Indoor Buzzard tests some Laughing Hyena Seeds

germination

Buzzard

The 70's, Best 54 years of my life!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blood Orange Haze, Cosmic Queen, RavenberryxGWK
Hello all.....I was asked to test some strains for @LaughingHyenaSeeds . I will be doing 4 strains, two are new strains, Mango Stick and Northern Berry. Two are new batch tests, Purple Domina and Northern Afghan.
Mango Stick is Mango Thai from The Real Seed Co. X Lil Stick. Northern Berry is Northern Berry from Peak Seeds X Blueberry Auto from Wicked Pissah.
Purple Domina is Purple Jem from Mossy X Black Domina from Sensi Seeds. Northern Afghan is NL5 x Afghan from Mr. Nice Seeds X Lil MOBstar

I will be growing in 5
20240124_160441.jpg
gallon fabric pots with coco coir. They are in a 5x5 tent with a Phantom Pheno 440 light for starters. I will be adding more lighting at flowering. Nutrients are Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice 3 part . I use an assortment of bennies as well.

I've never really paid attention to coco grows before, so you'll have to show us how you do everything. :lol: I'm really interested in seeing how they did with a cross with TRSC Mango Thai, too. That should be :fire:! I've considered buying Mango Thai seeds a couple of times.

Hi everyone,
Just an FYI. We have brought someone new to the team to help out with Purple Domina, Northern Afghan and a few other strains.

these strains will go through testing for quality assurance before being released to the public.

Any feedback is welcomed.

St. Tom

thanks for all you do for growers here I appreciate it also on Instagram as long as its grown on here tag me with decent pics as you know what they like over there as a collaborator to bump your views up
Today will be day 1 as all four seeds are up and looking to the light. The Purple Domina was the star of the germination. Had a tail and was planted in 21 hours . All are looking healthy and should be building roots. Still not getting any helmet heads so I'm quite happy with the tweaks I made to my germination methods. I start in paper towel, I check often for a tail and don't let it go any longer that it takes to start to curl {about an eighth inch}. Then I plant it 3/8 inch deep with the tip of the tail in the 2 or 10 o'clock position and the curve going down. I've been doing this for the past two years and every plant has pulled itself out of the ground helmetless but one, and it fell off on it's own. Thanks for stopping by, I will try to update weekly .........:weed::weed::weed:
20240129_110401.jpg
20240129_110409.jpg

Today will be day 1 as all four seeds are up and looking to the light. The Purple Domina was the star of the germination. Had a tail and was planted in 21 hours . All are looking healthy and should be building roots. Still not getting any helmet heads so I'm quite happy with the tweaks I made to my germination methods. I start in paper towel, I check often for a tail and don't let it go any longer that it takes to start to curl {about an eighth inch}. Then I plant it 3/8 inch deep with the tip of the tail in the 2 or 10 o'clock position and the curve going down. I've been doing this for the past two years and every plant has pulled itself out of the ground helmetless but one, and it fell off on it's own. Thanks for stopping by, I will try to update weekly .........:weed::weed::weed:View attachment 1662509View attachment 1662511
I admire the attention to detail, I don't have it .

One week in and I'm already a day behind. It is day 8 for the girls and they are just doing their thing making roots. The Northern Afghan got a little leggy and needed a little support until it gets some rigidity in the stem. Silica should help. Other than that there isn't much to see yet. I suspect the Purple Domina is going to be a small compact plant so will probably let it go natural. The rest will probably be FIM'ed between 5th and 6th internodes if possible. Thanks for stopping by.............

:growing:
20240206_130321.jpg
20240206_130323.jpg

Day 14 for the girls and they are moving along. I removed the first node and associated growth on all four. The Purple Domina will be left natural as it is looking to be a short bushy indica. The rest look like prime candidates to FIM between 5th and 6th node. That will give 8 mains per topped plant. Plants are taking nutrients twice a day until we get about 20% runoff. Nutrients are about 200ppm and a ph of 5.9. They are about to take off. Thanks for stopping by
:growing: :weed::growing:
20240212_123809.jpg
20240212_123852.jpg
20240212_123900.jpg
20240212_123922.jpg

showed sex
Day 21 and the growth is in high gear. All four have showed some white pistils and are starting to stretch out. Had a minor setback with the nutrients. I was seeing signs of nitrogen toxicity but couldn't find a source. It turns out the Perlite I added to the coco had nutrients in it. I cut back the ppm on my nutes to accommodate it and it seems to be ok. All but the Purple Domina were FIM'ed between the 5th and 6th nodes. Bottom node and associated growth was removed from all of them. The Northern Berry is a bit of a beast, going to be a taller one, It is already throwing leaves with niners. Thanks for stopping by....:weed:

Purple Domina, Northern Afghan, Mango Stick, and Northern Berry

20240219_141030.jpg
20240219_141115.jpg
20240219_141122.jpg
20240219_141127.jpg

A day late but still good. It is now Day 29. Plants are stretching nice and looking fairly healthy. Waiting for the pom poms. The Purple Domina showed a female flower a week ago but hasn't shown any more since. Will have to watch her and possibly move to the closet and try 12/12. She is growing strong and putting out 11 lobed leaf clusters so maybe she just needs a boost to get going. This was one of the seeds that were run by a new helper at Laughing Hyena seeds so will watch closely. The Northern Afghan is getting tall and has pretty long internodal gaps. Mango Stick has a very nice even canopy developing, Northern Berry is a beautiful vigorous plant and should have a pretty nice even canopy as well. The next few weeks should see some flowering action start and then the smells ............. looking forward to it...............thanks for stopping by.
20240227_104717.jpg
20240227_104724.jpg
20240227_104730.jpg
20240227_104734.jpg

Back