally saw them correctly so I went on YouTube and watched the company video. It occurred to me if a person hasn't had experience with vaporizer battery packs that the instructions are a little vague. Especially around holding the button down. I read the instructions saying don't hold the button down for longer than 10 seconds the video said not longer than 30 seconds, but neither one told you why you're holding the button down. I think that would be a good thing to include for those that have never used something like this.

I loaded a chunk of crumble into the chamber I put it on high temperature. There are three temperatures which Escape me at the moment since I've been vaping some crumble. The high temperature was around what I normally set my D nail at.

I got a really nice big rip of super thick Vape. Had surprisingly good flavor from the terpenes, especially since this crumble isn't really known for that. I went to take a second rip and nothing. I Vaped the entire Chunk in the first rip. I immediately thought to myself if this is one hit for every load it's going to be tough to like. So I put another chunk of crumble about the same size as the other, I thought, and hit that about six seven times nice big clouds.

I wasn't exactly sure when I was actually finished with the Vape. Towards the end The Vape became clear and kind of stale and I wanted to make sure I burned everything off. After a while and I thought that I burned things off I went ahead and set it aside. I took a few shots of the coils and there was actually quite a bit of residue still in there. So I went ahead and started it up again and sure enough I did get a little bit of a vape off of it. Once I was certain that I must have got everything burned off I shut it down and had a look and nope there's still some more in there.

So I don't know if that's just what they normally look like after a sesh or if I need to do something a little different. I've been thinking I could probably burn that residue out of there with this little butane soldering iron I have. If I remove the iron it has really nice pinpoint Blue Torch underneath.

During the entire session I didn't use the recycler and I left the little carburetor adjustment open wide. I'll probably hit it a few more times today the same way and then try something a little different tomorrow.

Oh yeah, it beats the s*** out of the DaVinci Ascent with an oil can in it. I especially like how I can reload quickly if I didn't get enough in there. That's not quite so it easy with the DaVinci.
4d2a3f489f6ec108be3325ed4ea36d9c.jpg
41d2c17d5a2d6ffb70a3bd0513418280.jpg
0f03aa7c3156e9d2cac52004d2c6c133.jpg

So after fiddling around for a little while, I decided to try a technique that I use with the DaVinci Ascent to get more of the wax consumed. In The DaVinci the heat comes from the side of the chamber and the best way to burn off all the Vape is too actually turn it about a 30 to 45 degree angle and rotate it around as you're drawing. I decided to try that technique at the end of my vape session to see if I could get any significant clouds and I was rewarded with several good medium thick clouds and a much cleaner chamber afterwards. So I think that will be my technique from now on.

So after fiddling around for a little while, I decided to try a technique that I use with the DaVinci Ascent to get more of the wax consumed. In The DaVinci the heat comes from the side of the chamber and the best way to burn off all the Vape is too actually turn it about a 30 to 45 degree angle and rotate it around as you're drawing. I decided to try that technique at the end of my vape session to see if I could get any significant clouds and I was rewarded with several good medium thick clouds and a much cleaner chamber afterwards. So I think that will be my technique from now on.

great tip I will try that

First I've gotta thank AFN and Ali from Bee-Nails for letting us test out the Go-Bee vape pen! I'm normally the flower type, but like the portability of vaping. I've owned rigs in the past, but like mentioned on the podcast, the whole torch thing and pre-set up just to smoke, felt wrong. Ive tried other pens in the past, but all they really did was burn your concentrates. So, needly to say, I was excited to give the Go-Bee a try after about a yr of stearing clear of vape pens.

As mentioned the packing was awesome. The instructions were simple, and the accessories are great. You didn't get spare atomizers and o-rings included a couple of yrs ago. Set up was a breeze. I think I got a full charge in under an hr. Ive been using it since friday and havent had to recharge it yet.

One of the first things I noticed was the weight and size of the pen itself. I have friends that have garage door opener sized vapes that weigh about the same. That was my first inclination that this was not poorly made. I can easy use it one handed, with my pinky finger pressing the bottom button. I assume it was designed for that, lol.

The features are also an added plus. My favorite is the temp control. Since concentrates start to burn off terps and reduce flavor at around 525 degrees or so, its nice to have a low setting, which is 575 degrees. I also like the air flow control. Some concentrates are cleaner than others and burn better.. So you need more air flow. Sometimes you over pack the pen, Or you just want a more suttle dose.. Its nice to have options.

As a pen, the Go-Bee is kick ass. Get the setting just right for your liking and you are in for a coughing, cloudy good time. I underestimated this bad boy my first few pulls and almost lost a lung... And and eyenball, lol.

Attaching the recycler is like giving thor a 2nd hammer.. It legitimately becomes a baby bubbler/mini rig! The clouds can rival ones pulled from $300 rigs. The instructions said that the recycler had a spill proof design... So I left it sitting up right on a couch pillow. Came home and it was on it's side. Water had leaked into the atomizer. Not a lot, but definitely some.. It crackled for about 30 mins while it dried itself. I think I dodged a bullet with that one.

To. me, the main difference detween a pen and a rig is the type of concentrates that you can use. YES, the Go-Bee will handle all non liquid forms.. But dealing with shatter specifically, and a pen, can get messy. As we know, shatter doesn't really "shatter", lol. Its hard to get a small piece of of a half gram without touching it and everything else. I definitely prefer using crumble in the Go-Bee!

I took a note from SOH, and have been cleaning the Go-Bee after any heavy use. I know how mucked up things can get, and I'd hate to break the glass mouthpiece or recycler because of residue. A qtip and a little rubbing alcohol and you're good.

So far so good! My friends love the recycler and had never heard of Bee-Nails or the Go-Bee pen, and immediately went to the website. This may be habit forming.. Or changing.. In a good way!
SAM_2133~2.JPG
SAM_2135~2.JPG
SAM_2137~2.JPG
SAM_2138~2.JPG
SAM_2141~2.JPG
SAM_2142~2.JPG
SAM_2143~2.JPG
SAM_2144~2.JPG

Back