Brown bits on leaves

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m a brand new grower, got a couple girls on the go. Growing them outside and bringing in at night right now until I sort some sort of greenhouse.
They’re about 6/7 weeks old, and they’ve been getting brown bits on the leaves. I chopped off some of the Culprates yesterday but I’m sure there’s some more forming.
I’m feeding them biogrow and bloom, and recently added some calmag just in case they had a deficiency.
Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
1FBF4599-FE38-4F30-9FD5-9826755D1322.jpeg
7830A7B2-DB77-44B8-BA78-0C1AD7CBC062.jpeg
81E37815-6DD7-42EB-B960-D086D68B5A9D.jpeg
EF37BA78-26F0-4DED-B79F-A9AF3F281D51.jpeg
836F92ED-7116-4991-AAD9-C784C1D51D21.jpeg

Woah man. Just growing naturally or you had lights?

Hi @visco :welcome:Welcome to AFN :welcome:. You have something going on but we need more information as it can be a few things. I am interested in knowing the temperatures day/night that you have had over the past 6/7 weeks. Please fill out the form and we will help in any way we can.

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate:
night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics!

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Problem: Brown bits on leaves, possibly nute burn?

Medium/grow method: canna terra

Feed: and supplements used: biogrow grow, bloom, Calmag

water source: tap water, no metres used

Strain/age: auto blue tooth and auto bazar

light used: no lights used, relying on sunlight

Climate: weather has been pretty good for UK, around 18-25 degrees for most of their lives, a few cloudy days, and a bit colder in early life.

Additional info: First grow, so not stocked up with metres etc, been following Biobizz grow chart, which I realise now is foolish, because although they are 6 weeks old, they've obviously been stunted along the line so they are probably a little behind

THanks dude

To tell you the truth, I'm a noob at this (second grow), I Haven't used any nutes on mine, and I also have some yellow and spekled leaves, I'm thinking my case is a potassium deficiency. Like I said, can't speak from experience, maybe some seasoned growers will chime in and give us some diagnoses.
In my case, I don't even know the strain I'm growing, bought a mixed pack without labeling, as a matter of fact, I'm trying to ballpark how long until harvest!

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_100554057.jpg
    IMG_20200526_100554057.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200526_100622729.jpg
    IMG_20200526_100622729.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 42

Medium/grow method: canna terra

Feed: and supplements used: biogrow grow, bloom, Calmag

water source: tap water, no metres used

Strain/age: auto blue tooth and auto bazar

light used: no lights used, relying on sunlight

Climate: weather has been pretty good for UK, around 18-25 degrees for most of their lives, a few cloudy days, and a bit colder in early life.

Additional info: First grow, so not stocked up with metres etc, been following Biobizz grow chart, which I realise now is foolish, because although they are 6 weeks old, they've obviously been stunted along the line so they are probably a little behind

THanks dude
20°C is the lowest you really want them to get and the slow start may partly be due to cold temperatures, Maybe a little short on light. You could supplement with some LED lighting.

What appears to be a deficiency may well be that or a PH problem. You really need a PH soil probe to test the PH in the root zone (Accurate 8 or clone, don't buy cheap ones they do not work) PH Pen to test nutrients before feeding, EC pen to test nutrient strength.

Water quality is very important. If you are on municipal water there is a report available. The biggest concern is Chloramines (ammonia and chlorine) used to sanitize the water. If only chlorine is used it will dissipate on its own. If chloramines it needs treatment with vitamin C.

You may have added too much Calmag which looks the same as too little. If your nutrients become out of balance lock-out can occur soil/sunlight grows rarely need additional calmag.

tox-lockout.jpg

Your plants are not in serious trouble yet so stop adding cal mag and work on getting warm, light and the tools and water information.

Keep me posted.

:goodluck:

:vibe:

Back