Blue_Dreamer's Perpetual Grow Journal

My Blue Gelato clones.

1711912498647.png

The stems were cut at a steep angle to maximize the exposure to the pith, and dipped in CloneX for a few minutes, then into the rapid rooters. In the bottom tray is about 1/4" of water and the rest of the clonex out of the shotglass that I used to dip the ends in.

The humidity dome won't fit with as tall as these are, so I put the whole thing in my vegetable seedling tent, its about 90* and very high humidity, because I don't have an extraction fan on that tent, I just leave the door cracked to let heat out.

Good morning growmies.

Had to move the light up on my Gorilla. Overnight it grew into the light and was burning. So I raised it about a foot. Getting 1200 ppfd at the top of the Gorilla and around 450 at the top of the other plant. I also super cropped a couple of the top branches that were reaching up into the light. I'm gonna let it flower for another week or two and then do another heavy haircut on it to trim out all the leaf to increase airflow, I'd hate to end up with a ton of bud and it all have fungus in it. I also sprayed it down heavily with Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide, its a bacteria that has antifungal properties that should help as well.

1712241599620.png

Once my veggie seedlings are out of here, I'll be swapping the tents around so the the Gorilla goes in the smaller of the two tents by itself and gets a smaller 200 watt LED light all to itself and everything else will be happy with the bigger light in the bigger tent.

And my Amnesia Lemon is looking particularly awesome this morning. For a 1 gallon grow its gotten huge.

1712241712066.png

Moved the plants around.

The Gorilla went to its own tent under the viparspectra P2000. So it now has its own 200 watt LED and doesn't have to share anymore.

The veggies in the bottom aren't getting a ton of light, I'm hoping they do ok for the next few weeks until they get moved outside.

1712265950522.png

There is one photoperiod in the other tent, so the lighting is 12/12 but they are getting over 1000ppfd at the tops of the plants, so I think they'll be fine.

1712266024519.png

1712757494628.png

Plugging along nicely over here. Every day or two I go take a branch off the male full of pollen sacks and brush the branches I want to knock up on these.

The blackberry gum is going to be FULL of seed though, I accidentally shook the whole male plant over it, and 2 days later all the pistils were brown. Oh well. That would be (Stone Dragon x Orange Diesel) x Blackberry Gum. That'll be a weird mix of terpenes, thats for sure.

The flowers on the Stone Dragon x Orange Diesel are getting big enough to give a little squeeze and smell your fingers. They seemed to pick up more of the terpene profile from the stone dragon.

Gave the 3 girls in DWC a haircut today. The Blackberry gum especially was extremely dense and leafed up and the interior was damp.

1713043245764.png

RIP Fastbuds Gorilla @ 112 days. Was only showing pistils and wasn't flowering more and had been showing the same level of flower for over a month under 12/12 lighting. It was a failed auto that didn't flower until I moved it under 12/12 light, then it barely flowered and just kind of...stopped there but just kept vegging.

1713043365681.png

It was taking up an entire tent and blocking light to my veggie seedlings and was too big to share a tent with any other bud. And I wasn't even sure if it was ever going to actually flower. I finally just opened all 3 tents up and chopped it down with a pair of pruners so all the other plants could see what happens when you fuck around on me and don't flower. Sometimes examples have to be made.

In better news, the Blue Gelato clones rooted!

1713044670632.png

8 out of 12 are showing roots, 2 more are probably rooted and not showing, and 2 pulled out of the plugs with a gentle pull, so I don't think they took. So 5 out of 6 success rate just using CloneX and Rapid Rooter plugs. I'm happy with that, its not like I'm a breeder or something.

4 went into glass quart jars in kratky hydro setup so I can let them veg. They are in 2" net cups now but they are easy to snip off and upgrade to a bigger cup when its time. The other 4 went into solo cups in dirt, they are going to a friends dad.

In all likelihood 2 of the blue gelato will go in DWC, along with a Royal Queen Blue Cheese and a Secret Seed Society Pina Grande. That is, once the current DWC tent finishes up in 4-6 weeks.

The other tent will be done around the same time, and I'm probably going to do all seeds from Speedrun seeds, I'm excited to try out some of those. Haven't decided if I'll do them in DWC or dirt. I'm honestly having fun with both right now.

Last edited:
Dude, if I could, I would. But I live in town. All that would do would put a huge target on my back. I keep things as low key around here as possible.
Yea,I haven't been in this game very long, but I've seen a ton of pics and that thing is easily the gnarliest plant I've ever seen lol. Shame but I hear ya.

Found some bud rot on the Big Bud today.

1713537202249.png

I removed it from the tent and decided it was time to go ahead and harvest it, it was very trichome heavy and a lot were milky colored.

I cut out any questionable looking areas before it could spread.

1713537245833.png

I also treated the rest of the tent with a very heavy dose of Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide, its a beneficial bacteria that has antifungal properties.

Back