Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey everyone, I wanted to get some feedback and help put this into the spotlight a bit more, but we've got a blogging software add-on for the forum that several members here have been testing out for us and we've gotten a lot of very positive feedback so far on how CLEAN they work as far as a journal format goes.

We're very thankful and grateful to @Damien50 for taking his own time and initiative to put together a tutorial on how to use the new blogging software, and we wanted to share it with all of you to see if we can get more people to take some interest in it and shape it out more!

Here's a link to his tutorial:

Here is a link to the actual blog page:

This is very much a work-in-progress, but it's progress that we're getting feedback directly from the people using it and trying to implement changes based ON that feedback! So your comments and experiences are very much appreciated and used here!

There's been talk about opening this up to included specific breeders on the categories, to include a Cooking category for those that just want a real clean way to display their recipes and cooking experiences, etc.

We're still supporting/allowing the traditional post-and-reply method of creating threads and replying to them (so this is NOT a gun pointed to anyone's head here for journaling,) this is simply an alternative method that may prove to be a better way to journal in the long run.

So thanks for reading this, at the very least I encourage you to check it out (even if it's not your thing or your bag,) and we'll try to make this more of what people want!

Thanks!

Big fan of the blogs here!
they can be totes intimidating at first but if you’re detail oriented and like messing around with organization and presentation the blog is the way to go vs the traditional journal.
hobbes said and I’d agree that the blogs aren’t a replacement for the journal. They are just another tool like a journal.
there are a few of us who’ve embraced em so there’s no shortage of people available to answer questions and help out if you find yourself with a hankering to tinker!
Damiens got that comprehensive guide going and I’ve even thrown together an intro to setting up simple clean blogs as well.
if we can do it, anybody can lol.
hope to catch y’all over in the blogs sometime!!

I'm thankful for this new feature on my first home for cannabis and I've gotten to the opportunity to interact with a lot of new people because of it.

I've finished my first journal in the blogging space and I've enjoyed the process. The learning was steeper than making a forum thread but the amount of creative space and myriad of options have been enjoyable.

Everyone won't need it or use this feature but the amount of opportunity for various types of blogs is there. For those that will and or want to use it you'll be getting a completely unique, clean, and full featured space.

• No more sifting through 20+ page journals to find 20 updates
  • Full discussion tab that integrates with the forums
  • An individual gallery in each blog entry to show your best pics
  • Unlimited paging for journals or other interest
  • Embedding to share blogs easily across the forums
  • Free promotion in a better format
  • Comments section
There's a lot more to all this and I believe the perpetual growers will be the most interested initially. @Gladiators will really benefit from blogging

Guide to Blogging on AFN

Guide to Blogging on AFN

Blogs are a new feature that many won't be familiar with but we're going to make it easy. In this blog entry I'll cover blog creation and manipulation from A-Z in short but comprehensive pages to help anyone navigate this new feature. At first you might not know why you would even need a blog...

I'm glad to help anyone in getting their own blog set up. Pm me, tag me, whatever.

P.S.

Follow the Green Arrow. Makes it easier to navigate the blog and forum.

Lumii_20191229_114448661.jpgScreenshot_20191229-114222.jpg

Last edited:
I love this approach! To clarify is this something AFN will continue to support through future changes? I don't want a documented grow to dissapear if the software changes, in the event of a software change. I agree very much by the way that this is a much better way to document a grow!

Im just gunna leave this lil edit right here.... @Son of Hobbes

Okay, full disclosure I didn't program this and it's 3rd party software that I didn't write. Not everyone is an English major :rofl: That is funny though, I see typos in the programming from time to time. I'll see if there's a way for me to fix it lol.

I love this approach! To clarify is this something AFN will continue to support through future changes? I don't want a documented grow to dissapear if the software changes, in the event of a software change. I agree very much by the way that this is a much better way to document a grow!

Yes, we are planning on supporting this software add-on for the foreseeable future. The developer of the software is very active (in fact I asked about a feature request and he said it's already planned for a future patch,) and quite honestly it's one of the better journaling solutions I've found for our forum software. The growers that have tried it out so far have really seemed to like it, and with the guide Damien wrote hopefully it's not terribly hard to transition into (it's something new and there's a little learning curve, so it will just take time.)

Back