Mephisto Genetics Bigger pots longer veg ?

Towlie

Don't forget to bring a towel
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour crack
So I have 2 sour crinkle 1 double grape and 1 jammy dodgers all on day 32 jammy has just shown signs of sex the other 3 entered pre flower about a week ago Maybe a bit longer dose a bigger pot size extend veg period

I know there different strains with different cycles but my previous white crack grow in the same size pot as the jammy dodgers vegged for around 40 days

Attachments

• 20220404_180837.jpg
    20220404_180837.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220404_180831.jpg
    20220404_180831.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 71
Left to right sour crinkle double grape dodgers

Attachments

• 20220404_180817.jpg
    20220404_180817.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
So I have 2 sour crinkle 1 double grape and 1 jammy dodgers all on day 32 jammy has just shown signs of sex the other 3 entered pre flower about a week ago Maybe a bit longer dose a bigger pot size extend veg period

I know there different strains with different cycles but my previous white crack grow in the same size pot as the jammy dodgers vegged for around 40 days
iv definitely seen people talking about it there was a guy called slowmo or something like that i remember he did a experiment on it and he though it defiantly made a difference

In my experience the depth of the pot affects the veg time more than the overall size. Most autos tend to start flowering when the main root system gets to the bottom of the pot.

Longer veg time with bigger pots is my tentative conclusion in hydro.

I think this to be true. I used to grow my autos in 3 or 5 gallon pots and now I grow in 1 gallon pots. I am seeing incredibly fast finishes in the 60-70 range when I was in the 80-90 range before. I contribute that to both smaller pots but also New Millennium Winter Frost. Switched pot size same time I got the Winter Frost so not sure who the real hero is lol I know people usually want longer veg for larger overall yield but I am doing perpetual grow, two seeds every two weeks in smaller pots and soil. So these 65-75 day plants are all I really want and need. I got some 1 gallon fabric pots that were taller and skinnier than standard and they seemed to a little larger with longer veg in those compared to shorter 1 gallon pots but not same cultivar so can't really compare.

Big roots big fruits. Small pots for quick seed to harvest times. Love growing a bunch of strains that I havent had a chance to try in 1 Gallon soil.

I did an experiment in a 10 gallon pot recently. It was a FB Orange Sherbet in coco yielded 20.5 oz. Same grow I did a Strawberry Nuggets in a 5 and got 13.4 oz. And a night owl sage Scout in a 5 yielded almost 10 oz. She got a little crowded out though. Grow thread is linked below.

Different strains obviously but the FB went about 20 more days. Mephisto and NO finished around the same time of 90 days. Deeper pot definitely seems to make a difference. I bought some 10 gallon TALL pots that I’d like to experiment further with. But they’re tall and skinny and a little top heavy when filled. One of these days I’ll do two of the same strain for further comparison.

Big roots big fruits. Small pots for quick seed to harvest times. Love growing a bunch of strains that I havent had a chance to try in 1 Gallon soil.

Good idea I have almost all of your beans in my stash and will take me a while to try them out think will try some 1 gal grows next run

Got a load of freebie crosses im iching to try will 1 gal them and put orange biscuits or purple nuggets in a big container which one do you think will grow best in a big pot

I feel genetics is the most important factor determining when a plant starts flowering. In my experience pot size (total volume or depth) doesn't influence when a plant flowers. I've been growing in either 5 or 6 gallon tall pots for the past 5 grows and I haven't noticed any difference in flowering compared to when I used regular form pots. On occasion I get a plant that has a longer than average flowering time but that seems random not influenced by environment as the other plants in the group don't.

Back