Can anybody help me please

Kystro

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
one of my plants has randomly started to droop and I'm not sure why can anybody please give me an answer.
Problem: drooping leaves

Medium/grow method: bio bizz light soil/perlite

Feed: and supplements used: 0.5 of bio bizz grow but it was starting to droop before I added nutrients

water source: tap water, rested for 24hr plus

Strain/age: Cherry cola or orange sherbet I forget

light used: HP's 250w

Climate: indoors, temps range from 17-18c lights off average of 24c with lights on

Additional info: this is the third day of such issue

Attachments

• IMG20231130135518.jpg
    IMG20231130135518.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 15
one of my plants has randomly started to droop and I'm not sure why can anybody please give me an answer.
Problem: drooping leaves

Medium/grow method: bio bizz light soil/perlite

Feed: and supplements used: 0.5 of bio bizz grow but it was starting to droop before I added nutrients

water source: tap water, rested for 24hr plus

Strain/age: Cherry cola or orange sherbet I forget

light used: HP's 250w

Climate: indoors, temps range from 17-18c lights off average of 24c with lights on

Additional info: this is the third day of such issue
Looks like you started feeding abit early.
The 250w hps may be too much light for them.

They're 17 days old, started a feed on the 14th day? Only 0.5 of bio bizz grow. Should I hold off on nutrients until week 3? Will raising the light help? It's currently about 24" from canopy. Also will they recover? Cheers

They're 17 days old, started a feed on the 14th day? Only 0.5 of bio bizz grow. Should I hold off on nutrients until week 3? Will raising the light help? It's currently about 24" from canopy. Also will they recover? Cheers

Yes they should recover fine can we get pics under normal house lights 5k? The HPS give them a weird look I know I told you to water more last night but they almost appear over watered. Reading light should help if it is too much light but they appear to be stretching to me which would be a sign of not enough light

How dark green are those leaves? Are they clawing at the tips at all?

I will take a better picture when home, if the problem is over watering, how much would you recommend I water at a time? Also how long should I let them dry for they was watered yesterday, nothing as of yet today, should I wait until nearly dry? 3 of them are light green, one of them has dark foliage

I will take a better picture when home, if the problem is over watering, how much would you recommend I water at a time? Also how long should I let them dry for they was watered yesterday, nothing as of yet today, should I wait until nearly dry? 3 of them are light green, one of them has dark foliage
Ok
Now the watering question is a tough one I water by weight generally. Is the soil dry to the touch? How heavy is the pot? Use these factors to determine when to water again.

“What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.”

The dark green color could be too much fertilizer but the better pics in different lighting will tell much better and maybe by then some other folks will have chimed in

Last edited:
Ok
Now the watering question is a tough one I water by weight generally. Is the soil dry to the touch? How heavy is the pot? Use these factors to determine when to water again.

“What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.”

The dark green color could be too much fertilizer but the better pics in different lighting will tell much better and maybe by then some other folks will have chimed in
As requested and sorry for the long reply... Another of my plants has started to droop now, worried...

Attachments

• IMG20231202131006.jpg
    IMG20231202131006.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG20231202130953.jpg
    IMG20231202130953.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG20231202130934.jpg
    IMG20231202130934.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG20231202130919.jpg
    IMG20231202130919.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Do you have any gnats in your grow space? Gnats lay their eggs in the soil and when they hatch the little buggers suck moisture from the roots which can cause droopiness pretty suddenly. A little diatomaceous earth on top of the soil will definitely help rid them if you do, otherwise most of the time if the stems are ridgid, and the leave are the only thing drooping its over watering. Roots need to breath between waterings. Only water when your pot about 40 to 50% lighter than fully watered.

To me though this looks like the typical droop after a good watering, wait 2-3 days and I bet they perk back up, but they are looking pretty green, how often do you feed amd how much because too much N can cause a lot of problems later in the grow.

As requested and sorry for the long reply... Another of my plants has started to droop now, worried...
When was your last watering? Looks like u just watered and they can droop directly afterwards! Also does look kinda dark green which can be too much N! They also can droop like that if its towards end of light cycle and u have light up too high! Should be watering about 5-10% of medium volume depending on stage of growth!

I am far from an expert diagnosing issues tho! Just a couple things that could be causing u issues but quite sure someone smarter will be along shortly! :d5:

Back