Blue_Dreamer's Perpetual Grow Journal

I may have really screwed the pooch here.

After I found that bud rot, I thought oh, you know what kills fungus? Ozone. And I own an ozone generator. So I unplugged the exhaust fan from the tent, plugged in the ozone generator and let it run for 20 minutes.

I even did some googling and saw big industrial grows use it, so I thought I was really smart.

Yeah. I used too much.

1713573712359.png

All of the plants are like this. And the tomato seedlings in there are now brown with weird seed through leaves.

I am REALLY hoping some of these recover. Even half. I'd be happy with half.

I'll report back soon.

and the tent is trash. Had to chop it all down. Woke up this morning and opened it up and every plant looks like this.

1713623916248.png

Even the gnomes are dead.

All of the leaves are like dried out paper. Even if the plants somehow bounced back, I don't think its worth it for what little weed I'd get.

So I cut them all down.

It appears 2 money maker tomatoes may have survived, possibly a diva cucumber, and I'm trying to save 2 of my clones, they may be young enough and since they are photos, they could come out of it.

and the tent is trash. Had to chop it all down. Woke up this morning and opened it up and every plant looks like this.

View attachment 1678251

Even the gnomes are dead.

All of the leaves are like dried out paper. Even if the plants somehow bounced back, I don't think its worth it for what little weed I'd get.

So I cut them all down.

It appears 2 money maker tomatoes may have survived, possibly a diva cucumber, and I'm trying to save 2 of my clones, they may be young enough and since they are photos, they could come out of it.
What happened? Too much ozone?

Trying to save some of these clones. They may not be totally cooked.

1713718616160.png

I had 4 in hydro and 7 in dirt. I managed to save a few of the dirt ones too that weren't totally fried. I trimmed off any of the bad leaves. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll pull through, because I am really liking this Blue Gelato that I'm growing.

1713718669855.png

And while I am a moron, I can actually grow plants. I still have 3 healthy plants in the other tent!

Blue Gelato #41 Photo

1713718707281.png

Witch Doctor x Anvil Auto

1713718744333.png

I really like this one. I grew one for a friend in a gallon pot and its curing right now. It has a wonderful sandalwood and spicy berry smell to it.

And then my blackberry gum.

1713718807129.png

This guy is a little smaller than I typically get out of DWC. BUT, I did top it, twice. I've been doing some experimenting, playing around with topping some of my auto plants two or three times to see what sort of results I get. It definitely nets you a bushier plant, but I don't think its worth it to continue to do.

I won't be starting any new plants. I leave on vacay in a month in a half for over a week, and I don't have anyone I trust enough to water my girls. So I'll do what I did last year, shut everything down for that week, then when I get back kick off one tent and wait 6-8 weeks and then start the 2nd tent back up after the super hot weather has passed.

I won't be starting any new plants. I leave on vacay in a month in a half for over a week, and I don't have anyone I trust enough to water my girls. So I'll do what I did last year, shut everything down for that week, then when I get back kick off one tent and wait 6-8 weeks and then start the 2nd tent back up after the super hot weather has passed.
Can you set up an automatic watering system? I'm working on a watering setup in case my current grow isn't finished before I travel for my son's wedding end of May.

Can you set up an automatic watering system? I'm working on a watering setup in case my current grow isn't finished before I travel for my son's wedding end of May.

If it was 3-4 days, I wouldn't worry as much.

But at 8 days, if the watering systems fails, by day 8 I have super dry plants in a tent with 330 watts of lighting. Seems like a tender box ready to go up in flames.

Too much risk of setting my house on fire. I can just not grow for a few weeks, its not the end of the world.

Good news - 3 of my 4 clones survived that I had in hydro, and another 3 survived in dirt. They seem to be bouncing back well.

My remaining 3 plants are doing well.

1714082143486.png

The Blackberry Gum (in the back) will probably be ready in another week or two. The Witch Doc x Anvil a week or two after that.

The Blue Gelato (on right) maybe...a month. Its looking like it wants to get a lot denser.

Yesterday I gave away all but 3 of my blue gelato clones, they went to a fried of mine's dad who is starting a grow. So he got 3 clones in dirt. I kept 3 in hydro.

1714329900864.png

Two went into 5 gallon buckets, and I'm keeping that other as just a backup, just in case something goes wrong. Both are in 5 gallons of water with Masterblend at around 1000ppm.

This is the parent plant.

1714330004919.png

I'm super stoked with how delicious it smells.

I've been going back and forth on what to do with these clones while I'm on vacation. I really don't want to leave my grow going, but I guess I have no choice unless I want the clones to die. I am going to be manifolding or mainlining these clones just like I did their parent. I was super impressed, I topped that thing like 4 times and created 32 main branches. And its in flower and bigger than the autos I started at the same time and did less training on.

So I'm going to mainline these things and right before I leave on my week trip I'm going to do a heavy defoliation and root trim, then turn the lights down to 50% for the week I'm gone, but leave it on 24/7. This way the light transformer stays cooler, just in case something bad happens like the exhaust fans dies. I'll stick a wyze cam in the tent too, so I can keep an eye on things. If it looks like the plants are drying out because they ran out of water I can remotely kill the light.

Back