Indoor Buzzard tests some Laughing Hyena Seeds

Day 84 for the Purple Domina and the Northern Afghan. The purple Domina is stacking on bulk like crazy. She is incredibly greasy when touched. She really is making up for lost time. I think she will probably go at least another week. I am not looking forward to trimming this one as there is an awful lot to trim.
The Northern Afghan is almost ready to chop. Will probably go down some time this week. There are some beautiful colas on this girl. Dripping in frost and just reeking of dankness. She has a spicy, hashy smell to her. The trichomes appear huge on this one, she would certainly be a candidate for hash making. I am really looking forward to the legendary medical effects I have heard about this one. She is looking to be a super easy trim as there is very little leaf compared to flower.
pics are PD followed by NA.........thanks for stopping by.................:growing:

20240422_165408.jpg
20240422_165455.jpg
20240422_165508.jpg
20240422_165519.jpg

After three days hanging and six days in paper bag, the Mango Stick and the Northern Berry are going into Grove bags for curing. I kept about a half ounce of each out for uncured sampling before weighing what went into the bags. The Mango Stick had 95 grams of bud that is quite airy due to the rough start. This plant is sensitive to nitrogen and I accidently used pearlite that contained nutrients. She was the only one that clawed and it definitely set her back a bit. The buds are covered in trichs so I think I will make hash with her after a short cure. She has a very fruity smell and taste and the stone is every bit as good as the Lil Stick parent. Hits fast but is very uplifting and great daytime buzz. I suspect she will put you down if you go to far though.

The Northern Berry has about 73 grams of nice firm bud going into a grove bag. This strain did not disappoint. It has a fantastic blueberry smell and taste that you just can't get enough of. It gummed up the grinder so it definitely has it's share of goodness. I had already had one big hit from the Mango Stick but this one hit me behind the eyes almost immediately and then a beautiful warm feeling just kind of spread to my extremities. This is a keeper strain for sure, can't wait for it to be released.

I will do a formal review in a few weeks after curing. Thanks for stopping by........ :meds:
20240426_085301.jpg
20240426_085327.jpg
20240426_085409.jpg

Last edited:
Day 91 for the Purple Domina and the Northern Afghan. We are in the harvest window and I think in the next couple of days I will chop the Northern Afghan. At the same time I think I will take the tops of the Purple Domina and leave the underside for some time to finish. The Northern Afghan has really slowed it's uptake but the Purple Domina is still drinking a fair bit.

Thanks for taking a look......I'll post again on chop day........ :growing:

20240429_134217.jpg
20240429_134237.jpg
20240429_134303.jpg
20240429_134317.jpg

I harvested the Northern Afghan today at day 94. It was easy to trim the few longer leaves out of the colas and now it can hang for a few days whole and then into paper bags until dry enough for Grove Bags. It is just covered in trichomes and has that old school spicy Afghan smell. I'll update when she is dry, thanks for looking..... :growing:

20240502_095717.jpg
20240502_101826.jpg

Back