Reaction score
Problem: brown spots appearing

Medium/grow method: pro mix hp

Feed: and supplements used: root farm

water source: tap water left out at least 24hrs

Strain/age: blueberry/ 53days

light used:1200watt Philzon led

Climate: 26c roughly 60%rh

Additional info:the spots seem to be on the lower leaves only. I am assuming cal def as I haven’t used any calmag supplements
1B1AF487-3BA8-4519-8B6A-8CA559172720.jpeg8BBAB965-38C9-454E-8422-CFBAB548F836.jpeg12664949-D6B6-49BE-8B45-A60A4A38FFFA.jpeg

Problem: brown spots appearing

Medium/grow method: pro mix hp

Feed: and supplements used: root farm

water source: tap water left out at least 24hrs

Strain/age: blueberry/ 53days

light used:1200watt Philzon led

Climate: 26c roughly 60%rh

Additional info:the spots seem to be on the lower leaves only. I am assuming cal def as I haven’t used any calmag supplements
View attachment 1344726View attachment 1344727View attachment 1344728

Hey brother.. disclaimer first.. I ain't no pro :jointman:

Are you pH'ing your feeds/water??

I'm a soil grower of around 7/8 years experience.. I don't pH because I use AN pH perfect nutes however I've read some comments by some very knowledgeable members on here that would suggest that your problem is not that you need to add more calmag but rather that your lil lady is unable to uptake the cal and mag in your soil/feed because your pH is out of range..

Just a thought.. hope that makes sense!

I do ph my water to between 5.8 - 6.3 but try to keep it closer to the 5.8. I also checked my soil by scooping a bit of the soil soaking and straining and checking the water and it land just above 6.0

I do ph my water to between 5.8 - 6.3 but try to keep it closer to the 5.8. I also checked my soil by scooping a bit of the soil soaking and straining and checking the water and it land just above 6.0

There's an infirmary thread m8 where u fill in some details on a form grow style media nutes etc and some of the proper heavy hitters will address your issue.. my man @St. Tom should be able to point you at it if u can't find it.

Have you checked the ppm of your water with and without nutes?

The ppm without nutes is about 150ppm I can’t remember what it was exactly but it was around 400-500 ppm with nutes

I would suspect most of the 150ppm from your water is calcium, and Pro-Mix HP contains dolomite lime, which also has calcium. As such, I would think your plants have more than enough calcium, although you might want to check a municipal water report to see if you can get a better sense of what’s in your water.

Anyway, if with nutes you’re getting 500, that means only 350ppm is coming from your nutrients. I think your plant might be a little hungry. You’d want to be closer to 550 without including your starting water.

I would suspect most of the 150ppm from your water is calcium, and Pro-Mix HP contains dolomite lime, which also has calcium. As such, I would think your plants have more than enough calcium, although you might want to check a municipal water report to see if you can get a better sense of what’s in your water.

Anyway, if with nutes you’re getting 500, that means only 350ppm is coming from your nutrients. I think your plant might be a little hungry. You’d want to be closer to 550 without including your starting water.
Thanks I am going to be watering them this evening so I’ll try and raise the nutes up a lil bit I did lower it recently because I was noticing the tips on the leaves were brown/yellow so thought I was giving to much

Thanks I am going to be watering them this evening so I’ll try and raise the nutes up a lil bit I did lower it recently because I was noticing the tips on the leaves were brown/yellow so thought I was giving to much

Right on. The caveat here is still your starting water is on the high side. Perhaps you can mix some with distilled water or looking to some filtration or RO systems?

@essadis420 :welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Pro Mix HP is primarily peat so you want to PH at 6.3 going in. Your starting water of 150 PPM will be about 50 PPM of calcium so you should not need to add any. You also do not need to dilute it.

It would be good to look at your water report to see how much calcium and magnesium you have in the water? Sanitation is also a question; looking for ammonia in the sanitizer section.

Back