Can autoflowers be 'forced' into flowering?

Boradan

We don't need no stinking Badges!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Seedstockers BCN Critical XXL
I have 3 plants currently growing in RDWC.
The Grow is linked in my sig.
One started pre-flowering about 17 days ago.
One has just started pre-flowering (same strain as the first - Fruit Punch Auto from Heavyweight Seeds)
The third plant is Cheese Auto from Original Sensible Seeds (a freebie with the Fruit Punch).

Due to using RDWC, I am a bit concerned that the Cheese is so far behind the other plants and will get screwed up when I change the nutes to Bloom for the other 2 plants.

I have read in several places that you can 'Force' autos into flower by either switching to 12/12 for 2 or 3 days, OR you can start the transition into Bloom nutes and this change will cause the plant to start flowering.

Is there any truth in this, or is it just BS?

HERE is the link for my grow for those using tapatalk who do not see sigs

I have 3 plants currently growing in RDWC.
The Grow is linked in my sig.
One started pre-flowering about 17 days ago.
One has just started pre-flowering (same strain as the first - Fruit Punch Auto from Heavyweight Seeds)
The third plant is Cheese Auto from Original Sensible Seeds (a freebie with the Fruit Punch).

Due to using RDWC, I am a bit concerned that the Cheese is so far behind the other plants and will get screwed up when I change the nutes to Bloom for the other 2 plants.

I have read in several places that you can 'Force' autos into flower by either switching to 12/12 for 2 or 3 days, OR you can start the transition into Bloom nutes and this change will cause the plant to start flowering.

Is there any truth in this, or is it just BS?

HERE is the link for my grow for those using tapatalk who do not see sigs

Simpler would be to not switch to bloom nutes until the cheese is ready.
Or to compromise between regular and bloom.
Those bloom nutes typically have too much taste-harming phosphorous anyway.
Mother nature seems able to grow plants without bloom nutes.

at day 17 will just be showing she is a girl. an auto will flower when she is ready. be patient, will be worth it happy growing;)

at day 17 will just be showing she is a girl. an auto will flower when she is ready. be patient, will be worth it happy growing;)

I think you misread.
Its day 49
One started preflower 17 days ago.

Simpler would be to not switch to bloom nutes until the cheese is ready.
Or to compromise between regular and bloom.
Those bloom nutes typically have too much taste-harming phosphorous anyway.
Mother nature seems able to grow plants without bloom nutes.
I am leaning towards the compromise at the minute, but the question was more related to whether or not bloom nutes forcing flower was a myth

I am leaning towards the compromise at the minute, but the question was more related to whether or not bloom nutes forcing flower was a myth
i have tried this before but it turned out the auto wanted to veg longer than ur average auto. look at seed info be patient. day 43 is abit late, only time will tell. Happy growing

My best experience has come when I followed the plant's ques for nutrient changes not the other way around. Do you have any far red leds (720 nm) if so using them for 15 minutes at lights out will stimulate flowering to some extent.

My best experience has come when I followed the plant's ques for nutrient changes not the other way around. Do you have any far red leds (720 nm) if so using them for 15 minutes at lights out will stimulate flowering to some extent.
I have 2 Viparspectra 600W LEDs and that is all I am afraid :bummer:

You can't force them with "bloom nutes". NPK is NPK, they would only receive less N with "bloom nutes".
However, you can expect faster flowering with smaller pots.

Everything I have read that speaks to forcing an auto to flower has purely been anecdotal. Nothing with any science behind it, that I have read, suggests that it is even possible.

Back